'Ohana New or Old menu

Which do you think you like better

• Old menu with Skewers and Noodles

Votes: 129 94.9%
  • New menu with Rice and Shrimp Casserole

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
Hey if shrimp casserole followed by a spin in the tea cups doesn't say vacation I don’t know what does.
"Shrimp casserole" could be code for a..."protein spill." "We got a shrimp casserole in cabin 4 over here at Mission Space...Orange."
In other words, a spin in the tea cups followed by shrimp casserole. :scared1:

I vote for the OLD old menu (pre-2017) before they invoked the lower food quality/turbo dining experience. Hopefully what's coming back will be good. I'll let y'all try it first and let me know. :)

The new menu sounds disgusting even though the noodles are back. Shrimp casserole and 100 degree weather? Nope. And whoever thinks sausage belongs on that menu should be cut loose and sent home.
As a sausage aficionado I take offense to this comment. Abe Forman would like to have a word with you.

The old menu. Bring back the skewers. Actually, I want the very old menu. Bring back the skewers that had the good stuff.

Neither. New menu isn't appealing and old menu was appalling. I am stymied why people loved it. It was just gross.
Have to agree. Never understood the appeal.
I've eaten at several brazilian steakhouse type restaurants which I would say their style of serving seems based upon and Ohanas pales in comparison.
At least in the past, were rushed way too much to enjoy the experience.
I'm happy to pass and let some body else have my spot.

Have to agree. Never understood the appeal.
I've eaten at several brazilian steakhouse type restaurants which I would say their style of serving seems based upon and Ohanas pales in comparison.
At least in the past, were rushed way too much to enjoy the experience.
I'm happy to pass and let some body else have my spot.

Last time we ate at ‘Ohana the check showed up before the first skewer arrived and no drinks refilled after that.

Let’s just say the tip suffered for that gaffe. Normally I’m a generous tipper because 1 worked in a restaurant as a kid, 2 close friends own a restaurant and while visiting during summer season many times put on an apron and did the needful. So I understand how hard people in front and in back of house work. But a server giving you the bums rush like that to turn over the table is never acceptable.

churrascaria’s are normally relaxed places to eat and as Ohana was very popular one would have thought while destroying the beautiful lobby they might have expanded Ohana by relocating Kona Cafe or a dozen other ideas.

it always seems that this management team never wants to invest in successful concepts, it’s always about financial engineering. They wanted more profit from Ohana so instead of expanding as a normal business would they cheapened the offering greatly, Assuming ‘they are only tourists, they will never know the difference’.

Remember the ‘Tonga Toast’ kerfuffle, they went to sandwich bread ‘to simplify ordering’. You have a signature dish which used a unique ingredient. Why in the name of finagle would one change it. Except to save a few and i mean a few bucks because bread is not expensive.

this change is no different cheapen the product and raise the price.

As I keep saying the only way to fix Disney is not to go. DVC’ers need to withhold their MF’s and demand changes while placing their MF’s in escrow.

As a sausage aficionado I take offense to this comment. Abe Forman would like to have a word with you.
I’m pretty sure Abe Forman the sausage king would not even recognize this as a sausage, more as a stuffed meat product.... sort of along the line if ‘cheese food product’

The new menu sounds disgusting even though the noodles are back. Shrimp casserole and 100 degree weather? Nope. And whoever thinks sausage belongs on that menu should be cut loose and sent home.

Spam at least would be authentic, because in Hawaii and other pacific islands the people there LOVE SPAM, and cook with it in unique ways, one way its to crisscross the top with a knife put cloves in where the cuts intersect glaze with apricot jam and bake for 35 mins at 375 it’s surprising good done like a little ham.

I’m pretty sure Abe Forman the sausage king would not even recognize this as a sausage, more as a stuffed meat product.... sort of along the line if ‘cheese food product’
Abe Froman says theres a place at Disney for a stuffed meat product, Froman meat packing makes.05 for every stuffed meat product sold. Don’t get him started on Impossible or Beyond sausage though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter