• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Oh boy

I vote for #1. This has "disaster" written all over it! :laughing: (And you know it!)

Maybe invite aunt.

What a dilemma. All those issues seem like a recipe for disaster. The only problem with canceling the trip is that the kids might be disappointed?

You should insist on getting the extra room and having people pay. Maybe some people would drop out of the trip to avoid the costs.

The real issue becomes trying to convince my wife that canceling is a good idea since this is her family we're talking about... I've always had a difficult time getting her to see her family's faults (believe me, most of my family is no prize either), but I'm going to wait it out for a while to see if she realizes it before I mention it to her.... it will be much easier on our household if this is her idea and not mine :)

Thanks for listening everyone...

The real issue becomes trying to convince my wife that canceling is a good idea since this is her family we're talking about... I've always had a difficult time getting her to see her family's faults (believe me, most of my family is no prize either), but I'm going to wait it out for a while to see if she realizes it before I mention it to her.... it will be much easier on our household if this is her idea and not mine :)

Thanks for listening everyone...

I'm good with photoshop, would you like a really nice authentic cancellation letter in the mail due to unforeseen flooding in the Villas section? :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Out of curiosity, did you know they all hated Disney so much when you invited them?

I would just cancel and go with your wife and children (and like a pp said, maybe the aunt!). Why would you spend that kind of time and money when you're already miserable just THINKING about the trip?

After reading your post I did a little mental wandering and tried to envision a trip with anyone in my family or my in-laws...I'd probably leap out of the plane, LOL!!!

You're a better person than I am for even considering it. Good luck with your decision!

I knew Stepmom didn't like Disney, or at the very least preferred Bugs Bunny over Mickey, but I didn't know she hated Disney... Everyone else was kind of a surprise... the good new is that the "cheap-o's" have backed out, so that's 4 less people to worry about... What I'm going to do is to write out an itinerary with theme park days, pool schedule, restaurant times and reservations (and prices!) and tell everyone that this is what me and my children are doing, if you'd like to come, please do... If you want to go to Sea World or think the restaurant is too expensive, you can stay in the villa and babysit... I think that will work out for everyone... fingers crossed!!

Dear In-Laws,

This is what we are doing during our stay in Disney.

Love,

Your loving In Law.

I knew Stepmom didn't like Disney, or at the very least preferred Bugs Bunny over Mickey, but I didn't know she hated Disney... Everyone else was kind of a surprise... the good new is that the "cheap-o's" have backed out, so that's 4 less people to worry about... What I'm going to do is to write out an itinerary with theme park days, pool schedule, restaurant times and reservations (and prices!) and tell everyone that this is what me and my children are doing, if you'd like to come, please do... If you want to go to Sea World or think the restaurant is too expensive, you can stay in the villa and babysit... I think that will work out for everyone... fingers crossed!!

I think this is your best bet. And than I would just go and leave them behind. I mean if everyone says they want to go to chef mickeys, rope drop, etc. and aren't getting ready in time I'd be like "if we don't leave NOW we will be late. I'm taking the kids now whoever wants to go come on or just meet us over there yourself." Than I would continue to not worry about them and walk out lol

I always wanted to go with family (but my family's pretty cuckoo as well) my mom always says no it will be a mess. I always say not for me. I do my own thing if no one can catch up that's there problem not mine lol. But so far no one wants to ever go with us :lmao: [They aren't disney fans like I am :sad2:]

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

i would go forward, keeping in mind that you are not charging them anything to stay with you and thus you should not feel responsible for coordinating their schedules/ensuring that they enjoy themselves. sure, give them guides of what you are doing like PPs said, but then it should be on them.

I vote for #1. I only travel with people that I truly enjoy spending time with and who enjoy spending time with each other.

Sounds like in order to get through this is to bring your Asian cousin along, Tie One On. Matter of fact bring several of them.

I'll cast my vote for #1 Downgrade to a 1 or 2 bedroom and just take immediate family (and possibly Sister 1 and the Aunt).

I'm good with photoshop, would you like a really nice authentic cancellation letter in the mail due to unforeseen flooding in the Villas section?
I'd take that offer Cite scheduling problems, and re-issue the invite for next year -- if you think it's safe. :rotfl:

Or you could keep the current plans, and video-tape the ensuing malfunction for "When Vacations Go Bad" :lmao:

Seroiusly, though - enjoy yourself. Don't let the turkeys get you down

You know your family well. Not only are you planning a trip with them but all under the same roof??????? It's my vacation also and I would not want to set myself up for a disaster.

You have enough time to cancel - discuss it with your wife. Something came up, work, school, etc.

Re-book and don't mention it for a while - then if anyone would like to join you guys, great but they need to get their own room, book their own room, etc. Meet up for a couple of meals, a show and that't it. That's what I would do anyway. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter