Ohana menu change?!

well that seals it for us! service has been spotty lately, entertainment cut back, and now the noodle which were the main thing DD likes on the menu. Guess one less TS I have to hunt for. Thank for letting us know so I won't waste my time this week when I book our dining!

What a disappointment! We have a reservation there next week...hope nothing else changes between now and then!

:worried: That's a bummer. We have a dinner reservation that I've been on the fence about already due to the costs and other changes since the last time we were there. I think this may seal the deal and I'll put that money towards a dessert party instead.

Thanks for the heads up!

Wonder why the change. The noodles weren’t life changing but enjoyed universally as a signature Ohana dish. Rice must be cheaper?

Is this for real? We arrive on Tuesday and this is the one meal my vegetarian daughter requested mainly for those noodles!

Noooooooooooooo. I have been craving those noodles since I left over two years ago. It's part of the reason Ohana is on our ADR must return list for our 12/19 trip. If they got rid of the noodles, I'm gonna revolt.

Last edited:

I just left the restaurant and the rice is a curry fried rice with some edamame in it... and we all hated it. NO NOODLES!!! The server mentioned we should tell the manager. The manager said it was “trying something new”. I told her that it was a deal breaker for us as my kids eat the noodles as their main. I mentioned I was following online and we would cancel our April reservation if the noodles did not return. We were so disappointed. If this remains, it ends a 25 year run of our favorite dinner on property. I survived the gratin potato loss to noodles years ago.... but the rice was not at all to our taste!

Does Ohana have a direct line? Can we call and complain? All I want to do on the last night of my trip is sit and stare at the castle while eating noodles and dreaming about the next time I'll do it.

I just left the restaurant and the rice is a curry fried rice with some edamame in it... and we all hated it. NO NOODLES!!! The server mentioned we should tell the manager. The manager said it was “trying something new”. I told her that it was a deal breaker for us as my kids eat the noodles as their main. I mentioned I was following online and we would cancel our April reservation if the noodles did not return. We were so disappointed. If this remains, it ends a 25 year run of our favorite dinner on property. I survived the gratin potato loss to noodles years ago.... but the rice was not at all to our taste!

How strong did you find the curry to be? My kids will eat fried rice, but not if it has too strong of a curry flavor. I, too, was on the fence about my reservation here, but it's quintessential Disney. Now, I'm thinking we need to have a back up plan in place. I'm 51 days out from my trip. Not sure if there's enough time for people to be outraged enough for Disney to bring the noodles back.

Does Ohana have a direct line? Can we call and complain? All I want to do on the last night of my trip is sit and stare at the castle while eating noodles and dreaming about the next time I'll do it.
I so feel you on this. Last night of our trip. We had been looking forward to this meal all week ... leaving very unsatisfied and I polled all 8 of our party and we all agree the loss of noodles was a deal breaker. I did notice salad had changed, but it was fine... not as good as previous version, but we still enjoyed it.

How strong did you find the curry to be? My kids will eat fried rice, but not if it has too strong of a curry flavor. I, too, was on the fence about my reservation here, but it's quintessential Disney. Now, I'm thinking we need to have a back up plan in place. I'm 51 days out from my trip. Not sure if there's enough time for people to be outraged enough for Disney to bring the noodles back.
VERY STRONG! I like curry, but it was overpowering. I literally ate one bite. It was not good.

It was so bad that I immediately googled this as I had not seen this change talked about anywhere. I’m currently on a boat back to wilderness lodge typing this. We won’t be back as long as the rice remains! You guys can have our reservation. We are not super picky... but it was just not good.

VERY STRONG! I like curry, but it was overpowering. I literally ate one bite. It was not good.

It was so bad that I immediately googled this as I had not seen this change talked about anywhere. I’m currently on a boat back to wilderness lodge typing this. We won’t be back as long as the rice remains! You guys can have our reservation. We are not super picky... but it was just not good.
How odd. I love curry but can’t imagine curry fried rice going well with their menu.

That stinks!!! Because the Luau has the fried rice and I like to do Ohana and the Luau, and now it's too similar!
Ahhh that may explain the change. If both are doing rice it’s less work for the kitchen/less food that the chef has to order. And the addition of curry makes it different enough from the luau rice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter