Oga's Cantina? Any strategies, or should I just give up?

For our trip a couple weeks ago I was able to get a party of 2 for 9:15 and another party of 2 for 10:45. Right around rope drop when my husband and daughter were on smugglers run I went by and asked them if they could combine the reservation to a party of 4 and they did. So all 4 of us got to go at 10:30 together. It was really cool inside, but not something I will do again. We spent over $100 for 4 mediocre to bad drinks and an absolutely disgusting alien charcuterie board. The server saw our face at the end and made the comment it looked like a "one and done" for us. I got the impression that is a common sentiment. So, while super cool, not something I will stress about getting again. FWIW the best drink we tried was the carbon freeze.
I agree, we’ve been a bunch of times because our kids love the atmosphere (or so they say, I think they just want an excuse to have sugary drinks) and can verify that every single one of the cocktails is disgusting. Last time I just got a beer instead and decided I’ll do that from now on.

As for general tips, my best luck getting sold out reservations has been late at night or early morning. Less competition from other people searching then. But really, best time is the night before with people cancelling to avoid the penalty.

Today was my 60th day and Oga's was available. I was on right at 6:00 but didn't see it until 6:45 when I was looking through the times on our HS day. I used the filter to look at only Hs reservations on that date when I found it. Reservations was for 4.

Olga's is an immersive experience that should definitely be enjoyed but for us it was a one and done. There was only one drink I was interested. The interior felt like we'd walked into the middle of a SW movie. Very Cool. However, what really made the experience was the people we were placed next - very nice and totally made us stick around for a good 40 minutes or it would've been 10 minutes. It's expensive, dark and crowded.

I've noticed some more openings recently. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe increased capacity? Or maybe I'm just noticing.

Try "the day before (after the 24-hour cancel deadline)" and "the day of". I actually saw a lot of hard-to-gets on "the day of", and moved some of our reservations to better times because of it.

GOT IT!

I think they must have opened up some availability, because I got a couple of alerts in the night, and it looks like I'm not the only person who finally snagged it.

Got Citrico's for the 18th too.

GOT IT!

I think they must have opened up some availability, because I got a couple of alerts in the night, and it looks like I'm not the only person who finally snagged it.

Got Citrico's for the 18th too.

They definitely added availability. The reservation system was down for a little while, and yesterday afternoon I was able to get Oga's around 60 days for any time.

I'm grateful for this thread! I tried to score a reservation with no openings at all. I set up the reservation finder under touring plans and maybe 2 hours later, I hear a ping notification. AHHHH! I grabbed a reservation! Thanks to everyone for sharing! We just really want to visit inside...a little cool down before we head over to the droid depot. Thanks again!

Went to Oga’s on passholder preview day August 2019. Cool atmosphere and drinks but very pricey. They should have doubled the size of the cantina to accommodate the demand (an open rooftop portion would be incredible). Been back to GE at least 20 times since and haven’t been back to Oga’s. Checked the other day and got two reservations for Mid July. For what it’s worth I prefer the baseline tap

[/QUOTE]
Went to Oga’s on passholder preview day August 2019. Cool atmosphere and drinks but very pricey. They should have doubled the size of the cantina to accommodate the demand (an open rooftop portion would be incredible). Been back to GE at least 20 times since and haven’t been back to Oga’s. Checked the other day and got two reservations for Mid July. For what it’s worth I prefer the baseline tap

I love Baseline Tap. I keep fearing that they're either going to take it away or raise the prices.

Oga's is extremely cool though.

I'm grateful for this thread! I tried to score a reservation with no openings at all. I set up the reservation finder under touring plans and maybe 2 hours later, I hear a ping notification. AHHHH! I grabbed a reservation! Thanks to everyone for sharing! We just really want to visit inside...a little cool down before we head over to the droid depot. Thanks again!
Glad it worked for you.
We have had good luck with it in the past, but you have to be quick as others get the same notification if they are looking as well.

Olga's is an immersive experience that should definitely be enjoyed but for us it was a one and done. There was only one drink I was interested. The interior felt like we'd walked into the middle of a SW movie. Very Cool. However, what really made the experience was the people we were placed next - very nice and totally made us stick around for a good 40 minutes or it would've been 10 minutes. It's expensive, dark and crowded.
How long do they allow you to just sit around and take in the atmosphere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter