Oh! My Peanut butter! (a 2013 PHM report)

:woohoo: Yeah for an uneventful travel day. Your room location is pretty nice - we have stayed in the area ourselves.
Looking forward to reading MORE, especially your next day. ;) :laughing:

Wow - another Disney trip under your belt. :cool1: Sounds like departure went off without a hitch! Looking forward to reading more!

Yep... another one. It was too short a trip... but such a good one.

:woohoo: Yeah for an uneventful travel day. Your room location is pretty nice - we have stayed in the area ourselves.
Looking forward to reading MORE, especially your next day. ;) :laughing:

I really liked that area. And having the pool right outside our room was amazing.

Yes... the next day will be a fun read. It was after all a very special day. ;) I just had to go through the pics to get the best ones. SOMETHING caused Steve to take 400 pictures. (yes...literally about 400 of ONE event) Not sure why he didn't just decide to video tape instead. He put the setting on something that took one picture right after another in succession. :rolleyes:

When the alarm on my phone went off at 6:45, I was happy to get up. I got ready and gave Steve and Zoe a bit more time to sleep. Not too much more though since I had wanted to get to rd.

We were a tad late, so we just missed a bus to MK. It wasn't long though and another bus was right there. Our luck with Disney Transportation this trip was amazing. We had to stand only once and only once did we have to wait on a bus.

We arrived at Mk at 8:01, so we just missed rd. Oh well, there will be other trips I can catch it. The park itself was not very busy.
DSCF2104_zps9e7f4df5.jpg

DSCF2105_zpsc59090d9.jpg

We went directly to the New Fantasy land. Since everything was just opening, there was very little wait for Story Time with Belle. So this was first on our list of things. The wait was more than I would have liked but it was a must do for us since Zoe was interested.

DSCF2111_zpsd3c4c682.jpg

You can see the line was a tad full.
DSCF2110_zpsa2d9e929.jpg

Something else Zoe couldn't wait to see.
DSCF2112_zps57274e08.jpg

Maurices house is amazing. You can just imagine Belle growing up there.
IMG_0767_zps7e70a37b.jpg

IMG_0768_zpsdc87daa1.jpg

DSCF2115_zps23f8976a.jpg

Once through the house you go into his workshop. Then you view the special mirror. OMG!!! So very very cool. It did seem to terrify one child though and (I think it was) this child screamed nearly bloody murder almost the entire story time. :sad2: Sorry, I was so mesmerized by the mirror I didn't take any pics.

Then into a special room with the wardrobe. Again... SUPER cool.

IMG_0771_zps46725a41.jpg

Of course, Zoe was asked to play a part. She was Mrs. Potts. I am kicking myself for not pre ordering the pp cd... but I didn't think we would get many pp pictures. We actually didn't, but there are a few that I do really love... but the cost to order a few of them isn't a lot less than the pre order. :rolleyes:

IMG_0773_zpsae342daf.jpg

DSCF2121_zps3af8da6f.jpg

Since we had not had breakfast we needed to find something to eat. Mainstreet bakery was closed. Sleepy Hollow was closed. Basically, we had a couple choices. One of those choices was Gaston's Tavern.
DSCF2124_zpsf845615d.jpg

DSCF2125_zps32623d37.jpg

DSCF2126_zps794b26d5.jpg

Zoe and I split a cinnamon roll and a cup of Lafous Brew. The cinnamon roll was yummy. I liked the brew, but Zoe and Steve both thought it was ucky.
IMG_0777_zps9c966747.jpg

Steve got a chocolate croissant and coffee. This surprised me since he rarely is a big chocolate pastry fan.

It was a very sunny day!
DSCF2129_zps696f3dd8.jpg

From there, we saw that there was a short wait to get on the new LM ride. We rode this in July in DCA. I must say it was MUCH better in MK. The queue alone was amazing. The ride itself was a bout the same... but the way it was housed... much better.

DSCF2131_zps5ed37391.jpg

DSCF2132_zps21402f4d.jpg

DSCF2133_zps91b51cae.jpg

IMG_0779_zpsb561b510.jpg

IMG_0781_zps7d1e4656.jpg

IMG_0786_zps62f9c9c6.jpg

Next Up: Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 2

Reading your update, I hoped Zoe would be chosen at the "Storytime thing" (forgot the name .... I am growing old :rotfl2:)
She is such a cute little lady!

We loved the LM ride too - so nicely made, even though Ariel looks a bit "funny" in some of the szenes. :rotfl2:

Your cinnamon roll looks yummy btw. ;)

Reading your update, I hoped Zoe would be chosen at the "Storytime thing" (forgot the name .... I am growing old :rotfl2:)
She is such a cute little lady!

We loved the LM ride too - so nicely made, even though Ariel looks a bit "funny" in some of the szenes. :rotfl2:

Your cinnamon roll looks yummy btw. ;)

I hoped she would too. Actually, there were other kids there that refused. I think some kids love doing things like this and others are terrified to do so.

:rotfl2: Yes, Ariel does look a bit funny in some scenes, doesn't she.

And..the cinnamon roll was yummy. Between that and the drink it was a tad on the sweet side though.

Continuing on with our visit to the new expansion we hit the circus area. We decided to meet the all the gals and guys. I just love Minnie's outfit!
DSCF2147_zps5dc096f4.jpg

DSCF2146_zps195f2587.jpg

DSCF2153_zps36162bd2.jpg

DSCF2154_zpsf4c78e2c.jpg

Zoe was a tad disappointed that we were not doing autographs this trip, but soon got over it. Just as with the pp cd, I didn't think we would make much use of an autograph book. Still, there was just a part of me that wished we had got autographs from the circus versions.

We skipped over Dumbo :eek: and Zoe and I rode Goofy's Barnstormer.

As she and I waited in line for GB, a train pulled up to the station and we watched as they filled it with water.
IMG_0792_zps5afaa808.jpg

IMG_0793_zpse1ede908.jpg

Even though that ride is uncomfortable and way to short, I do enjoy it.

DSCF2163_zps8e727e62.jpg

DSCF2178_zpsbef9241b.jpg

DSCF2179_zpsee1602ed.jpg

Next up: Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 3

Oh Ann, I love your character pics! We didn't even go "near" where the characters were, just checked out the tent. ;)

I just love your smile in the photo where you exit GB! You look so very happy! :thumbsup2

Oh Ann, I love your character pics! We didn't even go "near" where the characters were, just checked out the tent. ;)

I just love your smile in the photo where you exit GB! You look so very happy! :thumbsup2

There was little to no line to see the characters. We basically walked in and out...and then right back in (you have to enter again if you want to see the guys vs. the gals)

Steve loves that picture too. Normally, pictures of me kinda look :crazy2: Especially candid ones. He just happened to catch a good moment when I was smiling and not snarling. ;)

Yay for fun in New Fantasyland!! How cool that Zoe was chosen for a part! :goodvibes

Your cinnamon roll looks really good!

It was fun... Zoe gets chose for something each trip. Sometimes... more than one thing. This was the one thing on this trip. :)

I assume the cinnamon roll was yummy... Zoe and I snarfed it down very quickly...so it must have been. :rotfl:

So glad that Zoe got picked to be Mrs. Potts. That must have been so fun to watch.

Love Zoe's shirt. I just screams first day of vacation. Great character pics!

So glad that Zoe got picked to be Mrs. Potts. That must have been so fun to watch.

Love Zoe's shirt. I just screams first day of vacation. Great character pics!

I was happy Zoe got picked. I think it would not be a vacation for her if she didn't get to "perform" in some way. :rolleyes:

I love her shirt too. Her sister has a similar one...and she envied it. I really am not the kind of parent that gives into the whims of my children when it comes to "things" they want. So even though I knew she really liked her sisters shirt... I didn't give it much thought beyond recognizing that she wanted one like it. In other words, I wasn't going to search for one and if I did happen to come across one, I wouldn't just buy it.

On a past trip, a dear friend at the time (who always spoiled Zoe) took it upon herself to search for one. What an incredibly nice thing for her to do!! She surprised Zoe with it and it has been one of Zoe's favorite shirts to wear ever since..so of course it came with us on this trip and of course was the first one she wanted to wear. :goodvibes

Love your morning in the new fantasyland...now I get to see everything that happened...instead of little teases you gave that day. So looking forward to exploring it with you...

Love your morning in the new fantasyland...now I get to see everything that happened...instead of little teases you gave that day. So looking forward to exploring it with you...

I know!!! I realize that I just got back... but I am very much so looking forward to fall!

It was such a beautiful day. We walked the back way to Tomorrowland. There we got fast passes for Space Mountain.

Everything we wanted to do in TL had quite the wait and since the fast passes were not for quite some time we decided to head back to see about having an earlier lunch.

We stopped to take a few pictures along the way.

DSCF2181_zpsf8138773.jpg

DSCF2183_zps5685d7ee.jpg

DSCF2186_zpsb85cdf4f.jpg

I knew we needed to make sure to be to BOG early if we wanted lunch. However when we got there, and the restaurant had just opened... we did not expect to find what we did.

A FOURTY FIVE MINUTE WAIT!!!

Well, since this was a must do on our list for this trip we decided to go ahead and get into line.
IMG_0795_zps7c4b0c88.jpg

But wait... that is just the tail end of the line to get in. Here is some more..
IMG_0796_zps4f00b924.jpg

Zoe very quickly tired of the wait. Often she attempts to pose to mimic nearby statues. I don't think this was intentional.

IMG_0797_zps668c9ed9.jpg

Noticing that we were taking her picture though, this one was. :rotfl:
IMG_0798_zpse873a3bb.jpg

Oh!!! getting closer
IMG_0799_zpsb0468d43.jpg

Closer...
DSCF2188_zps5b6fd123.jpg

Inside... but still not up to ordering yet.
DSCF2189_zps23f1a3e4.jpg

Final stretch.. the hall of armor.
DSCF2191_zps9587c201.jpg

Are we hungry yet?
IMG_0800_zps34905283.jpg

Details of the armor..
DSCF2195_zpseed5b738.jpg

FINALLY we are just about to order

DSCF2197_zps7d8bda78.jpg

Now with the new KTTWC/RFID...whatever it is system, I found that ordering could be complicated.... complicated if you wanted to use more than one form of payment. Ie... cash and cs credit... or cs credit and snack credit. We had to place two orders and not one. Next we were given our roses to take to a table.

Zoe wanted to sit in the West wing. However this was very small and all the tables were taken. Couldn't leave without pics though...

DSCF2200_zps73545eee.jpg

The ballroom was very large and a bit too hectic for us. So we again moved on..but a picture of the chandelier of course had to be taken
DSCF2199_zps30a5989b.jpg

Finally we settle on the library (music box room)
IMG_0805_zpsd8af67b0.jpg

It was not long before a cart came around with part of our order and then the other part. Dessert came last.

With a snack credit, Steve ordered the french onion soup.

IMG_0804_zps5cbbc51b.jpg

The three of us then decided to spilt two meals.

The turkey sandwich and the steak sandwich. (picture shows a half of each on one plate)
IMG_0807_zpse20514ef.jpg

I personally liked the steak one better. Steve and Zoe preferred the turkey.

Next of course was the desserts. So pretty, but believe it or not.. not my favorite cupcakes.
IMG_0808_zps16b469a8.jpg

They reminded me of a twinkie with either strawberry filling or lemon filling. Good, but just not amazing. (even though they do look pretty)

Finally it was time for a restroom break and to make plans for the rest of our afternoon.
DSCF2201_zps678a45e4.jpg

Next Up: Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 4

Great pics and :woohoo: for getting into BoG.
We got in line at around where you must have started from, but it was just before they opened and the line moved pretty fast. I think from getting in line until ordering it took about 15 minutes. :thumbsup2

The soup was nice, wasn't it, especially for a CS place. We had different lunch items, but loved them both. I had a cream puff and while it was not bad, it wasn't the best either. :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your afternoon. :thumbsup2 And looking forward to hear how you spent the evening :rotfl2: ..... not that I do NOT know what you did that night. :rotfl:

I'm hoping the lines for BOG go away a bit by our next trip, a 45 minute wait is a bit too much for me!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal - too bad that pretty cupcake was a disappointment though!

Ha, I've seen many photos of the gargoyles outside of BOG but never thought until the picture of Zoe that they look like they're commiserating with the masses waiting in line!

ahhh...the line for BOG. The same thing happend to my mom and I, we got there right after it opened and the line was massive. I stepped out to ask one of the CMs and was told the wait was 55-60 minutes...crazy. I am hopping that once the newness wares off a little the lines will go down a bit..wishful thinking im sure. I know that they put in the new ordering process to move things along, but i think it actually makes things take longer.

Oh I remember that line well! They told us an hour and a half, but it was only 45 and well worth it just to see the inside! :thumbsup2

Did you guys go straight back to Echanted Tales with Belle or did you take your time? Were you in the first group/show of the day? How long was your wait? Curious since I am working on our plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter