Oh Boy!!! Do I Have a Problem...*UPDATE* Not Such A Problem

DarthGoofy

I am glad God has it all under control.
We have ressies for a 1BR at the BCV for the third week of Sept.(16-23) It will be myself, DW and both DSs (6 and 2). Well, today, I was told by my mom and dad, that they would really like to go with us in a few weeks instead of going with our original plan to go next June.

Well, now what. :confused3 I mean, I don't mind them going at all, but what about our room. They really want to stay with us. I doubt very seriously if I can change to a 2BR at the BCV this late in the game. I may not get another chance to stay at the BCV for a while. I thought about trying across the lake at BWV, but my DS(6) really wants to swim at SAB. :crazy:

Any help or advice would be muchly appreciated. :wave:

If you can't get a 2 BR or a studio, see if you can get them a room at the BC.

Sorry to sound hard-hearted about this, but if BCV can't accomodate this change then I'd tell your parents that they're welcome to come along if they arrange and pay for their own accomodations, perhaps at the BC itself in order to be near you. (I'd probably even offer to make the call, with one of them on the line to provide their credit card number for the reservation.) In your shoes, I wouldn't let their mind-changing trash my trip.

Was the original plan that they would accompany you in June? If that's the case, I guess I would try for a 2 bedroom or an added studio, and if one is not available, I would tell them that. If they still want to come in September, then accommodations are up to them. If they didn't pay for the points or anything, then the reservation is up to you. Since you already have that ressie (and probably the June one too), I would just attempt a change, but still keep your ressie if a 2 bedroom or added studio is not available. Obviously, if you really want your parents to come with you this trip, you could change to one of the other resorts. As for swimming in SAB, you will have lots of other trips to do that, and a pool is a pool. No matter which resort you are at, your 6 year old will have a great time.

For what it's worth, you'll probably be able to book BCV next June without much trouble if you call right at 7 months (and waitlist if necessary.) June isn't exactly the busiest season at DVC.

justloveit said:
You might get lucky with making a change, since September is not a busy time. Good luck! :flower:
I agree, Sept is a very slow time. You might have to change your resort or get 2 units though. Good luck, I hope it works out.

I think the BWV pool slide is going to be refurbished/painted during most of September. You might end up being able to use Storm A Long Bay pool over at BCV anyways if you stay at BWV in a 2 bedroom. We've been hearing reports that with BWV's feature pool slide being down, Storm a Long Bay will be an option.

Also, September is low season so maybe there will be a two bedroom at BCV or maybe you can add a studio. That being said, BWV is a larger resort. Call Member Services Monday and see what you can work out.

Here's another idea, how about a studio at BWV for mom and dad? BCV and BWV are pretty close together.

Also, if you are an annual pass holder, maybe you can get them a room at the BC in a regular room with a discount. You will be there at check-in so maybe this could be an option.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

littlestar said:
I think the BWV pool slide is going to be refurbished/painted during most of September. You might end up being able to use Storm A Long Bay pool over at BCV anyways if you stay at BWV in a 2 bedroom. We've been hearing reports that with BWV's feature pool slide being down, Storm a Long Bay will be an option..

I thought about that. I wans't sure how to confirm it. Maybe MS will know on Monday. My wife and my mom really lit up when we started talking "Lazy River"

:banana: Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it. :banana:

I tnink it's very nice that your parent's want to come along but........If you have to disapoint the parents or the little guy who wants stromalong bay I'd go with disapointing the parents. Sure there will be other trips but THIS trip only happens once. I'm sure the grandparents will enjoy any DVC and BWV is very close. To most kids the vacation is the pool. When my youngest was little we could have stayed in a DIVE and as long as it had a great pool he would not have cared :rotfl: . Have a fun trip. Susan

I don't know if this helps or not, but my DH and I are making a quick trip the weekend of Sept 9. When we called last week to book a studio (on cash because we didn't want to use so many points) both BCV and BWV had availability but VWL did not. Granted they were checking rooms using cash not points, but that may at least be an option for you.

Good luck and enjoy your trip. :flower:

A couple of additional thoughts triggered by tiggercrew. The member discount might very well be available for that time. And you might be able to get some nights on points and others on cash but link the reservations. You might even change your weekend nights to cash and use those points if you needed and available. While the member "must be staying in the unit" to get the member discount, if you and your spouse are both on the contract, just put both names on both reservations and you should have no problem with the member discount. Let us know if it works out.

Situations are different for different people but I can tell you that I would do just about anything to have my parents at WDW with me an dmy family. I sure hope that you get BCV but I would switch resorts to accomodate my parents.

In 2003, my family of 5 stayed in a 2-bedroom. I borrowed points from the next year and put my parents in a studio. Since both rooms were under my name, the CM's at reservations very nicely put my parents in a room just 2-doors down.

Just a suggestion. :earsboy:

DarthGoofy said:
We have ressies for a 1BR at the BCV for the third week of Sept.(16-23) It will be myself, DW and both DSs (6 and 2). Well, today, I was told by my mom and dad, that they would really like to go with us in a few weeks instead of going with our original plan to go next June.

Well, now what. :confused3 I mean, I don't mind them going at all, but what about our room. They really want to stay with us. I doubt very seriously if I can change to a 2BR at the BCV this late in the game. I may not get another chance to stay at the BCV for a while. I thought about trying across the lake at BWV, but my DS(6) really wants to swim at SAB. :crazy:

Any help or advice would be muchly appreciated. :wave:

WOW---you sound like us, juggling a lot and trying to accomodate EVERYONE, which not only is impossible, but not even close to being logical---I am sorry for you dilema---call member services, tell them, straight out what's going on, ask for suggestions and if you aren't picky about the resort/pool---take whatever they have that will accomodate all of you, two studios? I think a pool, well, it's a pool---your children, especially as young as they are will have a ball as long as it's a nice pool that they can play in---I, especially, understand the parent dilema, and would give ANYTHING if my Mother, who has never seen WDW, could go with us, she can't, physically, it's not possible, so, that said, while your kids may not have an "ideal" pool situation, you, not necessarily the kids, they are so young, will have memories to last you a lifetime, of your children interacting with the grandparents at WDW---what a legacy---I would LOVE to have the opportunity that you have, right now---regardless of who has to pay for it---as suggested in an earlier post---I am as frugal as they come, but I would give anything to be able to show my daughter, now an adult, a photo of her as a little person, with Grandma at WDW---good luck and God bless. :sunny:

One word of caution -- an item that I'm sure you know, but is easy to overlook in a last minute situation like this.

Make sure your parents know that if you can get a room for them, they cannot cancel! You will be booking inside 30 days, and if anything changes their plans, you're going to have points in holding account.

JimMIA said:
One word of caution -- an item that I'm sure you know, but is easy to overlook in a last minute situation like this.

Make sure your parents know that if you can get a room for them, they cannot cancel! You will be booking inside 30 days, and if anything changes their plans, you're going to have points in holding account.

Thanks JimMIA. I told them that, but it may be a good idea to remind them.

Well, I just got off of the phone with MS and was able to get us a 2BR at the BWV. I am so glad that this worked out. Thanks to everyone who posted thier ideas and advice.

Oh, a couple of interesting items from MS this morning. I asked about the BWV pool refurb, and the MS rep called the BWV to ask. As of right now, the refurb is just a rumor. :confused3: She also said that the BW told her that if a refurb is going on we will then be advised of our pool options. We will see what happens.

Also, there were 2BR units available at every DVC location except BCV.

Thanks again, now I need to start researching the BWV. :banana:

I think that you will love BWV. If you get a "date" night (now you have babysitters) we enjoy Jellyrolls and the duelling pianos.

I'm happy for you Darth. As the previous poster stated having a built in baby sitter is nice, after all that is what my kids now call me (LOL). We will be having 4 generation's at SSR this december and me and great grandma plan to party at Jelly Rolls ourselves :banana: on the nights were not baby sitting of course :wizard: princess: . Have a great vacation. Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter