Ohana for vegetarians?

hart6066

DIS Veteran
We may have a vegetarian joining us, but the person is also very picky and may just be fine with the noodles/veggie sides. Do they add anything for a vegetarian guest or just bring more of those 2 sides? We are going on an extremely busy day (Christmas!) so I want to try to minimize add on requests!

Thank you!

Can't answer your question but if it was me those two items would do me just fine with the bread and dessert.

When we have been there the 'Ohana chef was very accommodating for parties with special requirements. Worst case scenario they can just have the Bread Pudding dessert. :)

Went here this past Feb (2018) and didn't feel like eating meat that night so I said I was vegetarian.

They brought everything out for my dining party but then brought me my own noodles and a big bowl (I mean this could have fed a family of 4) bowl of the veggies mixed with potatoes and tofu. I was also asked if I would some rice, but I was just fine with the noodles.

All very good, simple but good and flavorful.

My sister is a vegetarian and has gone with us to 'Ohana, they brought her out a separate dish with tofu which she said was very good.

They are actually really good for vegetarians, they have also been known to bring a selection of houmous for starters, then separate tofu main. The sauce is a bit sweet but its a huge portion.

Honestly, tofu sounds really good! I've read many mixed reviews on the meat items there.

Wonder if they have vegetarian pot stickers too? I love dumplings from time to time, but not ones with pork (too heavy tasting if there's too much in them).

Sounds like you can get a decent meal; I'd go for it!

My wife is a vegetarian and loves Ohana. What the previous posters have said is spot on. Extra noodles and vegetables with tofu

Huh. You know that you could have just asked for extra noodles and veggies? They’ll bring you as much as you want of any of the dishes. The allergy/special diets accommodations are meant for people who actually can’t have a certain food or ingredient, and like the ride accommodations they will stop doing it or change what they do if too many people are abusing it. Please save the special diets for the people who actually need them.

I agree with you about the allergy menu. But to be fair, being a vegetarian is a choice for 99.9% of people but Disney still treats it like a special diets menu.

Extremely accommodating there! Chef Boone, if he’s working, will make sure your needs are met and you won’t be hungry! He was amazing with my son’s food allergies. I know preferences and allergies are different, but I also know that the chefs there are awesome!! You’ll be fine!

I went there last year as a vegan and was served so much delicious food. I had the salad, a hummus and flatbread appetizer, I also got the humongous bowl of noddles, veggies, potatoes and tofu as well as vegan desert with dairy free ice cream, cookies and fresh berries. It was very good and I left stuffed.

Huh. You know that you could have just asked for extra noodles and veggies? They’ll bring you as much as you want of any of the dishes. The allergy/special diets accommodations are meant for people who actually can’t have a certain food or ingredient, and like the ride accommodations they will stop doing it or change what they do if too many people are abusing it. Please save the special diets for the people who actually need them.

They didn't have to give me anything special, and could have just given me extra veggie and noodles and I would have been happy with that.

They wanted to make sure (as all Disney restaurants do) that I was well taken care of and left satisfied. A lot of people (like myself) do not eat much meat but aren't exactly 100% vegetarian. So how is this abusing it? All they did was add potatoes and tofu to a veggie mix (which I loved!), so that I would not have to share with my party.

I think more people asking for the tofu dish is a good thing. If Disney sees there is more demand for meat alternatives they might add more of those choices to their menus. Disney should keep updating their offerings to keep up with changing customer tastes and demands. Why keep tofu on a “secret” menu anyway?

It’s the moral equivalent of claiming your pet is a service dog so you can bring it places with you
No. It's Not.

Good lord, she didn't want to eat meat at that meal, at a restaurant that has extra meatless options available to those who want or need them.

I have Crohn's Disease so I get being sensitive about people overusing the "food allergies," but this isn't that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter