• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana---any chance?

noahsketomom

DIS Veteran
trying to get an Ohana dinner reservation for 8 in mid September that is before 9:30(!). I just can't imagine eating a big meal that late....what are the chances of something opening up??? Thoughts?

We are in the same boat. We have a party of 5 with a reservation for 9:35pm in November. We had 3 days that we were able to go...nothing earlier than 9:25pm.

I am going to try every day until something opens up. Lol. I think you have a fairly good chance if you keep trying. So many people are booking things and then changing them around. I know you have 8 people so it makes things a bit more difficult, but 'Ohana seems to have a lot of big tables.

Don't give up!

Good luck to both of us!!! :)

trying to get an Ohana dinner reservation for 8 in mid September that is before 9:30(!). I just can't imagine eating a big meal that late....what are the chances of something opening up??? Thoughts?
Did you check the cancellation thread? You may find luck there or just keep checking, it could always pop up.

We are in the same boat. We have a party of 5 with a reservation for 9:35pm in November. We had 3 days that we were able to go...nothing earlier than 9:25pm.

I am going to try every day until something opens up. Lol. I think you have a fairly good chance if you keep trying. So many people are booking things and then changing them around. I know you have 8 people so it makes things a bit more difficult, but 'Ohana seems to have a lot of big tables.

Don't give up!

Good luck to both of us!!! :)

YES!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!!!! :)

The cancellation thread always pulls through-- usually closer to your trip when people do their final tweaks/dumps. I got a PERFECT Ohana reservation in January about three hours before the ADR time-- they do open up, but it know how frustrating it is to really just want it settled, already. I'm stalking for an early seating on 10/25 myself:rolleyes1

You can always go on the day you want and they have a separate line for walk ups and if a table opens up that they can use they pull the next party of that size. So the downside is if you have 8 people and are first in line and the only thing that opens up, for example are twos and fours, the people behind you that have smaller parties can go ahead of you so you could be waiting all night to get in if at all.

I can give you some hope. I decided to switch my 'Ohana reservation around at about the 100 day mark, figuring it would be more fun to do it on arrival night than on a night we'd like to spend more time in the parks. I looked for a little while but nothing came up. About a week later, I was just randomly checking and a 7:00 popped up. I was shocked, especially because I'm reserving for 10. But there it was! I grabbed it, and I'll still keep looking for an earlier time (my first ressie was for 5:00 - we like to eat early!). But at least it's a start, and with my group size, I'm not sure I can afford to be quite that picky!

Trying to adjust two Ohana ADRs right now. One is a 9:25pm dinner (a good hour later than I'd prefer) and our 7:40am breakfast two days later. We're planning to go to Universal for HHN after the breakfast so I'd rather it be later so we don't pass out from being up all day and night long. I guess all we can do is check often everyday.

Look every chance you get, especially a week or 2 out. I like you had settled (and I'm in the same boat again) last summer for the 9:30 time. Several times I'd see something similar. Finally about a week or 2 out I started seeing more and more of the earlier times. We ended up with our choice of 2 nights at 5:30. Best of luck to you!

Look every chance you get, especially a week or 2 out. I like you had settled (and I'm in the same boat again) last summer for the 9:30 time. Several times I'd see something similar. Finally about a week or 2 out I started seeing more and more of the earlier times. We ended up with our choice of 2 nights at 5:30. Best of luck to you!

That is encouraging!!!!! Thanks!! :)

I've been checking for a dinner reservation several times a day for our August trip but would only see the late 9pmish times. Yesterday, I decided to do one of my daily checks at 6:45 am because I just happened to be up early and lo and behold, there was a ressie available for my date for 4 people for 5 pm, which I snagged. I was shocked to find this so early in the day but it might be worth a try to check very first thing in the morning as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter