Offsite honeymoon hotel suggestions?

Jen0000

Earning My Ears
We're in search of the perfect offsite hotel for our honeymoon.
Perfect to us means in has to be cheap ($50?), nice rooms (clean, not too small), nice pool area, and relatively quiet ( not a ton of kids running around or alot of drunks). Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Jen0000,

Welcome to the DisBoards! I've never stayed off-site, so I couldn't give you any personal suggestions but here's a website that lists the Downtown Disney Resort Area hotels. Because they are near Downtown Disney, they are considered off-site and are cheaper then the Disney Resort hotels.

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/hotlspg.html

You didn't mention when your honeymoon was, but the Best Western Lake Buena Vista is offering $79 per night for a room. The other hotels listed should be within that price range. Some hotels offer packages (around $110 per night) that include breakfast buffet, unlimited amission to Walt DisneyWorld, etc. These packages could save you money in the long run considering the individual prices of park passes and food $$.

There are off-site hotels that are a mile or two away from Disney (like the Holiday Inn) that might be closer to $50 per night. (Sorry, I don't have any info on these hotels!) Of course, these hotels might be expensive depending on what time of year your honeymoon is.

If you need clarification or have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Happy planning,
Diznee25

Jen0000,

I was reading in my PassPorter travel guide and here is a list of hotels within 10 miles of DisneyWorld that are in the $50 a night price range you were looking for. Keep in mind that if these hotels don't offer transportation to Disney, then you might want to rent a car.

Commfort Inn Lake Buena Vista $50 per night [www.comfortinnorlando.com[/url]

Holiday Inn Express $59 per night
407-351-4430

Holiday Inn Hotel & Resort $55
407-396-4488

My travel book lists 35 hotels near DisneyWorld, but these are the only 3 within the price range you asked for. The other hotels I'll divide into 2 groups. The first group, which consists of 6 hotels, range from $36 to $40 per night. The second group ranges from $70 to $225 per night. If you'd like information on these hotels, just let me know. :)

Happy planning,
Diznee25

I would not recommend staying at the Best Western downtown disney. I've never stayed there but it gets the worst ratings. Check out the Grosvenor or the Hotel Royal Plaza. They are both rated very well and you would still get the benefits of staying on the property. Check out mousesavers.com for good rates at the Hotel Royal Plaza. My mother always enjoys staying there. They also have free buffet breakfast! I've stayed at the Marriott Courtyard downtown disney and it was nice. I stayed there for under $50 also. The I-drive and Kississime area is always cheap but very noisy and "toursisty".

When you you going on your honeymoon? There are great discount rate codes out right now for WDW resorts. Also, check mousesavers.com to see if they would work for you!

I just noticed a great rate at the Radisson Parkway. It gets great reviews and it's $59 per night. See www.intercot.com!

Good luck!

Lisa

It's hard to avoid kids in the Disney area! I'm not sure about drunks!

Are you willing to give priceline a shot? I understand that might not be the best thing for a honeymoon, but for a little bit more than your budget (under $75), you should be able to get a 4* or resort. The ones that I have seen come up (you don't get a choice) are the Marriott Orlando World center, the Hilton DTD, the wyndham palace, gaylord palms and rarely, the swan or dolphin. Any of those would be nicer than what you'd get normally.

3* would be $35-40.

The hilton was recently renovated, the gaylord palms is newish, and the marriott is very nice too. All are close to Disney. The only one I don't know much about is the Wyndham palace.

If you're willing to take the time to read a lot & do some research, www.biddingfortravel.com is very helpful. The FAQ is confusing, but necessary. It would help to do some dummy bids on Priceline to see what they are talking about! There are also reviews on the site & a section with winning bids in Orlando. Just read a lot & don't post any questions there until you're ready for bidding advice. Then there is a form for that.

Ask all your questions over on the DIS budget board!!

Congrats & happy planning! :)

It is not cheap, but...

The Orlando Mariott World Center is where we stayed on our last trip. We booked through hotels.com, and we were able to get a rate of about $120/night. Not cheap, but it was worth every penny. It was comfortable, clean, close to Disney...comfortable...comfortable...did I mention the down comforters on the beds?

On top of that, our "standard" room had a balcony, coffee maker with coffee included, and it was just awesome. I definetly recommend spending a little more and really enjoying it...you will not regret it.:jester:

I'm not sure when you're planning to go, but the Downtown disney resort Courtyard by Marriott is offering a $20/night fall rate right now..it's nothing fancy but the rooms are huge and it's pretty well maintained, my family and I stayed there last fall, and if the rate didn't end oct. 1st my FH and I would be staying there for our honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter