• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

Sending positive thoughts and well wishes your way... You have certainly had some trials. Prayers for your mom's speedy healing. Reading your trip reports it seems that she keeps herself in great shape so that should really help the process along. Hoping that you and your fur babies are on the mend also! Take your time and take care of yourself. Whenever you get back to the TR people will follow because you do a great job writing them :-) Very enjoyable to read!
Thank you so much for the well wishes and kind words! I too hope since my mom is super active that it helps speed along her recovery!

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry about all the stresses in your life right now. Very good wishes going your way to your mom and your canine & feline family.

Quick RL update! My mom's surgery went well and she's at home resting now, wahoo! I also had my follow-up visit with my doctor today and he said I'm healing very well from my own surgery. So far so good! The fur babies are also back to normal, at least as normal as they'll ever be. They really are kinda weirdos....but I still love them!

Also, it's like UPS knew I needed a pick me up, and I got a big old Disney haul delivered today!

PXL_20230706_202555711~2.jpg

So yeah, today is a much better day! Now if only the F&W menus would be released that would be fantastic!

Also, thank you everyone for the well wishes!

even miss after the show hearing the Tapestry of Nations parade song, the new music just doesn't come close!
Preach! This is seriously the one thing that Disney has changed that leads me to miss the old version the most.

There was something so powerful—almost spiritual—about holding my kids’ hands and listening to this uniquely unifying song as we made our way out of EPCOT by torchlight after a wonderful day.

Glad all went well and that you’re all either recovered or on your way. Sheesh, when it rains it pours! Your Disney delivery looks like fun at least 😊

Guys, I wish this was a happy update, but my goodness, this summer is starting to get ridiculous. Thing have unfortunately not been going great. My cat got sick again and I ended up spending Sunday-Tuesday at the emergency vet. Turns out he has FUO - fever of unknown origin. Ugh, we had him tested for EVERYTHING, seriously everything, it cost about as much as a Disney vacation, and so far everything is coming back normal. Even the various vets (3 different locations!) said he not only was perfectly healthy on paper, but even looked like a cat much younger than he was.

Well, good news, he seems to be feeling much better, thank goodness! He's almost back to himself, eating and playing again, and the fever is gone. So yay for that!

So, before he got sick, I had put in papers to adopt a pair of kittens. Well, today was the day I went to meet them, and when I got there the family fostering them decided they wanted to keep them, so yeah, yet another bummer for my summer! Although probably best not to add more stress for my cat recovering!

But then, because apparently I cannot have a single week this summer without stress, I got a letter from my insurance company stating they are cancelling my homeowners insurance because satellite imagery showed my roof was in under "heavy wear." This in itself is just ridiculous, my roof was inspected recently because I was worried my new HVAC unit on it caused damage, and it was found to be in "perfect condition." Plus, I had the roof installed and it's only halfway through it's listed lifespan.

Seriously though, just to rant, my former insurance was bought by Farmers, and my goodness, Farmers sucks! Since they took over I keep getting threating letters that they will cancel my policy for random reasons, the previous one was for debris (ie leaves I hadn't raked up yet) in the fall. So yeah, if you're looking for insurance, avoid farmers! My parents also were switched to farmers from their previous company, and since then I've had to actually submit various engineering reports (I am a structural engineer) stating their houses are structurally sound because some of the Farmers inspectors went into the backyard with no notice and thought some balconies were at risk of collapsing. So yeah, Farmers is also totally cool with letting their people trespass on peoples property with no notice to find "defects" to try to cancel policies. Ugh, I hate this company. My neighbor works for them and he is quitting he hates the company so much, so yeah, avoid them if you can! My assumption is we all had great rates with our previous insurer before Farmers bought them, and Farmers hates that so wants to get rid of us all.

So yeah, stress level through the roof here, I'm currently searching for a new homeowners policy. We're looking at USAA since my dad is former military, and so far I've heard great things from friends who have it, but if anyone here has any recommendations I'd love to hear them!

I don't have any suggestions for insurance companies. It does seem like Farmers is just making up reasons to cancel policies. :(

Guys, I wish this was a happy update, but my goodness, this summer is starting to get ridiculous. Thing have unfortunately not been going great. My cat got sick again and I ended up spending Sunday-Tuesday at the emergency vet. Turns out he has FUO - fever of unknown origin. Ugh, we had him tested for EVERYTHING, seriously everything, it cost about as much as a Disney vacation, and so far everything is coming back normal. Even the various vets (3 different locations!) said he not only was perfectly healthy on paper, but even looked like a cat much younger than he was.

Well, good news, he seems to be feeling much better, thank goodness! He's almost back to himself, eating and playing again, and the fever is gone. So yay for that!

So, before he got sick, I had put in papers to adopt a pair of kittens. Well, today was the day I went to meet them, and when I got there the family fostering them decided they wanted to keep them, so yeah, yet another bummer for my summer! Although probably best not to add more stress for my cat recovering!

But then, because apparently I cannot have a single week this summer without stress, I got a letter from my insurance company stating they are cancelling my homeowners insurance because satellite imagery showed my roof was in under "heavy wear." This in itself is just ridiculous, my roof was inspected recently because I was worried my new HVAC unit on it caused damage, and it was found to be in "perfect condition." Plus, I had the roof installed and it's only halfway through it's listed lifespan.

Seriously though, just to rant, my former insurance was bought by Farmers, and my goodness, Farmers sucks! Since they took over I keep getting threating letters that they will cancel my policy for random reasons, the previous one was for debris (ie leaves I hadn't raked up yet) in the fall. So yeah, if you're looking for insurance, avoid farmers! My parents also were switched to farmers from their previous company, and since then I've had to actually submit various engineering reports (I am a structural engineer) stating their houses are structurally sound because some of the Farmers inspectors went into the backyard with no notice and thought some balconies were at risk of collapsing. So yeah, Farmers is also totally cool with letting their people trespass on peoples property with no notice to find "defects" to try to cancel policies. Ugh, I hate this company. My neighbor works for them and he is quitting he hates the company so much, so yeah, avoid them if you can! My assumption is we all had great rates with our previous insurer before Farmers bought them, and Farmers hates that so wants to get rid of us all.

So yeah, stress level through the roof here, I'm currently searching for a new homeowners policy. We're looking at USAA since my dad is former military, and so far I've heard great things from friends who have it, but if anyone here has any recommendations I'd love to hear them!
My family and I have had USAA for years through my grandfather’s military service. We’ve never had any issues with them! They pay out quickly and are proactive during natural disasters ( we live in Houston and have had our fair share of hurricanes - Rita, Ike and Harvey).

Oh my goodness! What a summer, indeed! Glad to hear your cat is feeling better. So sorry about the kittens. I'm sure you were so excited to have them join the family. Regarding insurance - that's astounding. I've never heard of insurance doing stuff like that. It's never happened to me in ~20-ish years of homeownership. And I have insurance through ... USAA (my dad is also former military)!! I do everything through them - banking, car insurance and home insurance. They've been great with everything. Highly recommend.

So glad your kitty is doing better but super frustrating to have to pay so much for really no answers. One of my daughter’s cats had a seizure a few weeks ago and while, thankfully, we didn’t have to go the the emergency vet it still wasn’t cheap to find out that he may or may not ever have one again!

We have Allstate, but have never had to make a claim. My in-laws have USAA and when 1/2 their house was crushed by a tree, USAA eventually did them right. It was during the worst of the pandemic so I know that put a bunch of extra bumps in the road but in the end they have been very happy with how USAA treated them.

Usually just a lurker, but I love your trip reports with your mom. I'm glad your cat is doing better.

I just wanted to say go with USAA. We had a similar situation with Farmers telling us we needed a new roof on our lake cabin. We didn't like them snooping around our cabin. But we did get the new roof because we knew we needed it and planned to sell. The agent had sent me an email and said we needed comparison pictures of the garage roof when the roofing was done. I emailed back and said some of the pages were blank and was that all we really needed. Kind of snottily she said they're blank because they didn't need those. Ok. My husband took the pictures she needed when it was done and came home. After I sent her the pictures she replied that she found out she did need cabin pictures. OMG! That was the end of them for us. We got USAA and the price of our auto insurance was cut in half. We hadn't had an accident or traffic ticket in over 30 years, but it went up almost 10% each year. That was after our old agent retired. We had also had Farmers for over 50 years! When I called to cancel she said she had found a better deal for us that would save us $500 a year, but she couldn't cut the home insurance. I said no thanks. We saved over $1500 a year with USAA! My brother-in-law changed to another insurance company and saved $1000. It's a no brainer. Get rid of them.

I don't have any suggestions for insurance companies. It does seem like Farmers is just making up reasons to cancel policies. :(
Yeah, I did some digging and it looks like this is a very common complaint about Farmers. It's so ridiculous, before they bought Metlife we never had any issues at all, I never heard from Metlife for the 15+ years we had them outside one claim that they took care of.

My family and I have had USAA for years through my grandfather’s military service. We’ve never had any issues with them! They pay out quickly and are proactive during natural disasters ( we live in Houston and have had our fair share of hurricanes - Rita, Ike and Harvey).
That's great to hear! Definitely leaning towards USAA, I have a bunch of friends who have it as well and they all really like it.

Oh my goodness! What a summer, indeed! Glad to hear your cat is feeling better. So sorry about the kittens. I'm sure you were so excited to have them join the family. Regarding insurance - that's astounding. I've never heard of insurance doing stuff like that. It's never happened to me in ~20-ish years of homeownership. And I have insurance through ... USAA (my dad is also former military)!! I do everything through them - banking, car insurance and home insurance. They've been great with everything. Highly recommend.
Thanks, yeah I'm so happy my cat is doing better. It's been a very hard week! The kittens were definitely a bummer, but I do think it was probably for the best so my cat can stay stress free for a bit longer.

Yeah, the insurance thing is crazy. Last year I just laughed it off when they threated to cancel the policy for having leaves on my yard, I just had to send a picture showing I raked. But this time they're flat out canceling my policy, no option to fix whatever they think is wrong. I did find a bunch of reports of them doing this to others though, so it looks like this is just a Farmers thing. I guess in the grand scheme of things this may actually be the best, people keep saying how great USAA is, and it sounds like it may even save some money, so I'm trying to look on the bright side!

So glad your kitty is doing better but super frustrating to have to pay so much for really no answers. One of my daughter’s cats had a seizure a few weeks ago and while, thankfully, we didn’t have to go the the emergency vet it still wasn’t cheap to find out that he may or may not ever have one again!
Thanks! I'm sorry to hear about your daughters cat, hopefully it's doing better! Yeah, it's crazy how expensive vets are these days. I do have insurance for the pets, but they only cover so much, and having to pay out of pocket at first then wait to get reimbursed can be hard when the bill is the same as a weeklong Disney trip!
We have Allstate, but have never had to make a claim. My in-laws have USAA and when 1/2 their house was crushed by a tree, USAA eventually did them right. It was during the worst of the pandemic so I know that put a bunch of extra bumps in the road but in the end they have been very happy with how USAA treated them.
Thanks, that's good to hear, we've been looking into USAA more this morning and it looks like it may be the best option for us.

Usually just a lurker, but I love your trip reports with your mom. I'm glad your cat is doing better.
Thank you! Yeah, it's such a relief he's pretty much back to his old self!
I just wanted to say go with USAA. We had a similar situation with Farmers telling us we needed a new roof on our lake cabin. We didn't like them snooping around our cabin. But we did get the new roof because we knew we needed it and planned to sell. The agent had sent me an email and said we needed comparison pictures of the garage roof when the roofing was done. I emailed back and said some of the pages were blank and was that all we really needed. Kind of snottily she said they're blank because they didn't need those. Ok. My husband took the pictures she needed when it was done and came home. After I sent her the pictures she replied that she found out she did need cabin pictures. OMG! That was the end of them for us. We got USAA and the price of our auto insurance was cut in half. We hadn't had an accident or traffic ticket in over 30 years, but it went up almost 10% each year. That was after our old agent retired. We had also had Farmers for over 50 years! When I called to cancel she said she had found a better deal for us that would save us $500 a year, but she couldn't cut the home insurance. I said no thanks. We saved over $1500 a year with USAA! My brother-in-law changed to another insurance company and saved $1000. It's a no brainer. Get rid of them.
Good to know! Yeah it looks like it'll save us some money too, and I keep seeing such great reviews. It is crazy how Farmers is operating these days. My parents were furious that they were snooping around in their backyard when they weren't home just trying to find things wrong with the house. So shady. As stressful as all this has been, I'm really thinking this is for the best, we haven't been happy with Farmers since they bought our old insurance, and USAA sounds really good!

He has been fine since his one very scary seizure. He is a rescue, in-bred farm cat who was the runt and literally was frozen and unresponsive before the lady we got him from found him and warmed him back up (his cat mom often rejected him since he was the runt). He honestly is a bit brain damaged and a very little guy (under a pound when we got him) but super sweet when he wants to be and he has the softest fur ever.

1689532636290.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter