O'hana Opinions

Im now convinced that California Grill needs to happen instead of O'hana! I truly don't know what I was thinking about attempting to do that on our Anniversary. After stalking trip advisor photos, Cali has won out and I will definitely be making this ADR when my 180 opens up. It looks beautiful and hopefully we can snag a time later in the evening to catch the fireworks!!!
How are your traveling? Travel day is full of uncontrollable delays. Are you pretty to pay the no show fee if you can not make your ADR at Ca Grill?

It was $250 for my family of 5 to eat there in January and I would compare the quality to Panda Express. They ended up having to bring chicken nuggets for all of my kids who only liked the potstickers & the steak. Not worth it. Which was disappointing because it was somewhere I always wanted to try.

It was $250 for my family of 5 to eat there in January and I would compare the quality to Panda Express. They ended up having to bring chicken nuggets for all of my kids who only liked the potstickers & the steak. Not worth it. Which was disappointing because it was somewhere I always wanted to try.

'Ohana is the classic "pixie dust" restaurant.

The food is average on a good day, but folks just love, love, love it anyway.

Yes on the Panda Express comment.

We like 'Ohana and if you are on a DP then it is worth a TS credit. If not we find a la carte restaurants to be a much better deal.

You will get better food at your local Chinese buffet for $10 than you will at 'Ohana for $50.

LOL! The last time we ate there and it was so bad, I really had a hard time looking at that bill. It sank in even more when we went to Artist Point (the fabulous, old signature AP) and the bill was almost the same but the food quality and service were far above and beyond what we had at O'hana. That's when I swore, "never again!"

OP, I would take a look at the fireworks schedule for MK, EP and DHS for the night you want to dine and try to time your ADR out accordingly. Also, if you end up eating there earlier, you can always show your receipt and go back up for the fireworks.

Can you guys give me your honest feedback about O'hana? I was thinking about booking this for dinner for our upcoming trip as we have never eaten here before. I remember in years past there were complaints about the chicken...something about Disney switching to thighs instead of white meat? Is that still the case?

We were there last week and everything was very good...chicken was nicely seasoned and the beef was tender..the shrimp was excellent..this is one of our favorites and we have been there many times and have not had a bad experience.I must say that I thought twice about making this last reservation because of some of the negative reviews. I noticed that it made Pete's top 5 on the Dis Dining show. I would give it a try

Can you get Bread Pudding at Kona Cafe? That is all we really enjoyed about ohana dinner

Im now convinced that California Grill needs to happen instead of O'hana! I truly don't know what I was thinking about attempting to do that on our Anniversary. After stalking trip advisor photos, Cali has won out and I will definitely be making this ADR when my 180 opens up. It looks beautiful and hopefully we can snag a time later in the evening to catch the fireworks!!!
I think you made a good decision! Having eaten at both I can say the food quality at CG is worlds above Ohana and the atmosphere is much more appropriate for an anniversary dinner. Ohana wasn’t terrible for us, but it wasn’t great either. We had a long wait to be seated and food was mediocre at best. Glad we did it once, but no rush to get back. CG on the other hand was the best meal of our trip! You really can’t beat that view.

Ohana was always at MUST for my daughters and I but we were very disappointed in January. I agree with others that the experience has gone downhill in both food quality and service. Sadly, it is not our our "to do" list in May.

When we visit WDW with now 13 y/o DGD we're required to either eat at 'Ohana or if staying at Poly order the Twilight Feast via room service. That experience is one of her favs at Disney. When the man and I visit w/o kiddos in tow we never eat there. Pretty sure the main course chicken is brined to make it more tender but I don't recall if chicken breast is included or not. Glazed chicken wings (center joint) are served on the appetizer platter.

Since you are traveling with your 9 y/o and celebrating an anniversary you might consider Wine Bar George as a good fairly reasonably cost 2nd choice for both age groups.

Last edited:
It's so overrated. The food isn't that great, service is mediocre, don't count on your table being ready anytime near your ADR, it's loud, crowded. Not worth it at all.

DH and I went to Ohana and Cali this week for dinner - totally different experiences but both had great food. The food and service at Ohana was much better than it was when we visited in January, so maybe it is hit or miss. We were able to get at 8pm reservation at Cali the next night, so saw the 9:15 fireworks. We split a filet entree and a couple of appetizers and that was plenty of food! Cali is much more elegant, but Ohana was a lot of fun. Fyi, We had better luck getting ADRs the week of then we did 180 days out.

I agree that the food of 'Ohana has improved with a special shout out for the noodles and salad. More and different veggies in both. We ate there most recently last week, and before that, during our Thanksgiving trip. I've never had a problem with over cooked meat there nor chewiness (medium rare thank you kindly) so maybe it's just luck of the draw. As well no "dumping" of food on the table; the only courses on the table at the same time for us was the bread and salad courses, and the appetizer platter and meats. Each came separately and the server with the meat skewers always asked if we wanted more instead of making the choice for us. Fun family meal but certainly CG is a better setting for the OP's suggested wants, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter