Official Wine & Dine 2018

I'm feeling weird signing up only for the half marathon. I love the challenges and all the medals. Gah....what to do....

After some thought I looked at the Swan/Dolphin. I've never really considered them before due to the resort & parking fees, but after the new Disney parking fee I priced it out this morning. I can get two nights and upgrade to valet parking for less than what I currently have booked at the Poly with my magical travel agent. Plus it's walking distance to Epcot.
We have never done a rd event but both dh and I are interested in the challenge. The problem for us is the cost. We would save around $300 to just do the half marathon. That would cover either one night of our hotel or a Halloween party. We just can’t decide. I’m thinking we will most likely just do the half and will do another race some other time.

Back on topic, I am going to book the 10K for the W & D and see how training goes. I might add on the 1/2 marathon later if it is available. Can you upgrade to the challenge later if the other piece is available?

Only if there are still challenge bibs available. Getting the 10K and Half separately won't translate into an official challenge, and therefore not net you the extra shirt, special bib and most importantly, the bling.

So I looked at the swan and dolphin and they look kind of expensive. Is that normal for race weekend?

So I looked at the swan and dolphin and they look kind of expensive. Is that normal for race weekend?
It depends on what they have going on. I know at the end of October they have their food and wine classic event. They are also a convention resort so they could have an event that weekend.

With the resort and parking fees added in, they've been very expensive every time I've looked over the years. Either I'm traveling at high-rate times, or I have a very different idea of "budget" lol!

I just looked at last year's course maps. I think I'll just be sticking to the half since they are very similar in the HS/EP area. I just booked 1 night at the Swan & requested late checkout. Dolphin was cheaper, but they have double beds. I never know if my family is going to tag along so I'd rather have the the queen beds.

I just spoke with Disney tech support regarding APs not having access to the AP benefits pages.

The good news is that he knew right away what I was talking about as he said many others have called with the same problem.

The bad news is that he said it is a known issue having to do with linking AP accounts to permissions to access pages, and that the work-arounds tech support has tried have not worked. He is going to escalate the ticket (whatever that really means) but did not think it would be resolved by Friday. His only suggestion was that I call runDisney on Friday and see if they would register me over the phone.

To update my own post, I just spoke with runDisney and they said we cannot register over the phone tomorrow if the AP links do not work for APs. She spoke with a few other staff and said that this was the first they have heard of IT issues. So I guess we will just have to wait until tomorrow to find out if a fix is in place.

To update my own post, I just spoke with runDisney and they said we cannot register over the phone tomorrow if the AP links do not work for APs. She spoke with a few other staff and said that this was the first they have heard of IT issues. So I guess we will just have to wait until tomorrow to find out if a fix is in place.

Hmmmm.....wasn't that their excuse for delaying the registration to begin with? :faint:

With the resort and parking fees added in, they've been very expensive every time I've looked over the years. Either I'm traveling at high-rate times, or I have a very different idea of "budget" lol!
Yeah after I took out the ticket price it was about $1600 for 4 nights and that’s without the parking fee. We can get bay lake tower for 3 nights for $972 by renting. I was just looking for a different option. I’m a little hesitant to stay at sports but it’s so much cheaper.

Wow, that's pricey. I would love to stay at a big time resort and if it was any other place I would. It's like staying in a big city at the Ritz or the Motel 6. You gotta keep the lights on and check under the bedsheets at some discount hotels, but the beauty of Disney, is all the hotels are the same, I mean, cleanliness, well done, etc. it's just that the pricier ones provide more luxury. So I have no problems staying at a Value, plus, only there to sleep!

I'm only going to sign up for the 10k on this one. I'm running every race for Star Wars so I don't feel like dropping another $300+ on the W&D challenge. Going to try and find another half somewhere here in Orlando for cheaper around that time.

I'm only going to sign up for the 10k on this one. I'm running every race for Star Wars so I don't feel like dropping another $300+ on the W&D challenge. Going to try and find another half somewhere here in Orlando for cheaper around that time.

Not exactly the same time frame but the OUC Track Shack half is December 1st downtown :)

Wow, that's pricey. I would love to stay at a big time resort and if it was any other place I would. It's like staying in a big city at the Ritz or the Motel 6. You gotta keep the lights on and check under the bedsheets at some discount hotels, but the beauty of Disney, is all the hotels are the same, I mean, cleanliness, well done, etc. it's just that the pricier ones provide more luxury. So I have no problems staying at a Value, plus, only there to sleep!
Our thing is we will most likely have 1 or 2 days at the hotel during the day so we might want something more quiet and relaxing.

Not in Orlando but the Fort Lauderdale Half is the following weekend.

I thought I saw that DVC and AP early registration was to open tomorrow at noon, but I can't seem to find it again. Can anyone confirm that early registration for DVC is tomorrow? I go to the link and it takes me to RunDisney Star Wars page. Maybe that will change tomorrow???

Funny, the CM I talked to yesterday gave me a different phone number and said I can register tomorrow by calling. Nobody knows what is going on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter