Oh pixie dust happiness!

ExcitedSam

Mouseketeer
Splash Mountain is now open!! No longer on the refurb list on the schedule! I'm so happy!! It makes the others being down more bearable, YAY!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who regularly checks the disneyland refurb list on the calendar. I'm taking a friend for her first time to Disneyland on Dapper Day and was so disapponted to see that Small World and Splash were going to be down in addition to Big Thunder. It does soothe the blow just a bit to know we'll be able to find our "laughin place" on this trip! :rotfl:

The most recent pictures on Micechat (probably taken within the last day or two) still shows Splash Mountain covered in scaffolding and the water drained from the flume. I'm wondering if Disney's revolving door of refurbs has even THEM confused over what to put on or take off the calendar.

Unless they worked a miracle overnight, this is not going to be true. Scaffolding still up and water drained at 5PM last night when we went by on the riverboat.

Just coming from the monorail and a train ride earlier in the day, it was a bit sad to hear all the pre-recorded messages pointing out rides that are currently closed in DL. Still a lot to do so we're still having a blast,

I am sorry for guests who are having to deal with all of these ride closures, but if there ever were a ride in need of refurbishment, Splash Mountain would be it!

Sounds entirely possible to me. Scaffolding is very easy and quick to disassemble. Then just pump the water back in. I hope it's true, can't wait to hear some reports from today.

Sounds entirely possible to me. Scaffolding is very easy and quick to disassemble. Then just pump the water back in. I hope it's true, can't wait to hear some reports from today.

900,000 gallons of water? I have a feeling they didn't manage to remove the scaffolding and fill it last night.

definitely NOT open

latest from @DisneylandToday "Tentatively scheduled to reopen 2/28."

[and please, don't bump up the redundant thread]
-----------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: date confirmed on calendar:

2qwkms6.jpg

So it actually looks like splash is BACK on the refurb list again...yet it is no longer listed as down on the 28th. Perhaps they will have it opening a day early? :confused3

I got my hopes up and now depressed again. We leave on the 27th. Boo hoo..

It's ok, maybe there will be a soft opening!! Make sure to stop by on your last day and check from time to time! It has been known to happen, especially with light refurbs like this one!! :thumbsup2

I was at DL this morning, it was not running then….. But the scaffolding was down. People were commenting on it, I did not look that closely because it was not open.

I was at DL this morning, it was not running then….. But the scaffolding was down. People were commenting on it, I did not look that closely because it was not open.

oooh! Thanks for the update! That's a great sign!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter