Ohana: breakfast or dinner?

BDemps7

Earning My Ears
Hello!

My family and I will be taking our first trip in March! We currently have a reservation for breakfast at Ohana, as well as a reservation for dinner at Ohana during our stay. Due to budgetary restrictions, we will need to drop one of these.

I’m aware that Ohana is a character meal for breakfast, but I’ve heard how great the food is for dinner. We already have another character meal during this stay (breakfast at Chef Mickey’s) that we are really looking forward to.

My question, which reservation should we keep? I am excited to hear your opinions. Thanks!

The breakfast at Ohana's is nothing special... eggs/bacon/sausage/hash browns/waffles/fruit/breads (all you can eat)... don't get me wrong.. its REALLY good but for what it is... I love breakfast so i typically enjoy eating breakfast there. Breakfast at Chef Mickey's will be similar..

I would pick dinner over breakfast.. but that's just me! You just have so many more options for dinner...

If budget is a great concern I personally will drop Ohana dinner. To me Ohana dinner is like spending money for a brand new Mercedes Benz but they serve you a Yugo instead. Food is like a Russian Roulette but the problem is the revolver has only 1 or 2 empty chambers. The rest are loaded with screws. I don’t want to get screwed.

Do you have other Character breakfasts? If so, I would drop the breakfast because the food is the same food you get at pretty much any of the breakfast places. We have had dinner there 6 or 7 times and have never had bad food. It is a must do on our trips.

Given a choice, I would choose dinner over breakfast, esp. since you already have a CM breakfast planned. As mco65 mentioned, the breakfast is nothing special. Dinner IMO immerses you more into the Ohana spirit. Just be sure to be hungry when you go.

The breakfast was nothing special. limited options (set menu, not a buffet) and overpriced because of the characters. I'd try dinner instead.

I vote keeping dinner and ditching breakfast. If anyone in your party is excited to meet lilo and stitch then that might be a deciding factor. If not then you will have your other character breakfast.

One plus of the dinner reservation would be to actually take time to explore the resort -- one of the original WDW resorts. Just a walk around the grounds is amazing, a couple great shops. If your timing is good then you can actually watch the fireworks on the beach. Trader Sams is something to look into - check out some youtube -- and kids can go in there until 8pm.

I feel breakfast will be a push to finish and likely head off to the park, whereas dinner could be a great end to the day and a way to experience the resort.

We have eaten at Ohana's many times both breakfast and dinner. To answer your question on which to do, we eat dinner twice every trip at Ohana's. We love the food and the atmosphere,

I would drop both. If you are already doing Chef Mickey's, there's no reason to do O'hana breakfast unless you are huge Lilo an Stitch fans. We've been to O'hana dinner at least a dozen times over the last 10 years and on our last trip in December 2017, it was really bad. Terrible service, greasy food and lackluster entertainment. We were there for 90 minutes and they never did any of the games with the kids. I would save your money and choose something else entirely.

Breakfast isn't anything special IMO. There are many better options at WDW. The selections are very limited and no better quality than the typical quick service breakfast.

Last I heard they replaced the bacon with ham at the O'hana breakfast. This would be the deciding factor with my family.

I really enjoy both.

Breakfast advantages:
The only place I know of where you can meet Lilo AND Stitch
Breakfast is delicious and I normally hate breakfast foods.
'Ohana is a less expensive character breakfast than other options
You can pair 'Ohana breakfast with a late start day where you sleep in a bit then go to the MK

Dinner advantages:
Live entertainment during dinner
Great atmosphere, lively and fun
Games for the kids
Great, simple food
An early dinner at 'Ohana leads perfectly to a leisurely evening at the MK (while you digest all that food!)

Dinner is considerably more than breakfast, so factor that into your choice.
Which one fits your plans better?

If I were forced to pick, I'd keep dinner.

Ohana dinner was the worst meal we have had at Disney in the last 6 years.

We have never done breakfast so I can't comment on that.

I would definitely keep 'Ohana dinner. We've been known to do it twice in a week! Honestly, and I realize you didn't give this as a choice, but I'd drop Chef Mickey's and keep both meals at 'Ohana. While my girls love Chef Mickey's, I hate it. Full disclosure, we are big Poly and Lilo and Stitch fans. Mickey and Pluto have always been great here too!

Keep the dinner.

We did both this last trip and dinner was the absolute highlight meal of the whole trip. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. Breakfast was a blast because we had really good character interactions, but the food was definitely nothing special.

The dinner is about 900 times better than the breakfast IMO.

Ohana for dinner is the one meal we do every trip. Between the noodles, potstickers and chicken, even my baby great nieces enjoy eating there.

Ohana dinner is a must do for us every trip. While breakfast was fine (and we love Stitch) it's basically the same food as any other breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter