• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana....any better lately?

We just went yesterday for the first time. I was honestly a little nervous about it based on the reviews, and it couldn’t have gone better.

We checked in early — about 20 minutes ahead of our reservation. We were texted two minutes later that our table was ready. This meant that we unexpectedly got to see the fireworks! We had a great view table also. (Strangely, a woman had her purse on our assigned table and told the poor CM in training who was seating is that her husband went to ask if they could take our table instead. The CM froze and there was an awkward silence for about 30 seconds until the lady just said “it’s ok.”)

The food was fantastic. We weren’t rushed and we were frequently asked if we wanted more of anything. We got to see the electric water show too which was fun. Chicken tasted amazing and I usually find chicken boring. Steak was perfectly cooked.

The only two disappointments were the bread (kind of bland and not warm) and shrimp. Everything else was much better than I expected, based on reviews. Tender, delicious, not at all fatty or overcooked.

I do believe reviewers who say it can be hit or miss but based on my experience, I’d go back in a heartbeat.

I’ve been to Ohana twice—in 2014 and 2017–and my family really enjoyed our meals there. We plan to return on our upcoming Christmas trip. I will say that the price is a little hard to stomach if you aren’t on the DDP.

The last time we ate there was this past June for 2 dinners and 1 breakfast. We had one semi slow waiter on the 1st dinner but other waiters picked up his slack and the food and everything else was great,

We went last June for the first time and loved it. Our 5 & 8 year olds ordered hot dogs and our almost 3 year old had chicken strips. The youngest was already free because she was still 2 and the waitress took one of the other kid meals off our bill because “they didn’t eat much”. They had both eaten their entire hot dog, but nothing else. We were completely shocked, but very happy!

She also gave all three of our kids cupcakes instead of just the birthday girl (along with the Rice Krispie treats) and gave them all signed birthday cards.

We really enjoyed the meal and the service was excellent. I was very nervous because of the bad reviews, but we were glad we didn’t cancel and tried it for ourselves.

Responses are going to be all over the place on this. We had breakfast in August (despite having seen poor reviews for months), and it was fantastic. Service was attentive, not at all rushed, and character interactions were great (not rushed either).
How long does breakfast take?

How long does breakfast take?
We were there for about an hour from check-in to getting on the monorail to leave. We were seated maybe 5-10 minutes after our ADR time, and our server took our drink order almost right away, and came back with that and some fruit and pineapple bread. She explained that a family-style skillet would be coming and what it would contain, and that the characters would be stopping by shortly and which direction they would be coming from.
Our skillet arrived, the characters came by, we had seconds of a few items and we lingered a little over coffee before heading out to the lobby for our Pluto photo.

Just being completely honest, and this is no disrespect to the guys who do the dining show, but sometimes I take what they say with a grain of salt PURELY because they're there a lot more often than me. They critique the restaurants more harshly than I because they see the ups and downs. I ate at Ohana in 2016 (not sure when exactly it started going down hill), and we had a lovely experience. I recall one of the complains on the last Ohana review being that they didn't see their server much. I don't think our server was around much either, but we were kept busy with the meeting characters and taking photos. And if we needed something, I recall just asking a different server and they would kindly tell our server...I don't recall it being a major issue. We also went for breakfast, and I think the guys went for dinner. I'd reccomend ohana purely for the view. It's just gorgeous.

We have gone to Ohana several times and really liked it until our last trip August 2018. I thought the food was just not as good and we felt rushed. Some of the food was good our last trip but I was not impressed with the steak and chicken mostly. I will probably go back in the future but not our upcoming trip. I think you should go and try it out.

We just went yesterday for the first time. I was honestly a little nervous about it based on the reviews, and it couldn’t have gone better.

We checked in early — about 20 minutes ahead of our reservation. We were texted two minutes later that our table was ready. This meant that we unexpectedly got to see the fireworks! We had a great view table also. (Strangely, a woman had her purse on our assigned table and told the poor CM in training who was seating is that her husband went to ask if they could take our table instead. The CM froze and there was an awkward silence for about 30 seconds until the lady just said “it’s ok.”)

The food was fantastic. We weren’t rushed and we were frequently asked if we wanted more of anything. We got to see the electric water show too which was fun. Chicken tasted amazing and I usually find chicken boring. Steak was perfectly cooked.

The only two disappointments were the bread (kind of bland and not warm) and shrimp. Everything else was much better than I expected, based on reviews. Tender, delicious, not at all fatty or overcooked.

I do believe reviewers who say it can be hit or miss but based on my experience, I’d go back in a heartbeat.
Can you tell me if they had the noodles? I read that they removed them and honestly it’s my favorite part- so I was going to cancel next month if they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter