Oh the Tragedy! No Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake this time! Updates x 5 9/30

I just read the whole thread and am enjoying it. Good job. We have YS in December, and have always enjoyed it, but we haven't been to WDW since 2008. I hope we don't have the experience you did.

Just started reading DRs again, getting excited for our September trip, and I'm up to your LTT review. Oh my gosh, I'm so disappointed that I'm gluten intolerant! That ooey gooey toffee cake looks so darn good! Love your dining reports!

So yummy & so much fun with friends and family! My goal is to hit boma at some point during our stay in akl. You prove it's so yummy time & time again. Who can deny mickey waffles?!

Hey guys! Em and I are back from our latest trip. I'm catching up on life and work and will be back to posting several updates within the next few days. :) Just wanted to pop in and say hang in there... more to follow very soon.

Awesome Reviews!

I LOVE Boma! It is a must for me every trip! That's great you got to spend time with your son in Florida.

Whole meal FREE??? wow, crazy but nice!

Have a great trip with Em, safe travels!

Boma is a must do for us for breakfast and even better that we were able to share another meal with our son and his GF.

Yeah, crazy since it should not have been comped.

Thanks! Safe and back and trying to get caught up! :)

This is a seriously big update. :)

The problem with Boma is logistics. I would love to eat breakfast here some morning but getting there takes a lot of time.

Have a great time with Em. I hope you give us a full report on your trip. You always seem to have so much fun together. :)

Hi Sue! Yeah, we have had to take a taxi to breakfast before when we don't stay at AK. This last trip I booked our Boma breakfast for the AK EMH morning so that we could get a bus to AKL from the park. It does take longer to go that route.

Having seeing your review and photos from Boma, I'm now regretting my decision to not join you guys there for breakfast. :sad1: I guess it's time to look at my dining schedule again for October to see where I might be able to fit this one in. :laughing:

I hope you and Em have a fantastic girls trip! I'll look forward to seeing live updates on Facebook this time. ;)

Thanks again for your wonderful breakfast suggestion Barb! Good luck with that dining plan Jenga! Pull one out, slip another in... it is almost a competitive sport.

Thanks! We had a fantastic time together. :goodvibes

Wonderful updates, Brenda.

I loved Paula's "surprise anniversary cake."

I'm glad that you enjoyed Boma again with your son and his girlfriend. Surprisly, Mark did not have me book that this trip.

LOVE Chefs de France. I enjoy that soup every visit and I always get the sandwich Michael had. Glad they replaced your meal with a fresh and hot one.

Flying Fish...wow! They compped your whole meal? Very nice! I've read good reviews and some not so good reviews lately. I've cancelled our ADR and think I will keep it cancelled until a few years down the road after Mark gets situated.

I hope you and Em have a great time.

What? No Boma this trip? Even some of the best restaurants you need to take a break sometimes.

The soup at Chefs is consistently good - I'm a fan as well. Soup and a toasted cheese sandwich, sounds like comfort food with a French twist.

Yeah...the issues didn't equal a free meal IMO. Going back to FF this last trip, it was very good and I'm glad that Em liked it as well.

Have a great trip Brenda. Who will be doing your next report, you or Emmy?

I love Boma breakfast. I'm willing to try to work it into October if you are Barb.

that tuna looks awesome. I wonder how it compares to my favorite tuna at Bluezoo? really proud of you for trying.

Hi Niki! Good question... I didn't see Em take too many photos of food so it may have to be just me incorporating that into some review later. Maybe we'll even do a combined review.... not sure. :)

If you can fit Boma into your schedule DO IT! Just saying! Especially if you are not staying at AK - it's a great reason to visit.

I can't say which has better tuna dishes but I will venture a guess that bluezoo may have better bread! :lmao:

So excited to see your Boma Breakfast - my favourite breakfast in the World ....not just the World. Hope to be there two weeks today :)

It is always so good to eat there. I have grown fonder of Boma over time.

Enjoy your trip and your visit to Boma!

What a fabulous anniversary dinner and such a gorgeous cake ... So nice your son and his girlfriend could join you if even for a day : ) We have California Grill reservations for our upcoming trip and looking forward to dining there again since it's been years.
Your Boma family breakfast looked great except the pap is not for me since it looks like plain grits, was it grit like? My husbands from South Carolina so I'm sure he would love it! We are staying 10 days at AKL CL and then 4 days GF RP in November so I'm sure will be trying breakfast at Boma one of the mornings since CL breakfast offerings get old quickly for me personally.
Love all the hi hi hi, hugs, kisses and wine from Le Chef manager ... The guys expressions on their faces were simply priceless lol yeah nobody can charm like those French Men! I'm a big fan of French food and we have a wonderful restaurant in Utah La Caille so I'm always comparing any French restaurant to my favorite. Plus my youngest daughters wedding and reception was there so it's a love relationship with La Caille for food and gorgeous grounds ( amazing )
Your meal looked delicious at flying fish let just hope they toss some salt or garlic in the bread mixture before baking next time for your Mother daughter trip. Getting the meal comp. was a bit over the top compensation, but I'd consider it pixie dust for all the positive dining review you do and certainly well deserved I my opinion : )
We arrive to Disneyland today ( such an easy to plan vacation ) as you are off for your fabulous WDW vacation ... looking forward to reading the review when you return. Have a safe magical trip!

I hope you enjoyed your DL trip! I heard the weather was hot and humid while I was in FL - so odd. It's rarely like that here.

I've only had grits once before and that was in WDW at The Wave so I'm not sure if pap is simply a form of grits or not. I just googled it and I still can't tell. :confused3 This last time I skipped the pap but not the grits. ;)

ha ha! Philippe did look a little scared. He told me that hugging is not a French thing. I said well kissing me while my hubby is standing there is not a Brenda thing! :lmao:

Boma is definitely one of my favorite breakfasts at WDW - looks like another good meal. I love all the vegetables they offer. :goodvibes

And I'm editing to add that I tried the strip steak at Flying Fish (as part of the duo)! At first, I never thought I'd enjoy something so charred, but the flavor was great. :thumbsup2

If Mr. DDW endorses Boma it has to be great! It is one of the unique buffets at WDW.

That steak at FF tastes so much better than it looks. I was very impressed. :thumbsup2

I'll have to catch up with the live dining thread soon so I can see anything else that you have shared.

Loving your report so much! We are 28 days away from our trip and your trip report is helping the days fly by. Thanks so much for sharing your fun with us! :wave2:

Certainly! I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Great update Brenda. Bummer that you had so many issues at Flying Fish. Thoroughly enjoyed my birthday dinner there a few years ago.

Honestly, the food at FF was great. The bread and some of the service were not that great but we were enjoying our dinner nonetheless. I'm glad you had a great experience especially since it was for your birthday.

I love Boma breakfast. That juice is so good. I loved the goat cheese eggs though.

We both love Boma! Just maybe not the goat cheese eggs so much. I asked for seconds on the juice but not those eggs! :rotfl:

Since I have been reading your reports, I just love looking at all the food pics. The only thing now is that when I read other TRs and they don't have food pics, I just want to say is WHY!?!?! LOL ... I feel spoiled. :lmao:

Hi there and thanks! I don't have any second thoughts to carrying my camera while dining any longer. I used to sneak in photos while no one was looking. Now I pose my food! :laughing:

All caught up! Hope you girls are enjoying your current trip :)

Hi Lori! Thanks!

I love the photos on FB of your little guy. I hope all is well.

What an awesome day of food. Boma looks great. I had no idea the food was so close to tusker, which is the one and only buffet we actually like. Definitely making it to the must dry list.

Your pizza or I mean very French flatbread at chefs looks great. Though I gotta ask, what is kir? Shocked a wino like me didn't know off hand.

I'd read barbs flying dish review and still can't believe you all got that comped. What amazing customer service. And the prosciutto and melon plate looks too good to be true.

Bravo do you for trying sushi. I find it's really mind over matter and I've come to prefer raw to cooked tuna. Hope you have a great meal this week. Flying fish is one of our staples so hopefully it makes up for last trip. If the mood strikes you their bolognese is the best I've ever had. And I'm italian and cook my own, so that's saying a lot of a fish restaurant.

Boma has many of the same dishes as Tusker House. TH includes a lot more Disney type buffet dishes as well that are more generic and less ethnic.

Kir is apparently blackcurrent liqueur and white wine. It was a light cocktail. Here's a wiki link. I prefer a full body wine but this was refreshing.

I have to say that I'm proud of myself as well for trying the sushi. It wasn't awful. What a compliment to FF's Bolognese! We returned this last trip and enjoyed our dinner once again. (The bread had vastly improved.)

Loved Part 2 of your Cali Grill report Brenda, it looks like it was a truly lovely evening. I read Paula's DR and saw the photos of that lovely cake. What a wonderful surprise for her, WTG Hunter!

You're correct in remembering that my sister and I had a less than memorable post-refurb experience at CG. Unfortunately we weren't in the minority at the time as I read a number of reviews afterward about people having similar experiences to ours. However it looks like they're ironing out the kinks and I'd love to return some time and try either the pork or scallop dish. They both look heavenly.

Boma always looks like a good solid choice for breakfast. We've only eaten dinner here but breakfast is on my bucket list. :)

LOL at the look on the guys faces at Le Chefs! Michael is seriously giving Phillipe the stink-eye. :rotfl2:

LOVE the bacon and onion flatbread, you just can't go wrong with that choice! As long as it's hot and fresh at least. :thumbsup2 I had the croque monsieur on our last trip and wasn't that impressed. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't especially good either. I actually found it to be rather bland. I wish I'd thought to ask for Dijon, Michael definitely had the right idea there.

LOL, I don't think Phillipe looks like he's saying "help me". It looks to me like he's trying to judge how long he can hug you before Michael decides to send him back to France ... the hard way. :lmao:

So sorry you twisted your ankle at FF, ouch! :(

I loved the crab cake appetizer too but oh my goodness that prosciutto and melon looks superb!! I read about the problems you experienced on Barb's report but was happy to read that overall, you ended up having a positive experience. :thumbsup2

Great updates Brenda, I hope you and Em are having a wonderful trip!

Hi Carol! CA Grill definitely had some kinks to work out early on when they re-opened. Although I miss their sourdough bread, the improvements were great.

I don't think Barb enjoyed her cheese sandwich at Chefs in December so maybe it really does need some changes to make it better - like Dijon. Ha ha, Michael didn't have to challenge Philippe to a duel so it was all good.

Despite the mixed reviews for FF, I enjoyed it enough to want to bring Em back this last trip. It was even better this last time.

Thanks for the well wishes! It was a great trip. :)

Brenda hope you and Em are having a great time at WDW

Thank You! :goodvibes

Yay!! So excited to see you started another trip report!! Loving it so far... Other than the lack of toffee cake!! Hope the wedding plans are coming well....
Thanks for reading along and enjoying!

Thanks....Wedding planning will replace Disney planning for a period of time. :)

Thanks for the update! Looks like we might be at the World at the same time! Have a fantastic vacation!

Oh man! We returned on 8/6 - were you there then?

Been following. Love the food reports and pics. And my compliments to you. You have the will power to resist the siren call of Tonga Toast at Kona.

Thank you. I've tried Tonga Toast but it's just not for me. I get sucked in by the macadamia pineapple pancakes. That's my frequency for the siren call! :rotfl2:

Who knew a restaurant called "Flying Fish" would make such a beautiful looking steak? Thanks for sharing Brenda!

Exactly! Good observation Rachel! :thumbsup2

Boma has quickly become a favorite breakfast spot! I can't believe it's not more crowded in there, but like you said, maybe people don't want to go out of their way. Especially for a non-character meal.

I keep saying I am going to do Flying Fish and then somehow always talk myself out of it. I am going to do it this time! For real! :lmao: Your review convinced me I need to get there. I'm going to bump Narcoossee for FF. Done. Before I change my mind again.

Heck, I don't mind if Boma isn't crowded! It has become more of a favorite of ours as well.

Ha ha! Enjoy FF! I prefer it to Narcoosees.

Jiko sounded nice.
Tusker House is my favorite character meal. Love that place and that juice.
MMM, Tusker House is so good. Love that burger there.
Too bad about the meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse. That piece of meat you got looked terrible.
MMM, Kona. Love that place for breakfast or dinner.
LTT is very good place to eat. I love that ooey gooey cake too bad you did not get it.
We cannot do ‘Ohana anymore. Too many bad experiences.
Love Mara. Home to our hopefully soon new “home”. Okay probably not till next year but I cannot wait.
Love that pulled pork sandwich from Flame Tree.
CG looked so good. We have not been there since the redo.
Love Chefs de France. My 2nd favorite in all of WDW. He did look like “help me”. LOL.
We ate at FF once and it was very good.

Hi Scott! So good to see you getting caught up.

I had to repeat TH since it was so good last year. I love the safari themed characters as well as the food. I'm not ashamed to say that I loved the Krispy Kreme's.

You're not the first person that won't try 'Ohana. That's why one of our dining companions bailed. It's not a must do since we skipped it this trip.

Ahhh DVC at AKL? Wait, you already are right? I need to get caught up with your reports it sounds like.

I just read the whole thread and am enjoying it. Good job. We have YS in December, and have always enjoyed it, but we haven't been to WDW since 2008. I hope we don't have the experience you did.

Hi abby! YSH has been a great restaurant in the past. Just don't be afraid to speak up if they deliver a piece of shoe leather to your table or any other issues. If nothing else, those onion rolls are perfection!

Just started reading DRs again, getting excited for our September trip, and I'm up to your LTT review. Oh my gosh, I'm so disappointed that I'm gluten intolerant! That ooey gooey toffee cake looks so darn good! Love your dining reports!

Hi Teresa! Thanks for reading along! That LTT missed dessert was a bump in the glorious dessert road but I've recovered. Bummer about the gluten thing. As good as Disney is with working with special dining needs some things just can't be re-created GF. :sad2:

So yummy & so much fun with friends and family! My goal is to hit boma at some point during our stay in akl. You prove it's so yummy time & time again. Who can deny mickey waffles?!

Hi Jennifer! If you are staying AKL you have no excuse my friend to not swing by Boma! I hope you love it! Mickey waffles are simply a must do for me. What can I say? :goodvibes

Hi Carol! CA Grill definitely had some kinks to work out early on when they re-opened. Although I miss their sourdough bread, the improvements were great.

I don't think Barb enjoyed her cheese sandwich at Chefs in December so maybe it really does need some changes to make it better - like Dijon. Ha ha, Michael didn't have to challenge Philippe to a duel so it was all good.

Despite the mixed reviews for FF, I enjoyed it enough to want to bring Em back this last trip. It was even better this last time.

Thanks for the well wishes! It was a great trip. :)

Thank You! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along and enjoying!

Thanks....Wedding planning will replace Disney planning for a period of time. :)

Oh man! We returned on 8/6 - were you there then?

Thank you. I've tried Tonga Toast but it's just not for me. I get sucked in by the macadamia pineapple pancakes. That's my frequency for the siren call! :rotfl2:

Exactly! Good observation Rachel! :thumbsup2

Heck, I don't mind if Boma isn't crowded! It has become more of a favorite of ours as well.

Ha ha! Enjoy FF! I prefer it to Narcoosees.

Hi Scott! So good to see you getting caught up.

I had to repeat TH since it was so good last year. I love the safari themed characters as well as the food. I'm not ashamed to say that I loved the Krispy Kreme's.

You're not the first person that won't try 'Ohana. That's why one of our dining companions bailed. It's not a must do since we skipped it this trip.

Ahhh DVC at AKL? Wait, you already are right? I need to get caught up with your reports it sounds like.

Hi abby! YSH has been a great restaurant in the past. Just don't be afraid to speak up if they deliver a piece of shoe leather to your table or any other issues. If nothing else, those onion rolls are perfection!

Hi Teresa! Thanks for reading along! That LTT missed dessert was a bump in the glorious dessert road but I've recovered. Bummer about the gluten thing. As good as Disney is with working with special dining needs some things just can't be re-created GF. :sad2:

Hi Jennifer! If you are staying AKL you have no excuse my friend to not swing by Boma! I hope you love it! Mickey waffles are simply a must do for me. What can I say? :goodvibes

Yes.. We got there on the 4th and leave tomorrow.

Captain's Grille Breakfast - Saturday May 3, 2014

DSCN1716.jpg

We were meeting up with Barb and Patty (Emmebear) and Emme this morning for breakfast at Captain’s Grille. I was glad that plans worked out so we could get together and have at least one meal together while Patty and Emme were visiting WDW for a long weekend.

Captain’s Grille is one of those places that seems to be under the radar since it’s never difficult to get an ADR and they easily accommodate walk-up requests. This was my 7th visit to Captain’s Grille for breakfast so this has become a place that seems to stay on our dining rotation. With a full breakfast buffet or an a la carte menu there’s certainly something for everyone.

We all met up in the lobby, checked in and were seated right away. Michael and I reviewed the menu but decided that we’d go for the buffet. I didn’t have to choose between waffles OR French toast this way. Plus I knew Michael was craving bagels and lox for breakfast so this sounded like a great choice.

Here’s the menu options:
DSCN1717.jpg

DSCN1720.jpg

And here’s a sampling of the buffet options… a visual is so much better!

DSCN1730.jpg

DSCN1731.jpg

DSCN1732.jpg

DSCN1734.jpg

DSCN1735.jpg

DSCN1737.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

DSCN1747.jpg

Be warned, these may look good…
DSCN1748.jpg

DSCN1749.jpg

They must have a bunch of griddle egg rings in the kitchen since they sure have a lot of round egg dishes
DSCN1750.jpg

DSCN1757.jpg

Bad lighting but these waffles do indeed have ears! Mickey waffles
DSCN1760.jpg

DSCN1761.jpg

DSCN1762.jpg

What caught my eye and ended up on my plate was a combination of some interesting new items and some old favorites.

Fresh fruit: watermelon, pineapple, grapes​
DSCN1766.jpg

A bowl of fruit – mostly watermelon seemed like a tasty way to get some vitamins. The fruit was fresh and delicious. Although I leaned more heavily towards the watermelon than the grapes or pineapple, it was all good.
Plate Number 1: Oatmeal, grilled tomato, egg white and spinach frittata, and ham and cheese omelet

DSCN1764.jpg

A bowl of oatmeal is one of my favorite things to eat whether on vacation or not. You can’t mess that up too bad so it was fine. I prefer mine plain with a packet of Splenda.

I thought the grilled tomatoes with some type of cheesy topping looked great but it disintegrated when I cut into it and the flavor was about what you would expect from a rotted fermented tomato – blech!

Johnny Depp’s reaction sums this up nicely!
2002.gif

Moving onto the egg options, I had selected the egg white with spinach and tomato frittata and a ham and cheese omelet which I thought was brilliantly prepared as individual round servings. Someone had come up with a great concept for these egg dishes. I was excited to try something tasty after having my one and only bite of the tomato dish. However, the first bite I had of the frittata made me wonder if they had prepared it for someone who was allergic to flavor. There was nooooo taste to this thing. A little salt or green onion or anything would have helped this dish. So far, plate number one has had a grand total of two bites consumed.

I was a little nervous about the ham/cheese omelet round. I have to say that it could be that I significantly lowered my standards for the food or I was just hungry enough to keep going, that the ham/cheese omelet wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t stellar but it wasn’t bad – in comparison that is.

Plate Number 2: Mickey Waffles and French Toast with Banana Foster Sauce​
DSCN1765.jpg

And finally, the best part of breakfast – Mickey waffles!!!! These were little golden Mickey heads of goodness. I like that there are mini pitchers available for the syrup – makes it easy to pour. As for the banana foster French toast…. I’m not a fan. It was just ok. The French toast was a little on the soggy side and had no flavor apart from the sauce. However, I ate the entire thing so it couldn’t have been horrid.

I know that Michael had a bagel and lox and some fruit. I didn’t bother taking photos of his food since he kept cycling through the buffet so quickly I couldn’t keep up. I probably would have driven him crazy if I had him pause before eating for me to take yet more photos with each plate.

Overall, I wasn’t that impressed. This is a departure from my normal rave reviews. It could definitely have been my food choices but it wasn’t a great meal by any means. Using TiW we saved $7.60.

Emme was adorable and chatty and let me play with her princess pets with her. Even the Disney princesses have pets now days in the land of Mattel toys. What’s next for these gals?

Patty and Emme:​
DSCN1770.jpg

Emme let me pose with her too!
DSCN1769.jpg

It was good to spend time with Barb, Patty, and Emme. Since we were all headed to DHS we left together. To commemorate this small gathering of DISers, we posed for a few photos.

DSCN1772.jpg

Next up: 50’s Prime Time Café… with a Special DISer Guest Appearance ….and someone is going to get into trouble!

50's Prime Time Café Lunch - Saturday May 3, 2014

DSCN1887.jpg

We had a reservation at 50’s PT Café at 12:45pm where were dining with …..Barb, Beth, Hunter, and Paula. In addition to….Our Special guest DISer!!!

DSCN1945.jpg

Yes folks, that’s Marissa (MarDgreen88) who we were all excited to finally meet.

We had fun in the faux 50’s kitchen while we were waiting.

DSCN1894.jpg

Michael seems to think I have no idea what this is!
DSCN1896.jpg

Just for the record, the guys didn’t make a single revolution of the hula hoops. I don’t think they even tried.
DSCN1900.jpg

While we were still waiting, some of the Streetmosphere performers brought their show indoors due to the rain. They were playing with each other and giving Sparky a hard time. Notice the not so hidden Mickey on his chin.

DSCN1907.jpg

DSCN1906.jpg

50’s PT Café is the type of place that you eat if you feel comfortable being messed with by the servers who dish out their own version of sarcasm and shenanigans. We had Cindy as our server and she was a mix of boisterous and sassy with a lot of bossy in her. I think we made her day! She was just as entertained by the hour she spent with us as she was by anyone all week!! Her words not mine! She started by making Michael set the table. He asked how he could do that since there was only one plate. Did we all need to share? I believe her response was, “do as you’re told!”

Hunter didn’t pass up an opportunity to give Cindy are hard time too. Doesn’t it look like she’s going to smack him?
DSCN1933.jpg

While Hunter was getting attention from Cindy and the Chef, I got a quick photo of Michael and Barb and a glimpse of Beth!

DSCN1927.jpg

DSCN1921.jpg

Between Hunter and Michael’s antics throughout the meal it was a wonder that neither was asked to stand in the corner. Michael did get admonished about a half dozen times to take his hat off at the table. He responded each time that he wanted Cindy to put “the game” on TV. He wasn’t satisfied that there were classic TV clips being played. It reminded him too much of our house where you’ll find TV Land programming frequently.

So about the food…. Here’s the menu…. A heck of a lot of great choices….
DSCN1913.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1915.jpg

Michael started with the iceberg wedge salad as an appetizer with a strawberry shake to drink. For his entrée he ordered Aunt Liz’s fried chicken.
I ordered the kid’s pot roast – same as last visit in December.

Strawberry Milkshake: $5.49
DSCN1940.jpg

Milk-shaky goodness in a parfait glass!

Cousin Amy’s Iceberg Lettuce Wedge: Bleu Cheese Dressing, Bacon, and Chive $5.99
DSCN1937.jpg

Mmmmm!! That’s what I think of this salad. I’ve had it several times in the past and really enjoyed it. In the past they served a huge wedge of iceberg lettuce; however, now they serve it “butterflied” with smaller wedge slices with the dressing and bacon in the middle. Since I stole some of Michael’s salad I can confirm that it was just as tasty as always.

Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken: Served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy and Collard Greens $18.99

DSCN1954.jpg

Apparently Michael really liked the fried chicken although he’s not a fan of collard greens. He didn’t know he could make any substitutions.

Kid’s Pot Roast: Served with Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes and Beef Gravy $6.84

DSCN1949.jpg

I love the kid’s pot roast – the perfect portion and quite tasty. This version does not have any chunks of veggies so I considered ordering a side of green beans but instead, as noted above, I stole a wedge of salad from Michael.

Once we finished eating a flaming birthday cupcake was delivered to Hunter in honor of his birthday! Michael and I passed on dessert. I had something in mind for a little later. Hmmm whatever could it be that I always get in DHS…..

DSCN1963.jpg

Our gift to Cindy!
DSCN1961.jpg

The $210.88 bill arrived – for all 7 of us. No one slapped their credit card down to pay for everyone so we decided to split it!! Of course, we had to make life difficult for Cindy by asking her to split the bill. And…. We were all using TiW so we each pulled out our cards. Cindy told us we had to split the bill ourselves and let her know who was charged together. Hunter did the honors and did quite well.

DSCN1972.jpg

DSCN1968.jpg

DSCN1970.jpg

I’m sure Cindy still misses us!

Group Photo:
DSCN1964.jpg

Using our TiW we saved $11.26.

Next Up: Shula's Steakhouse

Reading about breakfast at 5:20am is OK. Reading about pot roast - not so much! :rotfl2:

Welcome back! Judging from FB it looks like you had a wonderful time.

You got to meet Marissa! :cool1: How wonderful! I miss her on the DIS since she isn't around quite as much!

I think I def have to try breakfast at the Captain's Grille. I was considering it as my pre cruise breakfast in October! That french toast looks so YUM!

Your breakfast update definitely has me missing Captain's Grille! My last breakfast there was probably a year ago, and I'd like to try some of their à la carte specialties (such as the lobster omelet and lemon-ricotta hotcakes). :thumbsup2 Sorry to hear this wasn't your best meal there.

Hello, that breakfast looks SO yummy! Emme makes such a cute Snow White!

Be still my heart, 50's prime time. Looks like you guys had a great time together! Great job on splitting up the check there too. Hahaha.

What a great way to start the day with adorable little Emme for breakfast : ) although too bad the food was not fabulous. Prime time looked like it was a hoot from your pictures and descriptions. Those guys are sure trouble makers but in a fun way lol love you all handing her your cc's or tiw cards funny : ) great company and a yummy meal so good all around.

Love the updates! Sorry your breakfast at Captain's Grille wasn't the best. I agree the tomato and egg selections look yummy, too bad they didn't live up to their promise. Emme makes an adorable Snow White!

50's Prime Time can be so much fun if you get a server who's really into their role. Your selections look wonderful! I've only ever had the fried chicken at 50's but now I'm very tempted by the pot roast. I love the pot roast at Liberty Tree Tavern and this one looks comparable. :thumbsup2

Hmm ... what could you possibly have in mind for your sweet treat at DHS? :idea: I predict a Carrot Cake Cookie is in your future ... :cloud9:

I've always wondered about Captain's Grille for breakfast, since we always stay at BWV and it's so close. The bananas foster french toast looks good. I had some delicious french toast from the 1900 Park Fare breakfast buffet a couple of weeks ago, and I put the bananas foster sauce on it and loved it. I wonder if it's the exact same thing served there.

I love the iceberg wedge at 50s PT. One time I had it there for dinner along with the crab cake and it was fantastic. A couple of weeks ago, I shared the fried chicken with DS9 for lunch. I had asked here in the DIS about special requests and substitutions so that was how I found out they accommodate them. We got all drumsticks, and we subbed the mashed potatoes for fries. DS9 ate the fries, I ate the collard greens (I love them), and we each had 2 drumsticks. We were stuffed. :)

just wondering.. why wouldn't you let the server know ahead of time you were going to have separate checks? it is SO much easier for the server, believe me!

just wondering.. why wouldn't you let the server know ahead of time you were going to have separate checks? it is SO much easier for the server, believe me!

We started out by telling all the servers we would be separate checks and were told each time just let us know at the end. This was true for every location except when we went to Shula's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter