Oga’s Cantina

I have two ADRs for 2, but they're both at like 10:30am which isn't ideal.
good to know it's not a conspiracy LOL! Like, no matter WHAT time I checked, that same thign would happen, party of 2, no go, party of 4+, all the same times are suddenly there. I know they have to space guests and usually they would seat parties together with others so I am guessing it's for that reason, just seemed crazy!!

Oga's was my only ADR for my (canx/rescheduled) May trip, and same for my Sept trip (which is the rescheduled)...and that ADR got cancelled too.

*** Today (7/10/20) I got an Oga's ADR for Sept 8. Here's the crazy part: I could ONLY reserve for 4+ people. Literally if I set it for 2, nothing was available. This same issue occurred yesterday, as well.

-- Is Oga's only allowing for parties of 4+ to reserve?? Has anyone been successful in making an ADR for a party of 2? :oops::scared:View attachment 508287View attachment 508292
**UPDATE** I was able to make a reservation for 4, then modify it in MDE to be just 2 guests...at which time I was given multiple time slot options. This was still not possible to find in a regular search for a party of 2...at all. SO weird. But at least I have things set. :faint:

Disney Planning Drama: Check!

I have two ADRs for 2, but they're both at like 10:30am which isn't ideal.

Disagree, getting lit at 11am and then doing the rest of the part was pretty fun pirate:

I got a reservation for 4 at 7:05pm on our HS day - we have 2 friends who are trying to come on this trip with us but if they bail I'm sure I'd have no trouble finding some nice strangers (maybe some DISers!) to take their spots.

**UPDATE** I was able to make a reservation for 4, then modify it in MDE to be just 2 guests...at which time I was given multiple time slot options. This was still not possible to find in a regular search for a party of 2...at all. SO weird. But at least I have things set. :faint:

It's not really weird when you think of the seating arrangements. They have booths that will accommodate groups of 10. Otherwise it is standing room only at a bar-like counter, which won't really work with social distancing. I suspect they are limiting attendance to the booths and a handful of bar spots spread apart, and it doesn't make much $ sense to use a 10-person booth for just two people.

Sci Fi is doing the exact same thing by the way: can't get a party of two there unless you book a larger party and modify down (likely for the same reason as the cars there seat 6 and you can't seat more than one party in the same car and socially distance.)

It's not really weird when you think of the seating arrangements. They have booths that will accommodate groups of 10. Otherwise it is standing room only at a bar-like counter, which won't really work with social distancing. I suspect they are limiting attendance to the booths and a handful of bar spots spread apart, and it doesn't make much $ sense to use a 10-person booth for just two people.

Sci Fi is doing the exact same thing by the way: can't get a party of two there unless you book a larger party and modify down (likely for the same reason as the cars there seat 6 and you can't seat more than one party in the same car and socially distance.)
Yes, that's what I figured was happening! I had seen a couple of people saying they'd gotten reservations for 2 there so I was like, HOW am I doing this wrong? haha But definitely, I figured it had to do with the way seating (standing) will work. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter