Oh nooo!! Love Bugs are back.

Weedy

DIS Veteran
Love Bugs are in full force at Port Canaveral.
FYI:for those that don’t know twice a year in May and September for about two weeks these lovely bugs fly around and are a huge nuisance.
They don’t bite!!
C6226F8A-FDB3-4884-9FD3-1F389AE733EC.jpeg C1A2C865-FD76-4586-9957-0E266C57FDD5.jpeg

and a very heavy season in Cocoa / Canaveral area. Last few years they have been minimal but this year YIKES!

if not familiar these are 'harmless' but if left on auto paint long CAN damage the finish . . . long is just a couple of days . ..

be aware if heading to the port in the next week or so . .

p.s. as soon as the ship is away from land you leave these behind except for the ones hitching a ride and a stiff breeze gets rid of those

and a very heavy season in Cocoa / Canaveral area. Last few years they have been minimal but this year YIKES!

if not familiar these are 'harmless' but if left on auto paint long CAN damage the finish . . . long is just a couple of days . ..

p.s. as soon as the ship is away from land you leave these behind except for the ones hitching a ride and a stiff breeze gets rid of those
Agree worst I’ve seen in a long time

There was a segment on the noon news today about the Harmony and it was almost comical. The reporter was standing on the upper deck and it appeared a swarm of love bugs were around him. It was noticeable so you think they might have selected a better spot to do their live shot.

OMG, they are so bad!
We drove to Disney World this weekend, at one point they were hitting the car like crazy, it sounded like a rainstorm.
They were all over the parks, tons and tons of them.
My 9 yr old granddaughter was freaking out all weekend about them.

We stopped at a carwash as soon as we got home yesterday, thankfully, they are gone with no issues to the paint.

Are they only around large bodies of water or are in all parts of Florida? Wondering if WDW has them also, we have friends going to WDW at the end of the week. Wondering if I should warn them or not.

OMG, they are so bad!
We drove to Disney World this weekend, at one point they were hitting the car like crazy, it sounded like a rainstorm.
They were all over the parks, tons and tons of them.
My 9 yr old granddaughter was freaking out all weekend about them.

We stopped at a carwash as soon as we got home yesterday, thankfully, they are gone with no issues to the paint.

Yikes, we were posting at the same time, guess I should tell my friend, maybe not though since there's nothing you can do about it. My friend will freak out though! YIKES!!!!

Are they only around large bodies of water or are in all parts of Florida? Wondering if WDW has them also, we have friends going to WDW at the end of the week. Wondering if I should warn them or not.

Usually WDW/Universal also has them. Warn them.

Was at Epcot yesterday and they were everywhere.

Any chance you know about when in Sept they show up? I have other friends who are going to WDW end of Sept.

You can't really do anything if you're parked at the port for your cruise.

Yikes, we leave tomorrow for Universal before boarding the Fantasy on Saturday. Ran into them back in May of 2011and there were a lot, but this year looks even worse! Taking my special needs sister who will be a bit peeved with them ruining her plans to sit and eat outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter