Oh Yeah We’re Going Again, But I’m Not Telling You Yet When! 1/27/15 Prayers Please

blessedmom4

WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!

We have been blessed to go to Walt Disney World multiple times since 2011, Thanks to my youngest Daughter's Make a Wish Trip, my brother-in-laws RCI time share and my dear friend Tracy (Disnorth's) generosity. Our last trip was with Tracy this past January and we had a blast, this trip will NOT be the same without her! We have a lot of things that go on in our life and they are pretty spectacular...good and bad...there is rarely a happy medium. Thursday was one of those days that was exceptionally tough and I made the statement “It has been "one of those days" for me. I know something good is coming...” I was correct. Friday I received an email from my DH brother asking us if we wanted his timeshare points, he couldn't use them before they expired ...this is the THIRD time this has happened, and while I was still excited, thankful and happy, I wasn't shocked this time, just feeling blessed! I will do introductions later, hoping to have some old friends and new readers join my PTR journey.

This is a picture from our daughter, Lisa's Make a Wish Trip. It was a MAGICAL time and we will forever be grateful for the wonderful folks we met because of Lisa's wish.

file_zpsf60310a7.jpg

This picture is from our latest trip this past January. I plan to include some of the pics from that trip on this PTR, we shall see how things progress here. Tracy (disnorth) was our travel companion and the reason we were able to go on that trip, she rented a house big enough for all seven of us! It was an unexpected blessing to have that surprise trip, this past winter has been incredibly difficult for many reasons.

file_zps3146e804.jpg

Thankfully each day is a chance for new beginnings and this current trip was a surprise the Lord knew we needed. :flower3:

This is a photo of Pete and I from our wedding many years ago and before having four children.

0c2bae9e.jpg

We look different now. :lmao:

CIMG2532.jpg

We reserved our RCI Condo last night. :yay: (May 5, 2014) The past two times my BIL gave us his timeshare we stayed at a lovely resort and really enjoy it! We would have stayed there once again; however, the girls have to use one of the living areas as a bedroom, which is fine..but they have to sleep on a couch and Tracy (disnorth) spoiled them last time with their own room.

Because we rarely have much notice about these points being gifted to us, many things aren't available. I will say we all searched high and low and decided on the place in this video.

The resort name has changed, but per the multiple phone calls over the past 2 days, everything else is the same. It is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo with a full-sized kitchen, a main living area with dining area and living space. There is also a small den with a kitchenette. We are excited!

Congratulations Judy and family! I am happy to see that you get to go on another well-deserved trip. :lovestruc

I am very anxious to hear all about it!

I hope all of you are well, I haven't seen you around much. :hug:

D~

Congratulations Judy and family! I am happy to see that you get to go on another well-deserved trip. :lovestruc

I am very anxious to hear all about it!

I hope all of you are well, I haven't seen you around much. :hug:

D~

Hello old friend, it is good to see you here! I am happy you found me, I haven't spread the news yet. Maybe I should put my DIS name in the title and see if anyone finds us...you did without it though!

Thanks for being happy for us D, I am thankful for the opportunity. It is one of those spectacular occurrences I mentioned in my opening.

It has been an exceptionally hard winter, our January trip with Tracy helped get me through. I am still having computer issues which makes it hard to DIS and Pete and I are still sharing the one car, so it makes life extra busy. :faint: We shall see if I am able to do a PTR or not, but I do find them easier than TR's :rolleyes1

I am far behind on EVERYTHING I am sorry to say...Thanks for letting me know you saw my post. :goodvibes

Oh, Judy, I am sooo happy for your family to be able to do this! I've been praying that you would have something encouraging come along and I am thrilled for you guys! Look forward to hearing all about it!

I don't know what your budget is or anything (or if you are even thinking about doing the parks this trip), but if the YES tickets dates work for your family, I highly recommend them. We did them once in California and we all had a blast! It was so fun to go "behind the scenes", and the savings on the tickets was well worth giving up half a day for the class. My kids have already requested that we do it again if we ever go back. I know it is a better value in Florida because you can get a lot more days on your tickets (including waterparks) for the same price as we paid in CA. Just a thought. We did individual enrollment and were grouped with about 5 other families. Even though it was advertised as being for grades 3-12, the leader did a wonderful job including everyone, even the little guys, and making sure we all had a great time.

I can't believe I saw this, I am so excited for you. You are so tricky not telling anybody you started a PTR. Good thing I am observant! I can't wait to hear all about it. :yay:

I had planned to do more of an update yesterday; however, I had one of those spectacular potentially bad things I mentioned before happen. My freezer went out and we lost most of our food and need a new freezer, it is unrepairable. Instead of getting upset, we all pulled together and believed better times are coming and they are...after all , we have a Disney trip to look forward to! :cheer2::goodvibes:cheer2:

Oh, Judy, I am sooo happy for your family to be able to do this! I've been praying that you would have something encouraging come along and I am thrilled for you guys! Look forward to hearing all about it!

I don't know what your budget is or anything (or if you are even thinking about doing the parks this trip), but if the YES tickets dates work for your family, I highly recommend them. We did them once in California and we all had a blast! It was so fun to go "behind the scenes", and the savings on the tickets was well worth giving up half a day for the class. My kids have already requested that we do it again if we ever go back. I know it is a better value in Florida because you can get a lot more days on your tickets (including waterparks) for the same price as we paid in CA. Just a thought. We did individual enrollment and were grouped with about 5 other families. Even though it was advertised as being for grades 3-12, the leader did a wonderful job including everyone, even the little guys, and making sure we all had a great time.
Thanks for being excited for us!! :goodvibes We feel incredibly blessed and grateful and look forward to planning. :cheer2:

I woud LOVE to do the YES program! They had done some changes to the program the last time we checked in to it, I will have to check and see if it is the same as last time. The programs look fun.

I would love to go to Universal, but the best deal is a 2 day ticket, third day free...that is too much for us, time and visits to the park but it is the only discount we could find thus far...but I haven't had much time to really look yet, lol. I need to figure out the resort by tonight if possible. :faint:
I can't believe I saw this, I am so excited for you. You are so tricky not telling anybody you started a PTR. Good thing I am observant! I can't wait to hear all about it. :yay:
Thanks for being happy! Not trying to be sneaky, just seeing if anyone is around. :goodvibes

Congratulationspixiedust:iam so happy for you. Just wish it would be when we are there but since I don't have a trip planned at this point.....I will just enjoy hearing about your plans.

Thanks for being happy! Not trying to be sneaky, just seeing if anyone is around. :goodvibes

I am sure if you posted the link on your old thread people would come over. I am really sorry to hear about your freezer and the loss of food. That is an expensive mess. :eek:

Congratulationspixiedust:iam so happy for you. Just wish it would be when we are there but since I don't have a trip planned at this point.....I will just enjoy hearing about your plans.
JUDY! I am so glad you found our new PTR! It would make me so happy to be able to meet you in person. Maybe you will have a trip pop up tat you aren't expecting...it keeps happening for us. :goodvibes

I am sure if you posted the link on your old thread people would come over. I am really sorry to hear about your freezer and the loss of food. That is an expensive mess. :eek:

I wil post the link before you do, lol.

The freezer was a horrible mess, that is certain and while it was awful to have such an expensive problem, we still felt God's hands taking care of it... with a lot of hard work from us. :goodvibes It was all good!

Yikes! Having a freezer go out on you is no fun at all... It is something I am afraid will happen to us one day. I sure hope you are able to get a new one, and most importantly - I hope you were able to save all of the food in it.

I hope you have a better day today! :)

D~

Yikes! Having a freezer go out on you is no fun at all... It is something I am afraid will happen to us one day. I sure hope you are able to get a new one, and most importantly - I hope you were able to save all of the food in it.

I hope you have a better day today! :)

D~

It was actually quite a horribly expensive, SMELLY mess D! BUT, in the midst of it all there were many blessings! We were all home, we jumped in working together and got it cleaned up and Monday was trash day, so it was all good. I had JUST bought pork chops at 2.99 a pound on Friday, we were able to salvage those. Lisa had meat for lunch and dinner, she was in heaven! I also salvaged some ground beef and made spaghetti sauce and some veggies for 3 casseroles.

We actually came home once to a power outage mess, based on neighbor reports the power had been out for 6 days prior to us returning home. We lost the contents of a full fridge AND the upright freezer...I had tried to be smart and have things stocked for our return. NEVER again, lol!

Today is busy: 2 MD appts, Lisa has voice and Rachel has guitar, plus Lisa gets fitted for her new wheel chair! She has only been too tall for her latest W/C for over a year, but insurance will only pay for them every three years and they are very expensive. We are test driving a new model today, one she can push some herself, she is excited. :yay: I just pray they put a rush on it so we can have it by our trip, it can take MONTHS to get them.

We WILL have good days, both of us. I claim that truth. :goodvibes

Congrats on getting to go again!! I can't believe how tall Lisa is getting! She has really changed and grown in the last little while.

Judy!! I'm sorry I didn't find this sooner, it's finals week, but I am here now and so happy you are going back to Florida!!! I can't wait to see what you guys plan!

How exciting that Lisa is finally getting her new wheelchair! We'll pray it comes in time for your trip. I know that would make things infinitely easier for you. So sorry to hear about the freezer mess - that stinks! I have wanted an extra freezer for years now, but I hear stories like this and then I think maybe having just the little one over the fridge isn't so bad! Plus, I know I would tend to stockpile meat and stuff when it is on sale and then have it get buried in there and forget about it, so it is probably a good thing I don't have one. :) I hope you are able to get a replacement soon - maybe check Freecycle and see if someone is getting rid of one?

Still no news on Ezra. He had his final test session last weekend and then we will meet with the psychologist on the 17th for his report, followed by the pediatrician on the 19th to get things rolling for the school, depending on a diagnosis. He finally started acting up some for the psychologist, so the testing took longer that last 2 sessions than usual; I was grateful he was finally seeing some of the things we've been concerned about. Up until then, the doctor was kind of acting like "Why did you bring him in here? He's fine!" After the last 2 sessions, he said Ezra was having a very hard time concentrating, and he wasn't cooperating - thank you, God, for letting him see this!

Hope you have a wonderful day today with all your running around, Judy. The resort looks beautiful, and I know you'll all have a marvelous time!

Hi Judy,
Good to see you back on the boards, I have missed reading your updates.

Sorry to hear about your freezer, glad that you had your family around to help with the mess. Praying blessings for all of you.

-jennifer

Judy, I honestly have no idea how I clicked on this link and found your new pre-trip report. That's the gosh awful truth! I was checking my emails and clicked on a link and there this was. I had to go back and look through my emails to see what I could have possibly clicked on to get me here and I don't see a thing other than your other report and it didn't have the link in it (not in the email). God just wanted to make sure that I was here. :thumbsup2

How exciting that you will be headed back to Florida again. I know that your brother-in-law enjoys the fact that his points are given to a deserving family and not just wasted.

The whole fridge debacle stinks to high Heaven but I'm glad to hear that it occurred while you were all there and able to get it cleaned up. Also good to hear that you were able to salvage some things and it wasn't all ruined.

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed and send out a few extra prayers that the wheelchair arrives before your trip.

Judy, I am glad to see you back posting on the boards, How exciting that you get to go to Florida again. I'm sorry to hear that you lost everything in your freezer but at least ya'll pulled together and managed to save something about it. I know Lisa loved getting to have meat for lunch and dinner.

Marilyn

YEAH!!! I'm so happy to hear your getting to go back!!!

BOO!! On the freezer!!! But I am glad you guys were able to salvage so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter