• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Officiant Questions

Wish on a Star

DIS Veteran
Hey to all of you former Disney Brides-

Who officiated your wedding? What did you like? What didn't you like?
(We are hoping for a non-religious ceremony)

I think I read somewhere that in some instances the officiant counts as one of the guests (for an Escape wedding that could be a problem). Is this true or did I dream it up?

Hey to all of you former Disney Brides-

Who officiated your wedding? What did you like? What didn't you like?
(We are hoping for a non-religious ceremony)

I think I read somewhere that in some instances the officiant counts as one of the guests (for an Escape wedding that could be a problem). Is this true or did I dream it up?

I'm going with Rev. Randall Miller. I saw a video of an Escape bride and loved what he did with her ceremony. Even though I'm doing a Wishes, he will still fit our style and who we are. The officiant only counts as a guest if you are using an officiant not on the preferred Disney list....or if it's an officiant of your choosing..i.e. your Pastor. I hope that helps. :thumbsup2

hey there! we had Ron Rozinswig(sp?) he is on the disney's recommended list and he is a notary for the state of Florida. I would NOT recommend him. We had alot of speed bumps with him. He just added more stress to everything already going on!

Has anyone done an interfaith ceremony with one of the officians? We have Catholic/Christian and Jewish family members, and us ourselves are Wiccan, so we want to find something that can at least roughly include elements of all these faiths, but we don't know if any of these officiants will.

We brought DH's youth pastor. If you can't find someone to do the kind of ceremony you want, you can also bring your own officiant, including a family member or friend who has been ordained to perform marriages by, say, the Universal Life Church (they can apply online). Yes, s/he will count as a guest, but you might find it is worth it to have the perfect person for the job!

We also used Rev. Miller. He was awesome. I talked to him once or twice to book and then didn't really hear from him again til just before the wedding, which made me nervous, but worked out fine. Neither of us are religious so he sent us a generic love ceremony and we took a couple things out, but generally liked it. We were a little stressed at the rehersal, but he was very calming. He asked us what we wanted him to wear. It was on the beach so we told him cool, casual and beachy. I think he wore khaki pants and a breezy white shirt...looked nice. Only other thing is that he was about $100 more than the other officiants I looked at, but that didn't seem like much. I think our sneek peak is on STVS somewhere!

Has anyone done an interfaith ceremony with one of the officians? We have Catholic/Christian and Jewish family members, and us ourselves are Wiccan, so we want to find something that can at least roughly include elements of all these faiths, but we don't know if any of these officiants will.

We are using Rev. Tim Herring. He has Catholic and Christian listed on his website and interfaith marriages. DF is Catholic and I'm Baptist. I haven't met with him to discuss the details, so I don't know much as of now. I have heard good things about him and he was very nice on the phone.

I was hoping to have Ron Rosenzweig as I had seen a wedding that he did a couple of years ago and thought he was really good. But since reading some experiences that people have had with him here, I'm having second thoughts.:confused3

Are there any other non-religious officiants that disney recommends?

We are looking for a non-religious officiant too - neither DF or I are religious at all.

I was hoping to have Ron Rosenzweig as I had seen a wedding that he did a couple of years ago and thought he was really good. But since reading some experiences that people have had with him here, I'm having second thoughts.:confused3

Are there any other non-religious officiants that disney recommends?

Kevin Knox does a ceremony that is not religious. He has several ceremonies to choose from. Here is his website. http://www.abeautifulceremony.net/

I am using Rev Jack. He just seems really sweet and kind. He has a pic on his website of him and his wife in Cindy's carriage and it says "Still my Cinderella since 1951" and it just made me cry so I went with him.. I was thinking of rev tim too, he seems really great too :)

Rev Herring did our wedding and he was fantastic! We didn't have a religious ceremony but the words he used were beautiful.

I am using Rev Jack. He just seems really sweet and kind. He has a pic on his website of him and his wife in Cindy's carriage and it says "Still my Cinderella since 1951" and it just made me cry so I went with him.. I was thinking of rev tim too, he seems really great too :)

Isn't he adorable! He called me a few times yesterday to confirm everything with me and I thought he was the sweetest little thing. I wanted to squeeze him! I can't wait to meet him! :goodvibes

Rev. Jack is the best! He is just too sweet! He did a wonderful job officiating our ceremony. We wanted a ceremony that followed the traditional layout of a Catholic ceremony and he helped us tailor it to fit our needs and desires.

He is also very happy and willing to perform non-religious ceremonies, as he is also a Notary.

DisneyBrideToni: Isn't he adorable! He called me a few times yesterday to confirm everything with me and I thought he was the sweetest little thing. I wanted to squeeze him! I can't wait to meet him!

haha totally, you have to tell me if he was as adorable as I imagine him to be!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter