'Ohana flavors

Jewel3k

Mouseketeer
My Dh does not like pineapple. Is this a main taste profile in the restaurant?

Not in my opinion. My husband doesn't like any main courses to taste sweet and we had no issues even though there's some of that. Pineapple was not a flavor I remember.

He would want to avoid the bread, for sure, and possibly the noodles (the description says "tossed with peanut sauce and pineapple" but I don't remember ever tasting pineapple in the noodles...maybe it is new since our last visit in late October?). Regardless, I wouldn't say it is the major element.

I agree that the bread was the most obvious dish with a pineapple profile. I really didn't notice it in anything else. The meats didn't seem terribly sweet to me. When I looked through my cookbooks and online, none of the meat marinades contained pineapple. In terms of the starters (potstickers, salad, noodles), I don't remember pineapple in the noodles either, so it might only be juice used in the dressing/glaze. No pineapple in the potstickers or the salad, though there might be some citrus used. The dessert was bread pudding; no pineapple in it.

Overall, I'd say some things might have a citrus component (like lemon juice), but no much is overtly pineapple in flavor (except the bread).

Some of the drinks from the bar contain pineapple juice (like the one served in a pineapple), but those can be easily skipped.

IMO the only item at O'hana (dinner) that had the slightest pineapple taste was the welcome bread. We didn't get ours until the END of the meal as I think the servers must have been switching shifts and we were too stuffed to eat more than just a small bite! I think your husband will have more than enough food to satisfy himself besides the bread! I love that you get lots of meat and I love all the dipping sauces...drool!

Thank you! We are less than a month out from 180 days, so must finalize plans.

I'd have to agree. I didn't think Pineapple had much to do with Ohanas. The first bread is sweet and may be avoided.

However beyond that it, there is no pineapple. The noodles essentially are lomein in style and taste. The veggies are just amazing--fresh and salted. The meats are fire roasted. Oh, and the dessert--our favorite. The bread pudding:)
What can I say other than it is pure goodness with fresh caramel and creme anglaise sauce. Again, if there is supposedly any pineapple, it cannot be tasted but I don't think there is. It is just pure heaven (although often you are so full, you have to force yourself to eat it). OHanas is our absolute favorite. Give it a try. I think your husband will love it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter