Offsite Restaurant Recommendations

LLMA

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip where we will be staying offsite near Marriott Word Center. There are just 2 adults travelling but we aren't looking for restaurants where we would need to dress up. We are also open to driving anywhere for a fun experience. What are your favorites? We are open to all options. We will be there for a couple of weeks so ordinary favorites are welcome as well.

Was going to post the exact same thread. I too am looking for good offsite restaurants for a family of 6 during our non park days.

It’s a chain, but we LOVE Chuy’s for Mexican! We don’t have them near us at home. Sooo good and cheap compared to Disney.

If you are willing to make the drive up to Universal We really like Cowfish at City Walk. It doesn't seem like it should work, but it does. Parking there is free after 6PM as long as you are not going on a concert or Halloween Horror night. We also thought the Kitchen Acoustic Brunch was pretty good, though a bit pricey, at the Hard Rock. Parking is free with restaurant validation there.

It’s a chain, but we LOVE Chuy’s for Mexican! We don’t have them near us at home. Sooo good and cheap compared to Disney.
I forgot about Chuy's. We have been there before and loved it. Thanks for the recommendation!

If you are willing to make the drive up to Universal We really like Cowfish at City Walk. It doesn't seem like it should work, but it does. Parking there is free after 6PM as long as you are not going on a concert or Halloween Horror night. We also thought the Kitchen Acoustic Brunch was pretty good, though a bit pricey, at the Hard Rock. Parking is free with restaurant validation there.
I'm not familiar with those places and would absolutely be willing to drive. I'll add them to the list. Thanks for your recommendations!

We enjoyed Ford's Garage near Margaritaville resort. We were there on a Saturday evening and the was some live outdoor music going on in the area (there are several restaurants and entertainment places there).

Miller's Ale House is also a chain I have seen recommended.

We enjoyed Ford's Garage near Margaritaville resort. We were there on a Saturday evening and the was some live outdoor music going on in the area (there are several restaurants and entertainment places there).

Thanks so much for the recommendations I will add them to the list. We've eaten at Ford's before and it's great but haven't tried that location yet.

We are planning a trip where we will be staying offsite near Marriott Word Center. There are just 2 adults travelling but we aren't looking for restaurants where we would need to dress up. We are also open to driving anywhere for a fun experience. What are your favorites? We are open to all options. We will be there for a couple of weeks so ordinary favorites are welcome as well.
The Melting Pot in Dr Phillips was good, Piesanos in Winter Garden is excellent Italian, Hash House a go go on I drive is fantastic. They do the best chicken and waffles! First Watch Champions Gate or Dr Phillips is great for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Celebration is a really cute totally walkable town that was initially built to reflect what Walt hd envisioned for Epcot. It’s no longer owned by Disney but it feels like main street USA. Great dining option. Our fave is the Columbia which is Cuban And Spanish. If you go get the 1905 salad or the gazpacho which are prepared table side and so good. They serve fresh warm bread and the tastiest food. You can dine outside with lakeview or inside with ac. Kobe Japan Lake Buena vista has the best teppanaki and sushi. We don’t eat the sushi but my kids loved it. Keke’s is a local chain that’s great for breakfast or lunch. Everything was so fresh. Alders has the best burgers and fries all home made. Located in Davenport. My DD moved down to work for the mouse and stayed in the area. We visit a lot and prefer offsite dining. It’s cheaper and better. Oh and Shebooms ice cream was good but now I forget where it is located. It’s like a 50’s soda shop. Windermere has a cute downtown with great coffee shop and my fave breakfast or lunch place called Dixie Cream. Winter Garden has loads of cute shops and restaurants and a theatre. if you go there check out the ones in the Plant City building.

Totally forgot about Miller Ale House. Not a fan of Fords.

The Melting Pot in Dr Phillips was good, Piesanos in Winter Garden is excellent Italian, Hash House a go go on I drive is fantastic. They do the best chicken and waffles! First Watch Champions Gate or Dr Phillips is great for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Celebration is a really cute totally walkable town that was initially built to reflect what Walt hd envisioned for Epcot. It’s no longer owned by Disney but it feels like main street USA. Great dining option. Our fave is the Columbia which is Cuban And Spanish. If you go get the 1905 salad or the gazpacho which are prepared table side and so good. They serve fresh warm bread and the tastiest food. You can dine outside with lakeview or inside with ac. Kobe Japan Lake Buena vista has the best teppanaki and sushi. We don’t eat the sushi but my kids loved it. Keke’s is a local chain that’s great for breakfast or lunch. Everything was so fresh. Alders has the best burgers and fries all home made. Located in Davenport. My DD moved down to work for the mouse and stayed in the area. We visit a lot and prefer offsite dining. It’s cheaper and better. Oh and Shebooms ice cream was good but now I forget where it is located. It’s like a 50’s soda shop. Windermere has a cute downtown with great coffee shop and my fave breakfast or lunch place called Dixie Cream. Winter Garden has loads of cute shops and restaurants and a theatre. if you go there check out the ones in the Plant City building.
Thank you so much for all of these great recommendations. I'm excited to try them!

Hot Pot is SO fun as is Kura Revolving Sushi. Robots bring your drinks! You can join the waitlist online by downloading their app.

Portillo's for Chicago style hot dogs and Italian Beef sandwich http://www.portillos.com/

Giordano's for Chicago deep dish pizza https://giordanos.com/locations/orlando-universal-studios-area/

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - excellent Cuban - https://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/en/orlando/menus/dinner/ <get the mixed grill for two and you'll sample a bunch of dishes!>​

Maggianos Italian ... try family style: "Perfect for parties of four or more, Family Style lets you enjoy three courses of your favorite Maggiano's items." https://www.maggianos.com/

Hot Pot is SO fun as is Kura Revolving Sushi. Robots bring your drinks! You can join the waitlist online by downloading their app.
Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the tip on downloading the app.

Another poster already mentioned one location of Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. It's a local chain, so you can visit whichever is nearest. I also like the healthy counter service place called Too Much Sauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter