'Ohana Bread Pudding Twice In One Trip?! How can Life Possibly Get Better Than That *Complete*

It seems like they have taken away a good amount from the Tea in an effort to streamline and probably make it a lot more efficient and reduce waste. Sometimes that just kills the experience :( I am glad you enjoyed your meals though!

DH and I are planning to go to the afternoon tea as well! About how long did it take? Do you think I should make a dinner reservation later in the evening? That will be our "lunch"

Looks likes a good time. I've seen a lot of people do Tea at the GF but we have never done it. So many things to branch out on and try food wise at WDW for us.

I have never ever considered doing the Afternoon Tea but your review is making me think about possibly suggesting it to DH for our January trip! Since we've never been before I suppose we won't miss what they've taken away......and I do like the idea of trying everything Disney has to offer at least once. Off to check the prices ;)

thanks for the honest review on the tea experience :) I am so glad Rob indulges with you, my hubby (Peter) probably would not touch anything they serve :rotfl2:

It all looked delicouse--but wow. Do they really have to keep taking things away. Grrrrr. I would love to bring my daughter to this when she gets a little older!

We have tea booked for October and I can't wait. But, I do find it annoying that they keep taking away and raising pricing, UGH

Hi Jeri! I love your reports. You are the reason for our Raglan Road visit last September. I HAD to have the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do. About 4 months before our vacation, they took it off the menu :sad:. I emailed them, and they noted down our reservation date and time. They had the chef make it specially for me that nigh (it was my birthday). They sat us right next to the stage. That dish is my favorite dish ever. I wish they would bring. The food was spectacular. My family all loved their dishes. My hubby loved mine, but I only gave him one bite. LOL. I wasn't sharing. The dancing and music were awesome. It was a great night. So thank you for the "obsession" that I had.

I am in complete agreement with you regarding Kona breakfast. I still dream about the Samoan. I love love love it. My hubby got the Tonga Toast. We have tried to recreate it, but it's just not the same. I wouldn't even know where to begin with the Samoan. The pork is unbelievable. I also agree with you regarding BOG. We went for dinner. I was so excited to score an ADR. The food wasn't bad. It was good but not blow me away good. Or, not good enough for me to go back for dinner. I thought about lunch, but I have the attitude "been there done that". So many other places I want to try.

On an old thread, of yours, you mentioned trying out Fort Wilderness Cabins sometime. Especially since you spend so much time at Trail's End. :-) That is where we stayed the last time. I was really looking forward to the extra space. We are a family of 4. I am 42, hubby is 45, daughter is 16, and son is 12. My daughter is taller than me so it was like having 3 adults in a room which is why we wanted extra space. We were excited when we pulled up. It was really cute inside and out. Nice full kitchen. Large bathroom. Bedroom has full size bed and bunk beds. There is a pull down in the "living room". My hubby and I tried sleeping on the full bed the first night. Oh my goodness was the mattress HARD. Not to mention we were squished. So, the next night we switched and made our daughter sleep in the bedroom and we tried out the full size Murphy bed in the living room. It was better, but again we were so squished. We just couldn't do it. Bunk bed mattress was a bit more comfy, so I slept on the bottom bunk. LOL. I just couldn't do the bed in the bedroom. We go in September so it's hot and humid. And it rained quite a bit. Well, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, every dried. It was so humid that even our clothes in the closet were damp. The sheets were always damp. We had to get our towels laundered because they wouldn't dry. I think that cost us around $60. We could have taken them to the laundry area and done them ourselves, but it would have been such a hassle. We had a golf cart for the first day. That's all we could afford. They are crazy expensive. If we had one for the whole trip it might have been better. I don't think we would stay there again.

Sorry I rambled for so long. Looking forward to your next post.

Thanks for the review of the tea. Not something you hear too much about, but I think my daughter would like it. Any idea if they take tables in wonderland? That would certainly help with the prices.

It seems like they have taken away a good amount from the Tea in an effort to streamline and probably make it a lot more efficient and reduce waste. Sometimes that just kills the experience :( I am glad you enjoyed your meals though!

Yeah it does seem like they are trying to simplify the menu in there. I wish they would just do away with the packages and do everything as separate items, but I'm sure that would kill their revenue. It's still lots of fun though, so that's what matters.

DH and I are planning to go to the afternoon tea as well! About how long did it take? Do you think I should make a dinner reservation later in the evening? That will be our "lunch"

We were there for about an hour and 15 minutes from the time we were seated until the time we paid the bill. However, we do tend to rush a little bit so you could make it last about 90 minutes or more depending on how quickly you finish each course. It was our lunch as well. We didn't have a huge meal later in the night as you will soon see, but a few hours later we were definitely ready for something else to eat. If you plan the times right you could still do a dinner later in the evening. I hope you and your hubby enjoy it!

Looks likes a good time. I've seen a lot of people do Tea at the GF but we have never done it. So many things to branch out on and try food wise at WDW for us.

I know! There is somehow always something new to try. Tea time is a lot of fun, but I think we may skip it next trip and try something new.

I have never ever considered doing the Afternoon Tea but your review is making me think about possibly suggesting it to DH for our January trip! Since we've never been before I suppose we won't miss what they've taken away......and I do like the idea of trying everything Disney has to offer at least once. Off to check the prices ;)

Definitely give it a try! It is such a fun experience. We actually enjoy it so much that we have found a great place around us at home to do the whole high tea experience as well. Like you said, you won't miss what you never got to have, so I hope you can fit it in your upcoming trip!

thanks for the honest review on the tea experience :) I am so glad Rob indulges with you, my hubby (Peter) probably would not touch anything they serve :rotfl2:

:laughing: Rob is definitely a good sport. I do plenty of 'man stuff' with him, so he's good about returning the favor and dealing with my Disney mania and extreme girlieness.

It all looked delicouse--but wow. Do they really have to keep taking things away. Grrrrr. I would love to bring my daughter to this when she gets a little older!

It is definitely frustrating when Disney takes away something you love, but the experience is still pretty fun. It would definitely be a fun thing to do with your daughter. I like going with my hubby, but it would be even more fun with another gal.

We have tea booked for October and I can't wait. But, I do find it annoying that they keep taking away and raising pricing, UGH

I hate the massive price increase. Such is the cost of loving Disney I guess. I hope you have a great time at tea in October!

Hi Jeri! I love your reports. You are the reason for our Raglan Road visit last September. I HAD to have the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do. About 4 months before our vacation, they took it off the menu :sad:. I emailed them, and they noted down our reservation date and time. They had the chef make it specially for me that nigh (it was my birthday). They sat us right next to the stage. That dish is my favorite dish ever. I wish they would bring. The food was spectacular. My family all loved their dishes. My hubby loved mine, but I only gave him one bite. LOL. I wasn't sharing. The dancing and music were awesome. It was a great night. So thank you for the "obsession" that I had.

I am in complete agreement with you regarding Kona breakfast. I still dream about the Samoan. I love love love it. My hubby got the Tonga Toast. We have tried to recreate it, but it's just not the same. I wouldn't even know where to begin with the Samoan. The pork is unbelievable. I also agree with you regarding BOG. We went for dinner. I was so excited to score an ADR. The food wasn't bad. It was good but not blow me away good. Or, not good enough for me to go back for dinner. I thought about lunch, but I have the attitude "been there done that". So many other places I want to try.

On an old thread, of yours, you mentioned trying out Fort Wilderness Cabins sometime. Especially since you spend so much time at Trail's End. :-) That is where we stayed the last time. I was really looking forward to the extra space. We are a family of 4. I am 42, hubby is 45, daughter is 16, and son is 12. My daughter is taller than me so it was like having 3 adults in a room which is why we wanted extra space. We were excited when we pulled up. It was really cute inside and out. Nice full kitchen. Large bathroom. Bedroom has full size bed and bunk beds. There is a pull down in the "living room". My hubby and I tried sleeping on the full bed the first night. Oh my goodness was the mattress HARD. Not to mention we were squished. So, the next night we switched and made our daughter sleep in the bedroom and we tried out the full size Murphy bed in the living room. It was better, but again we were so squished. We just couldn't do it. Bunk bed mattress was a bit more comfy, so I slept on the bottom bunk. LOL. I just couldn't do the bed in the bedroom. We go in September so it's hot and humid. And it rained quite a bit. Well, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, every dried. It was so humid that even our clothes in the closet were damp. The sheets were always damp. We had to get our towels laundered because they wouldn't dry. I think that cost us around $60. We could have taken them to the laundry area and done them ourselves, but it would have been such a hassle. We had a golf cart for the first day. That's all we could afford. They are crazy expensive. If we had one for the whole trip it might have been better. I don't think we would stay there again.

Sorry I rambled for so long. Looking forward to your next post.

Hey there!

That is so awesome!!!! I still maintain that Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do was the best thing I ever ate in my whole life. I wish they would bring it back. We need to start a letter writing campaign! I love that you made it happen even though it was no longer on the menu. :thumbsup2

It is never quite the same trying to recreate those meals at home. Why is that? Like you said, I would even know where to begin on making the pork the way they do.

That is such a shame about your experience at Fort Wilderness. It seems like you need to bring a lot with you and do too much to stay there. Seems like more trouble than it's worth. At least with the family suites at AOA there is now another option for bigger families to have more room to spread out.

Thanks for the review of the tea. Not something you hear too much about, but I think my daughter would like it. Any idea if they take tables in wonderland? That would certainly help with the prices.

They do take TIW! It was a big help with the price when we went there last year. I hated not having TIW this trip. I talked myself out of getting APs and TIW this trip because I wasn't sure if we would be back within the year, but now it looks like we definitely will be and I'm feeling very foolish for not getting it on the last trip. *facepalm*

So I had a plan for after tea. The plan was to go to Poly and check out Trader Sam's and spend some time there and then go to MK because I had a Fastpass for Peter Pan, SDMT and Wishes starting around 7. Rob had to fight me on this plan. He wanted to go to MK now and wait in line for SDMT, maybe do another ride or two and then go to Poly to check out Trader Sam's. No. This is a bad plan. This will take more time. Why wait for SDMT now when we can Fastpass it later and why not go to Trader Sam's right at opening rather than wait until 6 or 7 when more people will be there. And in this scenario there are no fireworks.

He fought against my perfect planning very hard and in the end won.

We went to MK and got in the crazy line for SDMT. We waited in line for almost an hour, got just outside the doors to the inside queue area and they closed the ride due to possible storms. We waited in line for 20 more minutes hoping they would reopen, but they never did and we got out of line over an hour later still having never done the ride this trip. Guess which of the seven dwarves I was feeling like at this moment? :laughing: All the stand by lines were huge, so we left the park with me being highly grumpy and full of 'I told you sos' for Rob.

We took the monorail back to Poly and went to Trader Sam's, which now had a long wait (I told you so) and decided to go upstairs and see if there was room for us at the bar at Tambu Lounge. We got two seats at the one corner of the bar and settled in for some drinks and some snacks.

We had a great time spending some time at the lounge here on our last trip and vowed to eat here again. Even though I was unhappy about the way our original plans went for the evening, I was glad we were eating here again.

I started with an Island Sunset. Seven Tiki Spiced Rum, PARROT BAY Coconut Rum, melon and peach combined with guava-passion fruit juice.

Rob had his favorite. The Lapu Lapu. Myers's Original Dark Rum and tropical fruit juices served in a fresh pineapple topped with Bacardi 151 Rum.

The lovely view of the tiki butt behind us. :rotfl2:

Rob loves a Mai Tai and he really loves the ones they serve at Disney, so that was his second drink of the evening.

For food Rob ordered the pork sliders we loved here so much last time. Kona Coffee Barbecued Pork topped with slaw.

He had to promise to let me have one. These were once again delicious! I love the slaw on these. The crunch takes it to another level.

I ordered something new for me. The pulled pork nachos. Polynesian chips topped with pork, cheese, pineapple salsa and spicy Mayonnaise.

Oh my goodness! These were phenomenal! It was a nice mix of wonton chips and kettle chips. I loved the pineapple salsa and the melted cheese. I normally don't care for mayo, but this spicy mayo was totally different and unique. I let Rob share these with me and he loved them too.

Sadly I was way too full for the 'Ohana Bread Pudding, which they also serve in the lounge for a bargain at $4.99, but don't fear, there is plenty of that to come. :thumbsup2

Tambu Lounge is one of our new favorite spots! They have fun fruity drinks and lots of yummy food that is way better than your typical bar menu. It is definitely worth checking out if you have some free time one evening!

I'm sure you know this already, but your plan sounded perfect to me ; ) Despite the mine train debacle, it looks like from a food and drink perspective the evening was saved. Your drinks and apps at Tambu look amazing, and I'm guessing they are significantly cheaper than anything at Trader Sam's too. Can't wait to try it out next month!

Love the tambu lounge and that island sunset isn't hubby's favorite drink there!

Jeri, another Jersey Girl here. We were at Disney the same week. We got there on Sunday instead of Saturday. I know that because we watched Little River Band as well. We were also at MK on that Monday. That was brutally hot week. Much warmer than when we have gone before in May. We were at Wilderness Lodge Villas and used the pool almost every day too.

Those pulled pork nachos at Tambu look delicious! Definitely on my to do list for December!

Omg. I would be so annoyed with my DH. My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it! I think because I plan our trips I expect him to just, go with it and not ask any questions LOL

Those nachos are so good! You can also get them from Captain Cook's (I had them during our trip in May from there) Glad you enjoyed them as well!

WHY do the not listen to us??!! Do the never learn that we know best lol??
At least the day wasn't a total loss, those nachos look delicious!! DH and I are staying at the Poly for part of our Jan. trip and I'm going to have to try them. And that Island Sunset sounds like it's right up my alley :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter