Ohana ADR at 15:30 - what would you have earlier at MK

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
We have ADR for Ohana at 15:30. I can't move it later - i have been looking for days. We will be at MK on early morning hour and we need to have something earlier during the day. What would you do?

I am also tempted to cancel it too. It's our first day after travel, the heat will be shock as it's much colder locally. with 3:30 ADR, we lose the freedom to take a break, unless we leave the parks at 11. We could do that i guess... really not sure. It could also be perfect timing as we will jet lagged - it will feel like much later.

Ohana can be your break from the heat. Go over a bit early and enjoy the main building at Poly. I'd eat a decent breakfast then maybe a late morning snack like a soft pretzel or something.

Also, don't give up on finding a better time. There is a free reservation finder on Touring Plans. You can sign up and get alerts when a time opens.

I would either do a late breakfast or an early lunch, around 11am or so. That should hold you over until your ADR. Head over to Ohana a bit early and relax at Poly for a bit before your reservation and use that as your afternoon break.

We have ADR for Ohana at 15:30. I can't move it later - i have been looking for days. We will be at MK on early morning hour and we need to have something earlier during the day. What would you do?

About 10:00 or 10:30, I'd be over at Sleepy Hollow getting a fruit and nutella waffle and maybe the chicken waffle (sometimes not available til 11:00, but you never know) to share for a very filling "snack." Those waffles are huge.

I would also use the Ohana as your break. Plan to do some of the indoor cooler things for the early afternoon: Carousel of Progress, Mickey's Philharmagic, It's a Small World, Hall of Presidents.

I agree with the others...do a late breakfast and enjoy Ohana as an afternoon break. ADR's for Ohana are hard to come by and it is a great meal! Than you can waddle back to the park (we always do!) and enjoy the rest of your evening at MK with a full belly!

I agree with the others, get a late morning snack. Use Ohanas as an afternoon break. Especially if its hot out it will feel good. After traveling the day before, you will appreciate the break.
You can always get a late snack if needed in the evening.

I would do breakfast in the room and grab a snack around 11-12. Maybe a waffle at Sleepy Hollow or share an entrée at CHH.

3:30 ADR at Ohana isn't that bad. Their food is heavy and filling. It'll give you time to digest it and not go to bed uncomfortably full.

I would do a PPO ADR for breakfast at MK and have a light snack around lunch time for anyone in your party who gets hangry with skipped meals before a 3:30 Ohana meal.

I would definitely keep trying for a later time though because you never know you may luck out. Especially the day before when 24 hour cancellations go through.

Keep checking. Keep checking. Keep checking. It’s mentioned on other threads I’ve seen and I now know from direct experience that this is true.

My mom and I are going at the end of April but didn’t book until end of December, long past the 180 day mark. Even then, I didn’t start looking for reservations until mid February as it’s my moms first trip and I wanted her to have a chance to pick.

I checked every day or two until I finally got a reservation for 9:25pm on our magic kingdom day. Then, as that would mean missing Happily Ever After, I continued checking until yesterday when I was able to modify it and change it to 9:20pm on our arrival day.

Don’t give up checking. People cancel all the time.

Otherwise, what the above posters mentioned about a big breakfast should be good. Go to Ohana hungry, because you ain’t leaving that restaurant empty.

We were also only able to book 'Ohana for 3:30, and will be at MK for a PPO breakfast. As others have stated, if needed, a small snack can tie us over. It's been my experience, however, that one generally isn't that hungry in the heat. The benefit will be that the Poly is a wonderful place for a break from the humidity. We plan on taking a relaxing boat ride over and exploring the shops prior to the meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter