Ohana or Cali Grill for Dinner & Wishes

ibcnu

Mouseketeer
I'm taking my daughters (19 and 13) to Disney this year. We are not getting park hoppers, room only and spending 1 day at Epcot. We are going in August and staying at the Beach Club, so we plan on taking advantage of all things OUTSIDE the parks.

On that note, I want to take the girls to see Wishes one night. I have dinner reservations as follows:

7:45pm California Grill at Contemporary
8:30pm – Ohana at Polynesian Resort
9:10pm California Grill at Contemporary

Wishes will go off at 10pm. Which restaurant will be the ideal spot to view Wishes. I don't want to hold onto 3 of these reservations, which will open 2 up for others, but want to make sure I'm making the right decision.

We don't mind eating late either if 9:10pm at Cali Grill is the more ideal time. We figure we'll have a late lunch, hang out at Stormalong Bay until 5pm or so, then get read for dinner.

I'm just concerned that if I keep the 9:10pm, that there would be backup of people on the 2nd floor trying to get up to the restaurant and we would miss Wishes. I'm not concerned about getting a table window at that time either because we will just get up and watch from the balcony.

A reservation at 7:45pm would make for a nice, leisurely dinner, then onto the balcony and wait for Illuminations, but that's over 2 hours later, I'm not sure dinner would take that long, even if we stretch it out.

Ohana sounds fun, the girls would get a kick out of the dinner activities, but we would miss seeing Wishes from the beach and will be in the restaurant. How is the view from here? Better than the 15th floor balcony at the Contemporary?

OR I was thinking of not even bothering with dinner reservations, instead going to HDDR (they have never been there) and then taking the ferry to Contemporary or onto the Polynesian beach to watch Wishes from there.

So many options!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter