Oga's Cantina

danikoski

DIS Veteran
How long should we plan for for visiting Oga's? Right now my husband and I have Oga's at 7:05 and the lightsaber build at 7:45.

ETA: ended up moving our Oga’s reservation to 6:45. I think that'll work better.

Last edited:
Depends how long it takes you to drink? You can only order a maximum of 2 drinks anyway. You should have enough time assuming they get you in right at your reserved time.

We were there in December 2021 and were called for our reservation 15 minutes late. I do not know if that is normal or not but you might be cutting it close.

We were there in December 2021 and were called for our reservation 15 minutes late. I do not know if that is normal or not but you might be cutting it close.
I'd push back the lightsaber build, but the website was a beast today and it took me an hour to get it booked, then I ended up with 4 reservations that I had to cancel 3. It was wild. Might try to move Ogas up a little.

Depends how long it takes you to drink? You can only order a maximum of 2 drinks anyway. You should have enough time assuming they get you in right at your reserved time.

They got rid of the 2 drink maximum some time ago, plenty of people get 3, then a 4th to go.

But the 45-minute limit still exists (not sure how well it's enforced).

They got rid of the 2 drink maximum some time ago, plenty of people get 3, then a 4th to go.

But the 45-minute limit still exists (not sure how well it's enforced).
No they didn't. I was just there and every CM gave the word-for-word spiel about the drink maximum.

I'm sure you can skate by, but at least in theory it's a standing rule.

You should check in to Savi’s 10-15 minutes before your reservation time. You’ll be given a place in line that will allow you to look at the different sabers you can build, choose the one you want, and then pay. You will then be given a pin designating which one you chose and shown to a holding pen area where you will wait until your reserved building time. Savi’s isn’t too far from Oga’s; you can probably hustle there in five minutes if you know where you’re going. So, for a 7:05 Oga’s, you’d need to get in on time, hope your server is super-attentive, settle up, and be ready to leave the bar at 7:30 to make it to Savi’s in time to check in. They’ll allow you to take drinks to go, but you must be finished with it before you enter the building area. I’d modify it to a different time if you wanted to spend some time soaking in the atmosphere at Oga’s.

Last edited:
I agree Oga’s tends to run late on seating, and that you need to be a bit early to Savi’s. Oga’s is also so busy—one time we sat down and waited 15 minutes for someone to come take our drink order. I think it is too close.

You should check in to Savi’s 10-15 minutes before your reservation time. You’ll be given a place in line that will allow you to look at the different sabers you can build, choose the one you want, and then pay. You will then be given a pin designating which one you chose and shown to a holding pen area where you will wait until your reserved building time. Savi’s isn’t too far from Oga’s; you can probably hustle there in five minutes if you know where you’re going. So, for a 7:05 Oga’s, you’d need to get in on time, hope your server is super-attentive, settle up, and be ready to leave the bar at 7:30 to make it to Savi’s in time to check in. They’ll allow you to take drinks to go, but you must be finished with it before you enter the building area. I’d modify it to a different time if you wanted to spend some time soaking in the atmosphere at Oga’s.
I ended up moving our Oga’s reservation to 6:45. That should work better and if we get out of Oga’s early we will just wander around and enjoy the ambiance of Galaxy's Edge.

No they didn't. I was just there and every CM gave the word-for-word spiel about the drink maximum.

I'm sure you can skate by, but at least in theory it's a standing rule.

Mine didn't back in June, and we went past the two-drink rule then and back in 2021 as well.

A rule of "Two maximum drinks" in a world where someone is compensated in tips is putting the unstoppable force against the immovable object.

(Order as many as you want, get one to go, you're walking all over the place at DHS and the cocktails are all pre-mixed so they're about as strong as a sleepy newborn ABV-wise)

Mine didn't back in June, and we went past the two-drink rule then and back in 2021 as well.

A rule of "Two maximum drinks" in a world where someone is compensated in tips is putting the unstoppable force against the immovable object.

(Order as many as you want, get one to go, you're walking all over the place at DHS and the cocktails are all pre-mixed so they're about as strong as a sleepy newborn ABV-wise)
I think we should all just chalk this up to “YMMV.” If you are there at a busy time, they have to clear guests timely to allow new guests to be seated at or close to their ADR times. It won’t be left up to the server—the manager will step in.

I'm happy for you. I'm all for getting the most out of your experience.

As a DLR regular, I've been to Oga's countless times and only ONCE did I get even a slight nudge about time. Every other time, we stayed until we were done and never once looked at our timepieces.

Which is why I was surprised that the CMs at WDW rigidly recited the rules just last week. I thought at first it was a WDW thing or that maybe the first CM might just be new at the job. But all the CMs at my visits that trip did the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter