• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh god there's the yeti! Siblings do WDW - THE TRIP REPORT! *NEW/FINISHED 3/10/15!*

16635031702_4963c187ca_c.jpg

I like that picture with your brother on Dinosor it reminds me of one I have were I'm waving at the fake dino at the end

This is it. Our last day! I said I'd get this done by my birthday and I meant it! (it's still a few weeks off though). I'm very sad this trip report is coming to an end but it's been fun reliving it. Now I have our Disneyland trip to start on.

We were up around 8:10, we quickly dressed and finished packing the last of our things. We were out of the room by 8:30 and our bags were checked in to the airline resort check in by 8:40 and we ran to catch the bus. Luckily we got seats and were at Magic Kingdom by 9:00. Oh did I not mention we changed our plans? We totally did! Yesterday we were both feeling like we'd had enough of Animal Kingdom, and not enough Magic Kingdom. If the EASYWDW crowd calendar hadn't said we shouldn't do Hollywood Studios, we would have probably went there instead.

One last entry scan :( I think I was too sad to take any pictures before this.

We headed straight for Mine Train, but even though it was past 9:00 they weren't letting people on. Since it was a last minute change to do MK, we couldn't get a fast pass for it. The line was so incredibly long, we got in line for Pooh instead. When we got off Mine Train had just barely started loading, we we opted for Ariel instead. Unfortunately some people felt they should take flash photos on the ride. I got an email at some point that said Big Thunder was down. This was great, that meant we could get it it whenever we wanted with a fast pass and have to hustle around a little less.

I love this picture. Look how excited he looks. ;)

When we got off we checked mine train again and the wait said 45 minutes and we thought that would be our best wait all day so we got in line. We had a fast pass fore Peter Pan for a little later anyway. Aaryn was of course, a bit of a grump. I think he was really sad we were leaving and didn't want to wait for anything. I knew he'd buck up after the ride. The queue was shaded and had the fans going, it was heating up again today!

Again, so excited.

We only waited about 25 minutes for Mine Train, we got off at exactly 10:30. We were quickly onto Peter Pan and at lunch by 11:00! We only had one meal left between the two of us which was totally fine. We were off to split a meal at Cosmic Rays. I wanted to kind of walk through the castle and over to Tomorrowland but we weren't able to do that.

I thought a good way to get our money out of our last meal credit would be to split and burger and load up on toppings. (although in the above photo it doesn't look like we did haha) After lunch wait times were finally up so we went to Space Mountain, but not before stopping for a few photos! We also caught a little of the parade. After Space Mountain it was time for one last ride on the TTA. From there we had decided we should try for everything else at least once, and if we had time for more we had time for more. That being our plan meant Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin was up next.

His hair was actually glowing in the tunnel.

I can't remember if I wrote this in the previous chapter but we met Stitch sometime while we were in Tomorrowland! We passed him by and decided to go for it, the line was really short! I was hoping he'd have a photopass photographer with him, but he didn't. I gave him a big hug and we took a few photos. We had had a fastpass for Space Mountain but it was down, actually that's the main reason we stopped for Stitch, because we were headed there first and then weren't able to ride. We were both wishing we had done more meets, but were glad we got to meet our faves.

Vacation ruined! Just kidding!

We were off to Adventureland next and stopped for a photoshoot or two. I wanted to get all the shots I could!

This was a fun one to get. We had stopped for a photo with the Mickey and Minnie topiaries, but the photographer wanted to try something out. This was the result!

When we arrived in Adventurelend, the Jungle Cruise was first up, we ended up getting the same Skipper we had previously, Benjamin. He was very fun once again! After we disembarked our boat it was time for a sail on the high seas! We decided we'd head to Splash Mountain after. We got one of those red time keeper cards on Pirates, as well as Splash. I love getting those.

Our time in the park was growing shorter and shorter. After Splash we headed for one last wild ride in the wilderness on Big Thunder. When We got off we had time for just one more ride and there was only one option...The Haunted Mansion! We also got a timekeeper here.

We were stuck here for a little while. I took a video.

We loved this wall.

Hard to read, it says "I Emma Spook"

We had to but not before one last shopping stop. We popped into the Emporium. I may have mentioned this but we lost Aaryn's Genie pin at some point, I took the blame for some reason so I was searching all over for a replacement. We had no luck at all finding any Aladdin pins. I ended up buying a Haunted Mansion Ear Hat ornament and an Everest pin Aaryn had had his eye on. We popped into the Confectionery for some snacks for the plane ride, then sadly made our way to the bus.

We only waited a few minutes for a bus and were on our way by 2:40. On the way back to Pop it dawned on me that I'd have to drive my own car the next day. Major bummer! I did no miss work at all and Aaryn didn't miss school. He was bummin' pretty hard. We had to be at the bus stop by 3:25, so we went to the bathroom and out to the stop. I spent some time looking through our Memory Maker account and I was missing some photos, so I emailed support hoping to get ahead of the problem.

When the bus pulled up I realized I didn't have our bus boarding passes. I immediately went up to a man and asked what we should do. What I think happened was the resort airline check in people never gave it back to me, because I remembered having it in the morning, and I only got into my bag once at the parks. There's no way I would have tossed it out, I kept everything even if I knew we didn't need it. He was nice enough to let us on and we were on our way by 3:38! I ended up tipping one of them on the way out.

When we got to the airport we stopped at the Disney Store to once again, look for a genie pin. No luck there so we went on our way. Aaryn was craving Panda Express (he goes there at least twice a week) I had looked up food places on the bus and it said there was a chinese place in our terminal, so we bypassed the Panda Express in favor of getting into the terminal and on our way. We ended up stopping at Wendy's instead.

We had a layover in DC at Ronald Regan. We boarded our plan around 6 and landed in DC at 8. We thought we were close to our gate, we were sort of but it was unclear where we should be. I think the gate had changed so we ended up having to go elsewhere, it wasn't too far though. Our flight wasn't boarding until 9:30 so we just kind of hung out. Our plane ended up having some sort of delay and we boarded about 20 minutes late.

When we touched down in Indy we ended up sitting on the tarmac for ages before pulling up to the gate. I think it was a good 35 minutes. At this point we were so tired and ready to be home. I missed Mark a very large amount! Finally when we boarded we booked it to meet Mark and I tackled him!

Well that's the end of this trip report, I hope you enjoyed it and I thank you for following along! I may or may not do one for our 1 Disneyland day in August. Sadly we don't have another WDW trip planned, though I'm shooting for maybe 3 or 4 years from now!

What a fun last day to a fun brother sister trip! :earsboy::earsgirl:

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your visit. And thanks so much for sharing your family adventure with us; I really enjoyed following along. :thumbsup2

I hope you enjoy DL, and keep us posted on a TR.

Until next time ttfn! :tigger:

Awww! All over. Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed your TR. I think it's great that you and your brother are so close. You had a great trip together.

Hi everyone! I thought here would be a good place to share that Aaryn and I got "matching" tattoos a few days ago. I'm the kind of person who always said they were going to get one but never put aside the money or time. I never actually thought I would. It was my first one, but he has several already (I think this one makes 6?). It didn't really hurt getting it, but the healing is kind of uncomfortable. :confused3 I stumbled upon the original sketches for Mike and Sulley and we decided it was perfect. I got Mike, He got Sulley so we always have each other with us. :) Oh and the August Disneyland trip is still on as far as I know, but I haven't purchased tickets yet. That may not happen for a while, it's so expensive! Anyway, here's the photo collage I shared on instagram.

80BI2Q.jpg

Wow! Love those tattoos! You are DL in August? Too fun! I've done March and July in DL... love it! Where do you plan to stay? Did I read that before? Sorry if I did... I can get forgetful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter