Oh the Tragedy! No Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake this time! Updates x 5 9/30

Shula's looks so good!!!!!! I can't wait to try it in September for our Anniversary Dinner.

Denny really wants to try Shula's and I made our anniversary reservation at California Grille. I told him I changed it, but I haven't. Maybe I need to do that soon? :rolleyes1

Your meal looks fabulous. I love asparagus and spinach. super yum!

Thanks for the great review!

What a great Shula's review Brenda
Not sure it would be the right choice for me as a non meat eater but it really does look like a great meal :-)

First, go bears!! I will forgive Michael though, since he is a fellow cubbie.

Hello yum! Excuse my drooling but those are all my favorite things!

Can't wait to hear about via Napoli!

I would love to try Shula's, but just looking at the prices scares the heck out of my wallet..

Shulas just sounds plain amazing. How sweet of your server to give you guys a complimentary dessert :). Michaels lamb looks and sounds so delicious. If only they took the dining plan we would eat there. I guess we'll have to settle for yachtsmen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I always say I'm gonna try the carrot cake cookie but I still haven't. The one time it was convenient for me together over there and stop inside was right after our Fantasmic! Dinner at HBD, so I was way too full from a 3-course dinner to eat anything else. I did end up getting a Hanukkah gift for DS9, the Disney kids' cookbook that he begged me for! He will be so happy in December! Next time I'm definitely gonna make it a point to have a carrot cake cookie though.

I do want to give Captain's Grille a try. We had dinner there in 2010 and while it wasn't bad, it was nothing to write home about so we haven't been back. Their dinner menu does seem better now than it did back then, so I'd like to give it another try for dinner. Breakfast sounds great too, but most mornings we have breakfast in the villa with just a few restaurants thrown in. Kona breakfast is a must on every trip. And we always do a couple of character breakfasts. This time we also tried Kouzzina since it's going away and we had to have breakfast there once, and we really liked it. I'm also curious to see what the new Boardwalk restaurant will offer on their breakfast menu.

Shula's really looks fantastic. We have a Shula's here in NYC and I always wonder about trying it. Maybe that's where we should go for our anniversary in November. Hmm...

Hi Bonnie! Once you try the carrot cake cookie it may become an obsession.

I'm with you about Kona breakfast! A must do! I can skip Captain's Grille at this point. It was just ok last visit - in May. I'm interested to see how Kouzzina's replacement works out too. We made it a point to book breakfast there in May and July.

I'm a big Shula's fan! For us, I like the fact that it's in WDW since it seems special that way - and I won't get sick of it. If you go for your anniversary I hope you enjoy the experience.

Sounds like an absolutely delightful dinner at Shula's. We've not done the one at Disney since we have one 20 minutes from our house and we tend to not want to go somewhere at Disney that we can eat at home. We ate at the one by our house for Mark's 60th and it was spectacular.

I'm glad Michael enjoyed it.

I do have to say that Chocolate Lava cake has me drooling on my keyboard right now.

What a great place to celebrate Mark's 60th! I was glad that Michael went and enjoyed it as well. He seriously loved that lamb.

:p I will say that the smell of the lava cake is great, it's just way too chocolaty! It's like coffee for me, I love the smell I just don't eat it.

Wow your meal looks awesome. Your hubby's dish really intrigued me, I've never heard lamb described as a porterhouse. Were they just large chops? Sounds like shulas is having no trouble eclipsing yachtsman these days.

What's up with not splitting checks though? Maybe it's a non disney thing but we are always asked when dining out with friends.

Can't wait to hear about via Napoli, as it is one of our all time favs.

Hi Kari! A lamb porterhouse was a new term for us as well. They were two bone-in lamb "filets" Not sure if there truly is such a thing. Maybe they just made it up! Ha ha! Uhhhh yeah, definitely Shula's surpasses YSH. That's not even a contest at this point.

The check thing was our fault since we didn't tell John ahead of time. He really couldn't remember who ordered what and all the sides and drinks.

VN coming up next!

Love all the sides you all ordered and shared and especially the asparagus, yum! Shula really has some great steaks and chops of course but love their sides. What a lovely evening with friends.

Oh man! The asparagus was great but I loved the twice baked potato dish. After another visit to Shula's in July I can say that they consistently still do an amazing job. And better yet for this visit it was our last dinner as a big group so it was special.

OMG I am SOOO hungry now ;) your meal looks fantastic!

:lmao: Funny how influential dining reviews are for our appetites. ;) The meal was fabulous.

I think having a group to share the side dishes is the way to go! Those portions look huge! And I'm with you when it comes to asparagus. I love it steamed with just salt and butter - plenty of butter.

More people = more sides. Worked for us! Oh yeah, asparagus with butter is so perfect. We'd definitely be compatible with sharing a meal at Shula's. :)

Shula's looks so good!!!!!! I can't wait to try it in September for our Anniversary Dinner.

I hope you enjoy your Shula's meal this month! :thumbsup2

Denny really wants to try Shula's and I made our anniversary reservation at California Grille. I told him I changed it, but I haven't. Maybe I need to do that soon?

Your meal looks fabulous. I love asparagus and spinach. super yum!

Thanks for the great review!

That's a tough one. The last time I recommended Jiko for Denny's bday I don't think that turned out so well. ;) Either way, it sounds like you will have a great dinner.

What a great Shula's review Brenda
Not sure it would be the right choice for me as a non meat eater but it really does look like a great meal!

So true Linda! Shula's is definitely meat centric... I only saw one fish dish (daily market fish) so the sides are probably the most appealing part.

First, go bears!! I will forgive Michael though, since he is a fellow cubbie.

Hello yum! Excuse my drooling but those are all my favorite things!

Can't wait to hear about via Napoli!

ha ha! Da Bears!

Oh yes. All my favorites as well. Especially the filet.

I would love to try Shula's, but just looking at the prices scares the heck out of my wallet..

Hi Angela! I hear ya, my wallet is still recovering. :)

fab update

Thanks summersun! :)

Shulas just sounds plain amazing. How sweet of your server to give you guys a complimentary dessert :). Michaels lamb looks and sounds so delicious. If only they took the dining plan we would eat there. I guess we'll have to settle for yachtsmen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi there Lori! How's the little guy?

Yeah, no dining plan for Shula's so that eliminates the option for many that purchase packages. We've never paid for dessert since our first visit. I can only guess that John appreciates the fact that we keep coming back and bringing people with us. :confused: It is definitely very sweet of him.

You influenced my first YSH visit - which was fabulous. I was just on the look out for a meanie blonde server.

Drool! :laughing:

Everything at Shula's looks so good! Now that we're eating red meat again, I'd love to try it sometime. :goodvibes

It is consistently awesome! And not inside a resort. :)

Via Napoli Lunch - Sunday May 4, 2014

DSCN2670.jpg

Lunch today was with Paula, Hunter and Beth at Via Napoli. The last time I had dined there in December it was a rather pathetic lunch since I only ordered the pasta fagioli soup which was a big disappointment. I was looking
forward to having a pie this time! Good thing for me a couple other folks had the same idea.

When Michael and I arrived, the rest of our dining party had already been seated. Coincidently, Andrea, who was our server in December, was once again serving us this visit.

Drink orders were taken and delivered…. Someone was very thirsty! That pitcher of sangria may not be a single serving but it looks like Hunter had a different idea.

DSCN2687.jpg

Our Beverage choice:
DSCN2696.jpg

Menu:

Appetizers
DSCN2679.jpg

DSCN2680.jpg

Pizzas
DSCN2684.jpg

Pasta and Salads:
DSCN2677.jpg

Non-Alcohol Beverages:
DSCN2683.jpg

Alcohol Beverages:
a5bf9b21-ff01-4af0-b056-e1d5ea93a812.jpg

Special menu item during Flower and Garden festival:
DSCN2697.jpg

Michael and I decided that the margherita pizza sounded perfect to share. Beth wanted to split a pizza as well so the three of us ordered a large margherita pizza. Serving size note: BEWARE! The medium is really large. The “large” mezzo metro is a table size pizza and will feed the entire south end of the dining room. You will thank me one day for that bit of advice.
Beth and I decided that we also wanted to add onion. Sorry Michael, you can pick it off. We also ordered a couple appetizers to share; the caprese salad and the shrimp and cannelloni bean app.

While we were awaiting our food an unfortunate accident unfolded at the table behind me. A server had delivered a fresh pizza and someone else walked by and bumped the overhanging pan and it toppled to the floor! Only one person had grabbed a slice before the entire thing was face-down on the floor. No five-second rule was invoked for that mess. They quickly replaced the pizza but how frustrating would that be to have the pizza on your table… and then on the ground?

DSCN2698.jpg

We took the opportunity to have a photo-op while we were awaiting our food.
Smiles and drinks…

DSCN2701.jpg

So what about the food?

Starting with the appetizers…
Mozzarella Caprese: Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese and Fresh Basil $9​

DSCN2704.jpg

For two slices of tomatoes, 2 slices of mozzarella and a basil leaf this was okay if not way overpriced. We asked for balsamic vinegar to drizzle over the top to give it a bit more flavor. It probably drives the chef crazy to have people modify their creations but it needed some help.

Gamberetti e Fagioli: Jumbo Shrimp, Cannellini Bean Salad, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Lemon Juice $9
DSCN2706.jpg

The shrimp and bean appetizer was a new choice for us. I was glad that Michael decided to order this and expand our Via Napoli cuisine horizons. What I liked about this appetizer is that it was light and the lemon juice had just the right zing without being overpowering. Seeing as how this only had 3 shrimp in the entire dish it should be called white beans and a couple shrimp. There’s a lot of profit margin for Disney in this dish.

Combined Appetizers:
DSCN2711.jpg

Margherita Pizza – Large $28 (Onion an additional $3.50)
DSCN2714.jpg

I hadn’t had pizza at Via Napoli since August 2012 so I was expecting great things…… and their pie didn’t disappoint. This was pizza oven perfection. I love the thin crust that has the random charred bubbles puffed up in places. It could have used an extra basil leaf or two but other than that I had no complaints.

Not forgetting that we were celebrating a special occasion, Hunter was presented a complimentary dessert of some sort. I believe it was a madeleine cookie with whip cream and a few candles shy of his real age.

DSCN2718.jpg

This was another great dining experience that we thoroughly enjoyed. This was our last meal with Beth. We said our good-byes the next day before our Teppan Edo lunch. I was glad that Beth arranged to make a visit to WDW while we were there so we could reunite following our December trip!

Using our TiW card we saved $13.60.

Here’s a few restaurant photos taken before we left:

DSCN2729.jpg

DSCN2725.jpg

DSCN2724.jpg

DSCN2692.jpg

Up Next: Kouzzina Breakast

Kouzzina Breakfast - Monday May 5, 2014

DSCN3799.jpg

This morning we had breakfast plans with DISer Marissa (MarDgreen88) at Kouzzina! Since this was our last morning to be staying at BWV and Marissa was staying across the lake at BC it was an easy location for both of us. We knew Kouzzina was closing in September when we booked this ADR so I wanted to squeeze in one more breakfast.

I didn’t stop to think how odd it may be to another DISer that didn’t participate in the ritual of taking photos of food before consuming. I assume that this is a normal activity after so many Disney trips with this habit. Michael is even trained now to not take a bite until I’ve snapped a photo of his meal.

This was my 3rd time to eat breakfast at Kouzzina and Michael’s first. I had only marginally enjoyed this place the first time Em and I visited in 2012. However, after our December visit with Barb and Vicki, I became a fan once again since I loved my menu choice….. which anyone who knows me knows that once I find something I like I tend to stick with it. Thus the reason my hair style hasn’t changed in 30 years! Ok, not quite the same but you get it.
So what were the choices on the menu?

DSCN3778.jpg

DSCN3779.jpg

DSCN3780.jpg

DSCN3781.jpg

Michael chose a healthy-ish option of the spinach, tomato, and feta scrambled egg dish while I had a repeat of December with the waffles. Shocker I know – Brenda and waffles! Marissa had excellent taste and ordered the same thing.
Here’s some photos of the restaurant which is quite lovely. I love those chandeliers. If they sold them off when they refurb I’d love to have one.

DSCN3783.jpg

DSCN3784.jpg

DSCN3797.jpg

DSCN3798.jpg

So what about the food?

Michael was craving the sweet potato hash so substituted those for the breakfast potatoes – which he loved. Several weeks later as I was writing this, I asked him if he liked his Kouzzina breakfast and he said quote, “mmmmm”. So I think he picked a winner for his breakfast choice. He was equally impressed with the spinach, tomato and feta scrambled eggs and chicken sausage.

Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Scrambled Eggs with Breakfast Potatoes, and choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage $12.49 (Note this version is the substituted Sweet Potato Hash)

DSCN3786.jpg

These lovely waffles were just as good today as last visit. The huge blob of whipped cheese on top is a little much for my tastes; however, I rolled it to the side and problem solved. Although they serve this with a side of butter and syrup, it wasn’t necessary since between the honey and the cheese it was perfect. I substituted a scrambled egg for the breakfast meat with no issues.

Classic Golden Waffle: with Whipped Mascarpone Cheese, Honey and Chopped Pecans, and choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage $10.49
DSCN3789.jpg

Another view
DSCN3794.jpg

The scrambled eggs were served in an interesting shape dish that reminded me of an ear.

I really enjoyed this meal – the company, the food, and the beautiful restaurant. Using our TiW card we saved $7.29.

Marissa and I posed for a photo before we left.
DSCN3796.jpg

We said our goodbyes and parted ways. Michael and I were headed to DHS since we had some FP+ that had already started.

Up Next: Teppan Edo Lunch

Teppan Edo Lunch - Monday May 5, 2014

DSCN4077.jpg

Teppan Edo is one of those restaurants that doesn’t garner a lot of hype or fanfare; however, it is one of my favorite places to eat in Epcot. This ADR was originally scheduled on a Sunday but Paula made the wise suggestion to move this lunch to a weekday where we could take advantage of the AP discount since TiW is not accepted here. Coincidently, TiW is accepted at Tokyo Dining. Go figure.

I’m losing count of how many times I’ve dined at Teppan Edo but let’s guess 6 or 7. This was Michael’s 2nd time and I remember exactly what he ordered in August 2012 – which he didn’t order again since I reminded him that he was less than pleased with the swordfish last time. He should thank me for my stellar memory! Anyway, my point here is that we’ve been here before and we were glad to be back – with friends this time.

When checking in for the ADR they make sure everyone knows that this is “communal style” dining at a teppan table with a shared chef. Paula, Hunter, Michael and I were seated with another couple. They seated another couple at our table after we had been there a little while but for whatever reason the couple asked to be moved. I’m SURE it wasn’t us! We’ll just pretend that never happened. The couple (Michelle and Rob) seated with us ended up exchanging digits with Paula and Hunter since they’d both be in Vegas the following week. Funny how DISers make friends wherever they go!

I knew what I was going to order without consulting the menu but in the interest of this being a dining review, here’s the options:

DSCN4087.jpg

DSCN4088.jpg

DSCN4089.jpg

DSCN4090.jpg

Our hostess presented us with warm, wet cloths which presumably meant that we needed some freshening up. They didn’t provide instructions for how to use them so if anyone started to wash their feet that may just have been a misunderstanding.

DSCN4093.jpg

This meal was the one and only time that I wore my birthday button. Even though we’d planned a belated 50th birthday trip, I wasn’t really interested in wearing a button.

DSCN4099.jpg

For our orders, we started with some edamame to share, Michael chose the scallops, while I went with the chicken and shrimp. Let the (cooking) show begin!

Our sauces were ladled out in the little trays. I asked for double ginger sauce and ditched the yum-yum white sauce that they announce goes with everything. It goes with everything but my taste buds apparently.

DSCN4108.jpg

Our edamame arrived. I eat edamame the hard way, I crack those suckers open and manually extract the soybeans. I like all my soybeans to be out of the shell and in a nice neat unshelled pile before I eat them but I sucked it up and didn’t exhibit all my neuroses at lunch. We buy the 3 lb box of edamame at Costco for $5.99 so I was doing the math and figuring that this puny appetizer portion of edamame must cost about $15 per lb. It IS Disney so what do you expect right?

Edamame $4.95
DSCN4103.jpg

We watched the step by step creation of the oft photographed onion volcano.
DSCN4113.jpg

DSCN4116.jpg

DSCN4117.jpg

The onion volcano survived long enough to transform into a choo-choo train. I don’t get the connection but no one seems to challenge that stretch of the imagination so I’ll let it go.

DSCN4123.jpg

DSCN4131.jpg

DSCN4140.jpg

While the food was still sizzling on the teppan table, the beef sukiyaki beef rice was served. I love this stuff. I’m glad that they changed it from the steamed rice served in the past. I wish they had a fried rice option. I’m not so adept at using chop sticks for rice so this is the one and only item on the menu that required my fork to be used. No one mocked me so all was well.

DSCN4162.jpg

All entrees are served with seasonal veggies (zucchini, onion, ) with udon noodles and the beef rice. Here’s what ours looked like when they were served up.

Udon Noodles and Veggies:
DSCN4163.jpg

Hotate: Cold Water Sea Scallops $29.95
DSCN4166.jpg

Ueno: Chicken Breast and Shrimp $27.95
DSCN4176.jpg

DSCN4179.jpg

Starting with Michael’s scallops…they were big and delicious and perfectly cooked. Good menu choice!

As for my chicken and shrimp, this never fails to be one of my favorite meals of the trip – no exceptions this time. The shrimp are so perfectly delicious. I think they could throw in a couple more shrimp for what you pay for the entrée but again, this IS Disney folks.

I found that I actually preferred the mustard sauce this time over the ginger sauce. I even dipped my veggies in the mustard sauce. Note to self: Next time triple mustard sauce is in order!

Not long after our completely empty dishes were removed from the table they delivered a special birthday dessert – chocolate ginger cake topped with flaming candles for Hunter and me.

DSCN4183.jpg

DSCN4185.jpg

DSCN4191.jpg

The birthday song that accompanied the dessert was a nice gesture and appreciated. With the cake, they gave us paper chef hats. Our names were written on these in Japanese. And a little Mickey exclamation point. I think that symbol’s the international language of happiness!

DSCN4192.jpg

Good thing that Michael can appreciate a slice of chocolate cake since it’s not really my thing.

We took a group photo before going separate ways since we’d been chatty with this couple and really enjoyed their company. Having outgoing and friendly table mates makes a big difference in the dining experience. One of my favorite TE meals was for my birthday dinner 2 years ago due to a great group of people. See here for that dining experience.

DSCN4199.jpg

We settled our bill using our AP for a 10% discount since they don’t accept TiW.

We REALLY enjoyed this meal.

Up Next: Another California Grill Dinner

California Grill Dinner - Monday May 5, 2014

DSCN4475.jpg

This was the second time we had dinner at California Grill this trip. We’d had such a great meal here several days prior for Paula and Hunter’s anniversary dinner that we had a second reservation. There wasn’t a lot of effort to get to dinner this night since we were now staying next door at BLT.

Michael and I met up with Paula and Hunter at California Grill’s bar awaited a buzzing pager that would announce our table was ready. I figured I may as well start the meal off right and enjoy the lovely sunset with a cocktail so I ordered a Bloody Mary.

DSCN4396.jpg

While we were still waiting for our table, Chef Eddie came over to greet us and chat for a short period of time.

Photo proof
DSCN4401.jpg

I took a few photos of MK as well. The sun was setting over the kingdom.
DSCN4405.jpg

DSCN4392.jpg

We were seated in a booth near the rear observation platform. I really liked that location since we faced the expanse of windows overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon and the resorts as well as MK. What a great seat. The table was decorated with Mickey-fetti once again in honor of Paula and Hunter’s anniversary.

DSCN4406.jpg

DSCN4411.jpg

Even though the menu didn’t change in the few days since we’d been there.. or did it?? Paula has an eagle eye and noticed something. I must not have been paying attention since I didn’t notice anything different… Executive decision here… no repeat of the menu photos from 4 days earlier.

Our meal was started with a very nice surprise – Chef Eddie presented us with a lovely amuse bouche. This was the house-made gnocchi with mushrooms and I believe either pancetta or pork belly and a perfectly poached egg. This dish could not have been more flavorful or perfect. I normally don’t eat poached eggs since I’m picky about the yolk not going all over the plate but this was poached egg perfection. I can seriously see this being a featured appetizer on the menu. Deeeelish!

DSCN4424.jpg

The bread basket was also provided. I prefer the lavender focaccia.
DSCN4429.jpg

DSCN4431.jpg

We opted to eat light for this meal since we really were not that hungry. That, and the fact that we had already been presented a complimentary first course and bread. Michael ordered the pork belly nigiri to start and then the kale salad. I ordered the tomato flatbread. Just the flatbread will do.

Our appetizers arrived and I was very glad that I had ordered the flatbread. The last time I ordered a flatbread was in 2010 and it was just ok so it had taken me nearly 4 years to try it again. It was worth the wait. The tomato/mozzarella flatbread was incredible. It took me all of dinner to finish it since I picked at it but it was awesome. The tomatoes were perfectly flavorful and the balsamic was an ingenious touch!!

Oven Dried Tomato Flatbread: Beefsteak Tomatoes, Mozzarella di Bufala, and Aged Balsamic $14
DSCN4437.jpg

Michael’s appetizer choice was not surprising since he loves pork. I believe he had tasted some of Hunters’ the last visit to California Grill and that’s what prompted him to order this himself. I would venture a guess that he was very satisfied with this dish.

Pork Belly Nigiri: House-cured Pork, Bacon and Yuzu Rice with spicy Teriyaki $22
DSCN4432.jpg

Wishes began as we were eating our appetizers. Since we had a decent viewing spot at our booth we didn’t feel the need to watch from the viewing platform. I took a few photos from the table.

DSCN4439.jpg

DSCN4454.jpg

DSCN4445.jpg

Right after the fireworks, the next course was delivered which meant the apple and kale salad for Michael. He must be a bigger fan of kale than me since he enjoyed this. Em ordered this salad in December and replicated it several times at home. I don’t mind kale but I would rather eat something that doesn’t take 5 minutes to chew per bite.

Heirloom Apple and Kale Salad: Cripps Pink Apples, Marcona Almonds, Cranberry, Feta, Cider Vinaigrette $15
DSCN4471.jpg

DSCN4470.jpg

I had eaten half of my flatbread up until that point but I must have been re-energized to eat since I ended up finishing it after the fireworks. Rather like the second half was my next course. Even cold this was excellent.
We looked at the dessert menu; however, it wasn’t really necessary since Chef Eddie had the seasonal peach dessert brought to our table. It is so nice to dine with people who are friends with the Chef!

Dessert menu:
DSCN4474.jpg

Seasonal Tasting: Florida Peaches, Warm Peach Upside-down Cake with Peach Royal Icing, Peach Gelato with Marmalade, Spiked Peach Sweet Tea $12

DSCN4476.jpg

Breaking it down by individual dessert
DSCN4477.jpg

DSCN4478.jpg

DSCN4479.jpg

I was thrilled with this dessert presentation. Not only was it visually exciting but every one of the offerings were delicious. I especially enjoyed the peach upside down cake. The sweet tea had peach schnapps and was a bit too sweet for my tastes but I think I drank the entire thing so what do I have to complain about?

We were once again one of the last parties in the restaurant when we left around 11:45.

Using our TiW we saved $12.00.

Empty restaurant photo:
DSCN4490.jpg

Before leaving we said our good-byes and thanks to Chef Eddie before taking a few photos.
DSCN4495.jpg

DSCN4496.jpg

Another excellent California Grill dining experience even if I was a lightweight. Em and I returned this last July for another fabulous meal.

Up Next: Grand Floridian Cafe

Grand Floridian Café Breakfast - Tuesday May 6, 2014

DSCN4602.jpg

If I had to pick a second favorite place to eat breakfast at WDW it would be Grand Floridian Café. This place has been on our dining rotation every WDW for the last 8 trips and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. There is only one item that I have ordered in all 8 trips - so this dining review will be de je vu for some.

Michael and I met up with Paula and Hunter at the restaurant where when we checked in it wasn’t a problem to change our party size from 2 to 4. I also requested to be seated in Robert’s section – our “regular” server for most of our breakfasts.

Not that I needed a menu and Paula and I both could have placed bets on what Michael would order but here’s the most recent version of the breakfast menu:

DSCN4573.jpg

DSCN4574.jpg

DSCN4575.jpg

A beautiful fresh cut rose on the table.

DSCN4587.jpg

Michael is an eggs and smoked salmon lover so his breakfast choice was the smoked salmon platter. Missing from the menu description was the chopped hard-boiled egg which actually looks like it went through the food processor it was chopped so fine. Such a beautiful and artful display of food. Usually you see cream cheese blobbed on the dish or a small tub on the side. Not this place. They even put a sprig of dill and lemon on the dish. Very nice.

By my 3rd or 4th photo of his dish we shooed my camera away, he wanted to eat!

Smoked Salmon: with Tomatoes, Onion, Capers Cream Cheese, and Toasted Bagel $10.99

DSCN4588.jpg

Another view....
DSCN4590.jpg

For my breakfast choice I was faithful to the French toast – subbing a scrambled egg for the breakfast meat. As always, this was absolutely divine!! No one does French toast better than this place. So simple yet so well done.

Vanilla-Laced French Toast: Brioche Bread dipped in Vanilla-Flavored Batter, served with Bacon or Sausage $11.99

DSCN4593.jpg

DSCN4595.jpg

Even though Paula and Hunter were an add-on for this breakfast, their anniversary was acknowledged in a special way. Robert brought out an Anniversary cupcake with rainbow confetti topped with a chocolate Mickey. Maybe I needed to wear that birthday button more. I wanted one of those cupcakes!! Actually, for my birthday trip a couple of years ago Robert had presented me with a complimentary mimosa and plate of danishes. Fun stuff.

DSCN4599.jpg

Using our TiW card we saved $5.19.

I posed with Robert before saying good-bye for now and we’ll see you in July.

DSCN4600.jpg

Up Next:

Hopefully 5 updates in one night is penance for my absence and lack of updates lately. I've not abandoned this DR, I just need more time in my day and less work. :rolleyes1

Wow! How sore are your fingers after all that typing! What a treat to have so many reviews at once. Thanks!

The photo of you and Micheal at tepan is such a sweet looking photo you must have it enlarged (chopped in a few places) and placed in a beautiful frame. Love the dining reports. It appears the four Mousekateers had a great time dining together. Pick me next time you have so much fun dining.

WOW, 5 great dining updates in one evening...very impressive Brenda!!! :worship:

For me, Via Napoli is good but not a must-do every trip place. I totally agree about the pizza sizes. Their smallest pizza is way too big for one person so consequently I'll probably be skipping VN again on my upcoming solo trip.

Three more weeks and Kouzzina will be gone so sadly I won't have the opportunity to have one last breakfast there. :worried: I have to say that I was surprised that it will be replaced by yet another Italian restaurant since there are already two at Epcot, one next door at the Swan, and one at DHS. :confused3

I too really enjoy Teppan Edo. Even though we have a teppan-style restaurant not far away that is less expensive, I still much prefer Teppan Edo. I wish they accepted TIW though, but at least they do still offer the 10% AP discount on weekdays. :thumbsup2 I was bummed that I didn't get to dine with you all at TE on my last trip, so was thrilled when Joh invited me to join her and her family there in October. And as an added bonus, Linda and her DH will be with us too. I can't wait! :woohoo:

Ahhhh...California Grill. :cloud9: Although my two meals there on this trip did not make my favorites list, I would still have to say that it is my overall favorite restaurant at Disney. It was the first ADR that I made for my next trip. I know it won't be quite the same dining here without Paula & Hunter (no delicious amuse bouche compliments of Chef Eddie, etc. ;) ) but hopefully it will still be a great meal and again make my trip favorites list.

And last, but certainly not least is breakfast at GFC. I sooo love that French toast. I will definitely be dining there in October, just haven't figured out when yet. :laughing:

So anyway, thanks for a great round of reviews. I'm looking forward to reading the rest from this trip and maybe even a few from your July trip before I leave for WDW six weeks from today. So you must quit letting all that nasty work stuff get in the way of your DIS time. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter