Ohana at 8:30pm too late?

With kids that age, I think you will be fine with 8:30. Even if there is a wait, they are old enough to handle it. I would get a fun snack at 4:30 or 5:00 so that we wouldn't be starving by 8:30 or 9:00.

Piggybacking on this thread, because I'm curious about the late ressies, too. I am only now making our ADRs for things for an October trip (I just couldn't pack trip planning into an already VERY busy final semester at school, so it had to wait until after graduation!) and I noticed that there are ONLY available ADRs for Ohana at 10pm or 1015pm. There are a lot of them, however, just about every evening in late October there is availability at 10pm or later. What is with this super late service? Is the food going to be old and cold? Are the servers going to be surly?
I have always wanted to try their dinner service but I am so worried it is going to be old/gross or make us sick on the second day of our trip (one of the only times I could fit it into our schedule). Trying to get more info on this before I decide whether it is better to cancel or see it through, so any input is appreciated.

Piggybacking on this thread, because I'm curious about the late ressies, too. I am only now making our ADRs for things for an October trip (I just couldn't pack trip planning into an already VERY busy final semester at school, so it had to wait until after graduation!) and I noticed that there are ONLY available ADRs for Ohana at 10pm or 1015pm. There are a lot of them, however, just about every evening in late October there is availability at 10pm or later. What is with this super late service? Is the food going to be old and cold? Are the servers going to be surly?
I have always wanted to try their dinner service but I am so worried it is going to be old/gross or make us sick on the second day of our trip (one of the only times I could fit it into our schedule). Trying to get more info on this before I decide whether it is better to cancel or see it through, so any input is appreciated.

The food will not be old, gross or sparse. All will be served fresh, as if you were there at 5PM. 'Ohana is one of those restaurants that seats late, and that is always pretty busy. I would be more concerned about the time you will actually be able to eat than I would about food. Depending on what time Wishes is, people will dawdle in order to see it from their seats or a window, or to be able to have little down time between leaving dinner and walking to the beach. I am not sure if you will run later than you want for this meal.

I was going to ask this same question. I'm also going in Oct. The food here looks amazing, but 10-10:15pm is really late to eat, and I keep hearing that they seat really late. I'm not that worried about eating late since I work late evenings and usually eat between 9:30-10pm anyways. However the hours only say until 10pm so I was wondering why they were offering ADRs for that late and if they would still actually be open and what the food and service qualities will be like that late at night?

The food will not be old, gross or sparse. All will be served fresh, as if you were there at 5PM. 'Ohana is one of those restaurants that seats late, and that is always pretty busy. I would be more concerned about the time you will actually be able to eat than I would about food. Depending on what time Wishes is, people will dawdle in order to see it from their seats or a window, or to be able to have little down time between leaving dinner and walking to the beach. I am not sure if you will run later than you want for this meal.
That is good to know! We are arriving from the west coast and Alaska, so the time difference will mean that it will just feel like dinner time for us. But hopefully we won't have to wait too terribly long anyhow. :) I was just surprised they let us book so late-- when I was there last, my fellow Alaskans and I were always starving after 9pm because availability of foods was so limited, and we ended up eating a lot of junk when we would have preferred real food. Remembering that, to us it felt like 5pm when all the kiosks and restaurants were closing up for the night. ;) Jet lag and time changes do not serve west coasters well!

Oh man, I have a res at 935pm one night. Guess I am heading over to TP to try and nail down something closer to 8:30pm.

If it is a stretch for your budget, I would choose another place with less of an issue with waiting and not so late.

My family and I had a Thursday 6:40 p.m. reservation and there was absolutely no wait time to be seated, however, our waiter was awful. We had to flag down other waiters to assist us. The food was delicious and the entertainment was lively and fun. I will definitely go back, just for the salad with pineapple vinaigrette, the sesame noodles and the bread pudding. However, I will make doubly sure I do not get the same waiter again, which will be easy to do as he sticks out like a sore thumb!

We've had after 8PM ADR's twice and were seated pretty much right on time both times. I guess it depends on the time of year. The first time we had a late one like that, Wishes must have been at 9 because we were just finishing up dinner when it started. We were not at a window seat, but could see the windows from our table and it was very nice. Last year, Wishes must have been earlier - at 8 or 8:30 maybe because just as we were sitting down it started.

Some of our best meals at 'Ohana have been late ADRs. The restaurant clears out after fireworks, it quiets down and there's less of a churn to turn over tables.

So we have an adr at 5:45 pm. Considering we don't get seated till about 6:15 is it still too early to make it outside to see the 9:00 water peageant? Figure we r done eating by like 8:00? Is there something for us to do by the beach like a bar or dole whip stand or do u think this adr is too early?
Thanks!

So we have an adr at 5:45 pm. Considering we don't get seated till about 6:15 is it still too early to make it outside to see the 9:00 water peageant? Figure we r done eating by like 8:00? Is there something for us to do by the beach like a bar or dole whip stand or do u think this adr is too early?
Thanks!

Explore the resort. The Poly has lovely shops, and gorgeous grounds. You could have a cocktail, and then go tot eh beach.

We ate there late last year, but we were going to MK for EMH and had a lot of time to walk it off. We were out until 2am

We have a 9:50pm ADR for our upcoming trip. Might seem very late to some but this is our arrival night. Our stomachs will think its only 7pm because of time differences from our home town.

One of the best meals we've had at 'Ohana was very late like this on our arrival day several years ago. The food came out fairly quickly so we didn't fill up on one particular item or another and it was all delicious! :goodvibes

We had an ADR for two around 8:30 or 8:45 pm. Yes, you have to wait to be seated. But you can wander around and check out the upstairs of the lobby, order a drink, use the restroom etc. and still be in range when your table is ready. The lobby is gorgeous, it's worth it for the delay for some time to explore. We were seated, started our dinner and had a grew view the fireworks. Magical! I didn't notice a mass exodus after they were over, however, I did notice a group of people get up out of their seats to get a better view of the fireworks and they were promptly asked to return to their tables by the staff. It's not really pleasant to have a crowd gather around your table when you are enjoying your dinner, and blocking other's views that were still sitting. Not something that ruined the experience in any way, mostly due to the quick reaction from the staff. Just a noticeable lack in judgement by some people. The food is fabulous though, and we left more stuffed than we have ever been in our lives! (we walked it off at the Magic Kingdom, which had EMH that night)

Last edited:
Sorry, had a typo in my message, but our time is 7:30am, so we would have 1.5 hours before we have to leave, but if we are not seated on time, I can see it being rushed. And the only reason we are doing the meal is to have Stitch time for my son, but I think he may have to just have some time with him in the park.

Just so you know, you don't HAVE to be at the port at 10:30. I believe 3 is the latest to get there. So if they're a little behind, no biggie.

IDK which cruise you're on, but Stitch is usually on a 7-night...just another option potentially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter