Oga's- what is it exactly?

Yes, children are allowed inside. You must include everyone who will be entering on the reservation, regardless of age, whether they will be partaking or not. (There are nonalcoholic beverages available too)

We don't drink alcohol so we got a couple non alcoholic drinks for about $8 each and it was a cool experience. We were only in there for maybe 20 minutes. Glad we did it.

What is Oga's? To me it was kind of a waste of time. We ordered drinks (which were not good at all) and stayed about 15 minutes. It was cool to see, but once we saw it we were ready to leave.

We were there for a 9pm
Reservation on Sunday night and had a great time. We were put at a standing table with two other groups- one a family group of 4 including one tween and and a the other was a younger than us couple. We had a great waitress who helped make the experience fun. I don’t want to give too many specific details but we will be going back next visit. We had the 45 min limit but she told us that there was no drink limit. In reality, she was busy enough that it would have been difficult to order many. My Husband did have 3 total and i think we were allowed to stay a bit longer than 45 min but it was at the end of the night.
One of the best parts was walking around the area after dark and when it was virtually empty. It was my first time seeing it all free dark

Is the plexiglass still up? That article is from last October

We were there on 3/12 and it was up. We were seated in a booth with plexiglass between us and another party. I kind of liked it actually Bc I find communal seating kind of odd usually.

I just realized our bartender wasn’t in character. I had no idea they did that. It sounds like from previous posts some of them make it an acting gig too?

Our waitress was not in character.

We went once; thankfully it was at the height of Covid (just two months after the reopening) and it was at a dramatically reduced capacity. We had a 10 month old at the time and were given a big booth of our own and not given a time limit. It gave us an opportunity to rest in AC, feed a bottle, enjoy a drink, and look around without crowds. I didn't care about the cost of the drinks because I would have paid just about anything just for a booth with air conditioning in September.

I was glad we went once but we aren't big Star Wars people, and I hate crowds/standing/sharing space, so it's probably once and done unless we're traveling with people wanting to go.

We have been a few times. My 12 year old loves the place and asks to go each trip. It is overpriced but he doesn’t ask for much while we are there, so we are glad to do it.

I agree and disagree with what's been posted. It's an establishment that lets you park your hind end inside the Air Conditioned space and revel in the Star Wars decorations and lore. It wants to be a bar, but it's not. A bar should be a place to relax and enjoy a drink. Oga's is nothing more than experience, and your ticket to enjoy that experience is to buy a very over priced, batch made beverage, these are not cocktails that are craft made. These are Hawaiian Punch that's been stirred up in the back. The problem with the experience is you want to get up and roam about... but your supposed to stay in your pen drink your drink and look around. The drinks here are marginal at best and one thing everyone seems to agree with is they are overpriced. They don't want you to eat, because then you might stay longer. You're lucky if you get a seat because most guests get tied-up like a horse standing at a feeding trough.

Please don't get me wrong, Oga's has some amazing decoration and atmosphere. If you are into Star Wars it is a sight to behold. But IMHO it could have been so much better than what it is. But if you go, just go and enjoy the experience and be happy your wallet is lighter.

::yes:: I couldn't have said it better.

I agree and disagree with what's been posted. It's an establishment that lets you park your hind end inside the Air Conditioned space and revel in the Star Wars decorations and lore. It wants to be a bar, but it's not. A bar should be a place to relax and enjoy a drink. Oga's is nothing more than experience, and your ticket to enjoy that experience is to buy a very over priced, batch made beverage, these are not cocktails that are craft made. These are Hawaiian Punch that's been stirred up in the back. The problem with the experience is you want to get up and roam about... but your supposed to stay in your pen drink your drink and look around. The drinks here are marginal at best and one thing everyone seems to agree with is they are overpriced. They don't want you to eat, because then you might stay longer. You're lucky if you get a seat because most guests get tied-up like a horse standing at a feeding trough.

Please don't get me wrong, Oga's has some amazing decoration and atmosphere. If you are into Star Wars it is a sight to behold. But IMHO it could have been so much better than what it is. But if you go, just go and enjoy the experience and be happy your wallet is lighter.

Completely agree with this assessment. That said they did get a decent chunk of my $$ for a keepsake mug. But I could be a pass from here on out.

I just realized our bartender wasn’t in character. I had no idea they did that. It sounds like from previous posts some of them make it an acting gig too?

We have been multiple times and have NEVER had anyone in the place be in character, unless the character was supposed to be "indifferent". It had so much potential and they really dropped the ball from the size, to seating, to staffing. BUT the decor is amazing. I think it's worth it at least once, but avoid the expensive drinks unless you want one of the souvenir "glasses" and especially avoid the snacks. 🤢

Note: The Rancor Tooth Flight souvenir is amazing. Beers not so much but they are included.

I have been on the fence with this one. I will be going with my 2 daughters (13 yr). My one daughter is a huge Star Wars fan. I don't mind paying for overpriced, lousy drinks, however the thought of sharing a high top table with others is what has me hung up. I am not a people person and do not like striking up conversation. Not sure my girls would like sharing a table with others either. Ugh.

FYI, if you are hoping to get an ADR sign up with an online ADR search. I get notices ALL the time for Oga's.

We went last August 3 times, each time all of the servers were in character. They even told us about a starcruiser that was rumored to start making stops in Batuu.

Just curious but how should the staff act to be “in character?“. They’re just servers. I don’t think it was ever listed as an immersive experience. Just like trader Sams but without the announcement of drinks and effects

Just curious but how should the staff act to be “in character?“. They’re just servers. I don’t think it was ever listed as an immersive experience. Just like trader Sams but without the announcement of drinks and effects

They acted as thought they were residents of batuu and not just servers. They asked what brought us to Batuu, where we were from. My son let the bartender know i am a stormtrooper ( I belong to the 501st a Star Wars costume group) the bartender then asked if I was there for "business or pleasure?" when I told him pleasure he said good cause he had a bounty on his head. When I asked what bounty he said "Hey! I thought you were here for pleasure!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter