• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana late breakfast question..

KMP12

Mouseketeer
We would really like to try ohana breakfast next trip..thinking like a late breakfast. Our son has special needs and is very particular about breakfast. Lunch and dinner is much easier with him. If we did a breakfast closer to lunch time do you think there's any way they'd bring a kids plate from Kona Cafe next door? Or even just a bowl of the Mac and cheese? I know it probably not an option but we want to try their breakfast so bad!

I think that is highly unlikely. Is it possible there might be one thing that he would really enjoy off the breakfast menu, as they let you order more of what you like. As I recall, there are waffles, egg, bacon, sausage, ham, fruit, and a pineapple bread. And of course POG juice. Even if he does not eat there, you would still have to pay for his meal. If that doesn't bother you, you could always
feed him before, if you thought he would be willing to sit while you eat.

They are't likely to fulfull your request but it can't hurt to ask. If they can't do it, you can always pick up an order of the mac and cheese from Kona to go and eat it at your table in 'Ohana.

I know they do this at dinner. You can order a hot dog, mac and cheese, etc (and of course still pay the full price). They are able to do this because the kitchen is open at Kona and Captain Cook's.

I've had your same question though as my daughter is pretty picky and would likely not eat the breakfast foods. If you did a late breakfast near lunch then those kitchens would be open then too. I do plan to try this as an experiment in November as I'm taking my daughter and will be on the dining plan so I don't feel *quite* as bad if it doesn't work out lol (yes I know I am still paying either way but it's a psychological thing).

I know they do this at dinner. You can order a hot dog, mac and cheese, etc (and of course still pay the full price). They are able to do this because the kitchen is open at Kona and Captain Cook's.

I've had your same question though as my daughter is pretty picky and would likely not eat the breakfast foods. If you did a late breakfast near lunch then those kitchens would be open then too. I do plan to try this as an experiment in November as I'm taking my daughter and will be on the dining plan so I don't feel *quite* as bad if it doesn't work out lol (yes I know I am still paying either way but it's a psychological thing).
We have the dining plan too! So it's worth a try lol. We thought a late breakfast since the restaurant next door would have lunch options? We have never been able to do a wdw breakfast and want to try it so bad!

We have the dining plan too! So it's worth a try lol. We thought a late breakfast since the restaurant next door would have lunch options? We have never been able to do a wdw breakfast and want to try it so bad!
what would be your plan if they can not bring a lunch at your time?

Just charge our dining credit and bring in something to get him by
will he be able to sit and wait while others are eating. there could be some time before other place opens for lunch. even if it opens soon after your ressie time there will be time between. even if you mobile order I would make pickup for at least 15 minutes after your ressie in case you are seated late

Are you absolutely set on wanting Ohana or are you open to other breakfast options? I have a pretty picky eater and we do better with buffets or going somewhere like Whispering Canyon for lunch so that we can still get the breakfast skillet but we can also order a kids lunch meal. I kind of think breakfast is breakfast so I would personally not find it worth it to waste a credit when you could go somewhere else with those dining credits.

Not for nothing, but on YouTube dis unlimited just posted a video about breakfast here. And they destroyed them. Lots of bad things. Just a heads up.

I wouldn't count on them being able to get something from another restaurant. They might be able to, but I wouldn't rely on it.

I think they would be able to make your son his own plate with exactly what he wants, rather than eating out of the skillet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter