Offsite eating out top 5s

london75

DIS Veteran
I know there have been lots of odd recommendations but wondered if anyone had a top 5 they'd like to suggest.

We are about to flip the switch on cancelling CBR and having a villa as well which despite the loss of buses is definitely my favourite way to holiday. The £4-500 we'll save will provide extra spends, a little for the bank account and a few more meals out. We've only ever eaten offsite in a couple of places in Celebration, Cheesecake Factory and the Peabody so the world really is our oyster.

We like most things but good kids menus are quite important, I've heard Chili's, Logan's, Mimi's but if someone has a top 5 and if important, which specific branch, I'll get on the hunt for vouchers!!!

Thanks in advance, Andy

Compiled list:
Red Lobster in Crossroads
Texas Roadhouse
Mannys
Friendlys
Cheesecake factory
Chili's
Giordanos IDrive
Cici's
Olive Garden
Cheesecake Factory
Texas Roadhouse
Longhorn Steakhouse
PF Chang
TGI's
Panda Express
Bob Evans
Bahama Breeze
Celebration Town Tavern
Texas De Brasil Steakhouse
J&T's on US 192 in Kissimmee
Ruby Tuesday

I know there have been lots of odd recommendations but wondered if anyone had a top 5 they'd like to suggest.

We are about to flip the switch on cancelling CBR and having a villa as well which despite the loss of buses is definitely my favourite way to holiday. The £4-500 we'll save will provide extra spends, a little for the bank account and a few more meals out. We've only ever eaten offsite in a couple of places in Celebration, Cheesecake Factory and the Peabody so the world really is our oyster.

We like most things but good kids menus are quite important, I've heard Chili's, Logan's, Mimi's but if someone has a top 5 and if important, which specific branch, I'll get on the hunt for vouchers!!!

Thanks in advance, Andy

We always enjoy Red Lobster in Crossroads - great value and decent food.

Top 5 for us would be:

1. Texas Roadhouse
2. Mannys
3. Friendlys
4. Cheesecake factory
5. Chili's

I love Cheesecake factory! I've been to ones in Vegas and New York and both were great.

Anyone been to Chuck E Cheese and Cici's pizza buffet?

I visited a Cici's in New York and it was great for a cheap meal.

I've always thought Chuck E Cheese looked great fun for kids!

I also love Cheesecake Factory, my only concern is it easily rack up a reasonably large bill by the time deserts are ordered. I suppose you do get two meals out of it as leftovers are inevitable!

Hi!

Our top five would be:

Olive Garden
Cheesecake Factory
Texas Roadhouse
Longhorn Steakhouse
PF Chang

All quite expensive though, if we are looking for a cheaper meal we also enjoy:

TGI's
Panda Express
Bob Evans
Chillis
Chuys

Ali :)

I love Cheesecake factory! I've been to ones in Vegas and New York and both were great.

Anyone been to Chuck E Cheese and Cici's pizza buffet?

I visited a Cici's in New York and it was great for a cheap meal.

I've always thought Chuck E Cheese looked great fun for kids!

I've been to both CiCi's in Kissimmee and they are both fabulous value for money. Both seem a little dated in decor but the food was fantastic. If they don't have the pizza you want on offer just ask and they'll bring one over. You can't beat it for the price!

I'll be going again when I return at the end of the month that's for sure.

I've been to both CiCi's in Kissimmee and they are both fabulous value for money. Both seem a little dated in decor but the food was fantastic. If they don't have the pizza you want on offer just ask and they'll bring one over. You can't beat it for the price!

I'll be going again when I return at the end of the month that's for sure.

Thanks. In NY it was $6 for all you can eat! You can't buy a small pizza at my local take-away for that!

Oh wow this is hard:

Cheesecake Factory
Longhorn Steakhouse
Bahama Breeze
Chillis
Celebration Town Tavern

Then an upscale favourite is Seasons 52

Mannys - nice steak, cheap prices and kids can draw on the table cloths - kids eat free on a monday or tuesday

Bahama breeze - nice sood, carribean theme and decent kids menu

For pizza we like flippers for normal pizza and also enjoyed the deep dish at Giordanos. DD would vote for pizzeria uno - they had a make your own pizza on the kids menu.

For cheap and cheerful diner food village inn near seaworld (free pie for dessert on a wednesday) or Friendly's on I Drive - kids options are plentiful there.

Upscale - we and DD loved texas de brasil brasilian steakhouse. Kids under 6 are $5 and older kids half price. If you join the email club you get one free adult meal for a birthday or anniversary or 25% off for joining.

Breakfasts - cracker barrell, ihop (free brekkie for joining email club) or dd's favourite perkins (rainbow sprinkle pancakes!)

Links in my signature to my two dining on a budget threads with pics of all the food and prices including DD's kids options. My DD is 7 think you have one DD a bit older and one a bit younger from memory.

There is a CiCi's in Lake Buena Vista by Crossroads. Amazing value for money! You can even pick up 241 buffet vouchers to save EVEN MORE.

We also liked Hooters for their boneless chicken wings (better than buffalo chicken wings).

I would give The Knife a miss. Not worth it. Too expensive for what it is.

Thanks. In NY it was $6 for all you can eat! You can't buy a small pizza at my local take-away for that!
Similarly priced if I remember correctly. There are plenty of coupons/vouchers around. Most common is a refillable large drink and buffet for $6.50. I have however just pm'd you a link to a printable coupon for free buffet when you buy an additional buffet and two 32oz drinks. :)

Olive Garden
Texas Roadhouse
J&T's on US 192 in Kissimmee
Ruby Tuesday

If cheap and cheerful all you can eat buffet is your thing Ponderosa

This thread is very useful! I need to start signing up to some of these to see if I can get some vouchers.
I have memories of breakfasts at Golden Coral when I went to Florida when I was a child so that's definitely on my places to go list.

I was originally going to Longhorn Steakhouse for a T-Bone steak (surprise, surprise!) when we're there in September, but now reading this thread and Wayneg's live trip report, it sounds that both Texas Roadhouse and Manny's Chop House are also quite good.

I wonder which is better (although that is very subjective)?

Our offsite places we always try to visit:

1. Carrabba's (Italian)
2. Cheesecake
3. Seasons 52 (but agree with pp that it is upscale - owned by Olive Garden chain)
4. Logan's Roadhouse (for ribs) - but like Wayne, was also disappointed in last visit
5. Miller's Ale House (cheap, especially lunchtime)

I was originally going to Longhorn Steakhouse for a T-Bone steak (surprise, surprise!) when we're there in September, but now reading this thread and Wayneg's live trip report, it sounds that both Texas Roadhouse and Manny's Chop House are also quite good.

I wonder which is better (although that is very subjective)?

Like you say, it is very subjective, really depends on your taste.

Our own personal experience is that Mannys and Texas Roadhouse are on a par (with Mannys being more of a drive from WDW/Orlando) with Logan's being slightly (not massively) sub-par, in terms of service and quality of food.

We prefer Manny's, as it's independently owned and not one of the usual chains. For us, we have found the service and food are always consistently good. It can be hit and miss at the chains.

However, on the downside, it is quite a way to drive (if you're based close to WDW) and the wait for a table can be horrendous at times.

Well worth calling ahead to Mannys and getting put on the wait list if you are planning to eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter