Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I'm watching what happens to the Marine Corps Marathon before deciding to lose all hope...
I’m hopeful the MCM will be able to go on. With the new pace requirement of 12 minute mile and the option to run it virtually it should significantly reduce the size of the field.
MD, the District and Virginia’s numbers (both positive cases and hospitalizations) have been consistently going down. VA goes into phase 3 on Wednesday which will allow groups of up to 250. If everyone continues to wear masks and maintain social distances hopefully the numbers will stay down and the race will go on.

the rising florida numbers is making me very mad...ughh
Same (this comes from an essential supermarket worker) and I fear it’s only going to get worse.... highly doubt WDW will even reopen on the 11th cause I’m pretty sure at this rate we will be close to eclipsing NY numbers

I’m hopeful the MCM will be able to go on. With the new pace requirement of 12 minute mile and the option to run it virtually it should significantly reduce the size of the field.
MD, the District and Virginia’s numbers (both positive cases and hospitalizations) have been consistently going down. VA goes into phase 3 on Wednesday which will allow groups of up to 250. If everyone continues to wear masks and maintain social distances hopefully the numbers will stay down and the race will go on.
LOL I live in Northern VA, not even 2 miles from the finish line for MCM. No way it's happening.

LOL I live in Northern VA, not even 2 miles from the finish line for MCM. No way it's happening.

I wouldn't completely discount it.

Between the number of people who will drop out of the live event due to the new pacing requirement combined with the people who will not participate due to travel restrictions/discomfort with live events, they may get the field down enough to have success with staggered 24 wave releases. (That would be about 430 runners per wave based on last year's numbers without non-pace related dropouts.)

They offered a gift card refund less the fee with ability to make decision in the future and not right away. Fee is worth enough when multiple runners that I am still holding out for a full refund.
Okay, folks... I need to check in with my trusted sources here. Someone on the interwebs just claimed that rD has been offering race refunds, if you email them to request it. Anyone else get word of something like this? I'm not looking to get a refund, but this would be a pretty big deal if true, and still a secret.

They offered a gift card refund less the fee with ability to make decision in the future and not right away. Fee is worth enough when multiple runners that I am still holding out for a full refund.

I was initially offered the gift cards as well, and politely went back and again explained my situation (which given I am outside the US and my country’s travel restrictions, there is no guarantee I could use a Disney vacations gift card in the next year or so). They came back a second time and offered me a refund minus the processing fee.

Just got notice from my TA yesterday that Disney relocated my W&D reservation from POFQ to a CBR Pirate room. I’m really hoping we get to go now, if just to see what the pirate rooms are like.

wonder if that means i'll get moved too. I'm at POR and MDE still says i'm at POR. my TA hasn't emailed me yet though. who knows, but now i'm curious if its coming since you said you just got notice.

wonder if that means i'll get moved too. I'm at POR and MDE still says i'm at POR. my TA hasn't emailed me yet though. who knows, but now i'm curious if its coming since you said you just got notice.

I think you can either call Disney and request to be moved somewhere specific (and pay the difference, if applicable) or wait and they’ll move you automatically with no charge if you get a pixie dust upgrade. I’ve seen some folks claiming to have been automagically moved from POR/FQ to Gran Destino or the like. I was kinda hoping for something like that, but I’m happy to be at CBR versus CSR if I wasn’t going to be upgraded to a Deluxe.

I think you can either call Disney and request to be moved somewhere specific (and pay the difference, if applicable) or wait and they’ll move you automatically with no charge if you get a pixie dust upgrade. I’ve seen some folks claiming to have been automagically moved from POR/FQ to Gran Destino or the like. I was kinda hoping for something like that, but I’m happy to be at CBR versus CSR if I wasn’t going to be upgraded to a Deluxe.
yeah thats what my TA said. she wants to wait to see if we get a pixie dust upgraded. She wants to force Disney's hand as much as she can and doesn't want to initiate a change herself it sounds like.

We were at PO-R for the 4th thru the 9th and got moved to a Coronado water view room.
Not sure how I feel about that since we haven’t stayed there since the kids were small.

Since Im cheap and easy to please I booked the All Star Sports. Im going to assume from these recent posts about moves and upgrades that All Stars will still be closed, and I will get upgraded. Parking lot view at Pop Century here I come.

Since Im cheap and easy to please I booked the All Star Sports. Im going to assume from these recent posts about moves and upgrades that All Stars will still be closed, and I will get upgraded. Parking lot view at Pop Century here I come.

So far no opening date for all-stars has been announced. That could change in a hour or not for another 6 months. Just have to wait and see what happens,

A part of me kind of wishes we didn’t “upgrade” to Pop and stuck to movies as usual

I was booked at Movies and noticed the other day that I got moved to Pop Preferred pool view. I'm happy with that as that's what I wanted, but Pop was full when I booked. I'm planning two days at HS so the Skyliner will be great. My TA never emailed me though...I just saw it on MDE.

I'm booked 5th-9th at Movies. My TA told me to wait and see where Disney shifts me to. MDE still has me listed as Movies.

I'm booked 5th-9th at Movies. My TA told me to wait and see where Disney shifts me to. MDE still has me listed as Movies.
Disney isn’t going to take action yet. Right now to get a move you/your TA has to call for such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter