• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana or Raglan Road?

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I am having a tough time deciding between these two. We tried Ohana last trip and I loved it. DH and DD6 thought it was okay and wouldn't mind doing it again. We have not tried Raglan Road but it looks really good. Is the bread pudding as good at Raglan Road? The reviews seem to be mixed on RR. Some look great, some not so great. (I guess you could say the same about Ohana though)

Thanks!

My girlfriend and I did both this past May. RR was ok, not great but not awful. I thought the accoustics in the restaurant were pretty bad and the music sounded pretty muffled but was still pretty good. The food was ok for what it was, but the quality and execution could have been better. I liked the bread pudding better here.

We found 'Ohana to be an all around awful experience. Our waiter was horrible, the meats and poultry were so dry that not even the sauces could help, the other food tasted like it was out of the freezer section of a supermarket (and then the directions on the package were ignored), the "entertainment" for the kids was obnoxious and annoying to say the least. Long story short, not even a nice view of Wishes from our table and a great chef who came to talk to my girlfriend about her food allergy options (peanuts/treenuts) could convince us to give it another try.

In general, for every positive review you read, you can find a negative review. We always find it better to go out and form your own opinion. We are also the types who like to try new things, so we would suggest giving RR a try.

Personally I think the quality of food is better at Raglan. It is also a different atmosphere. Although there are a lot of kids, it is a pub atmosphere. We enjoyed our meal here and loved the live music. We had a long wait to get it though. My signature file has my dining review in case you are interested (October 2007).

I enjoy Ohana, but the food is only so-so and I think it has gotten crazier and crazier there.

I liked both. I thought the bread pudding at Raglan Road was better than Ohana. Whatever you decide I don't think you can go wrong.:thumbsup2

These are probably my two favorite restaurants at Disney.. so let me just say whatever you choose will be wonderful in my opinion!! Raglan Road was a fun atmosphere and had amazing food. I didn't try their bread pudding but i did try the creme brulee which was the most amazing thing I ate at Disney (this coming from a pastry chef in training! :goodvibes ) Ohana might be a bit more kid friendly, but Raglan Road has music and Irish step dancing which is fun and it might be nice to try something new!

Have a wonderful time!!

Raglan Road is phenomenal. We love their beer (best on property). For appetizers we like the scallop forest and the the crock of pate. Entrees, Sirloin steak, It's Not Bleedin' Chowder (best dish at WDW) and Kevin's heavenly ham. Dessert - bread pudding and the pavlova, they are both to die for.

Blows 'Ohanas out of the water any day.

Based purely on the quality of the food, Raglan Road blows away 'Ohana...it is just so much better. I also think the atmosphere at Raglan Road is better. My family loves it. We have eaten there about 5 times and we have never had a bad meal there. The servers are just wonderful. It is very kid freindly. They gave my DD a free t-shirt last time we were there. The girl happened to be walking past our table with t-shirts for the store in front and handed my DD one in her size. She also gave them to the kids at the tables around us. My DD was so excited and she LOVES the Irish step dancer. The bread pudding is my favorite dessert pretty much anywhere. The dalkey duo appetizer is a favorite of my kids. I believe you can get it as an entree on the kids menu.

On the other hand, we had one great meal at 'Ohana and then 3 dissapointing, pretty mediocore meals at 'Ohana. Also, the service at 'Ohana is spotty at best. We have decided to take it off our list for good. I think we just kept trying to recapture that 1st great meal we had there and just keep ending up dissapointed. Even my sons (12 & 14) last trip complained about how dry the meats were and they eat anything!

This isn't even a contest--Raglan Road is much better. And I can vouch for their Bread Pudding-delicious!!

I have to say this is no contest....I'll take Ohana anyday! It is always my 1st ADR. I have even started making their praline bread pudding at home. It is to die for!

Raglan Road definitely! Great food, great atmosphere. We found 'Ohana to be way overrated. Maybe my expectations were too high based on reviews I'd read, but we weren't impressed and won't be back.

Love Raglan Road!!! The bread pudding is phenomenal! The food isn't standard fare but we have always found things we like.

I can't speak for Ohana, but we spent 10 nights on the Deluxe Plan in August, and Raglan Road was the best 1 credit dinner we had while there. Really fresh ingredients and foods. They are the first review in my Dining report in my signature

Another vote for RR. It is a must do ADR on our list, athough Ohana is too, that is just mainly for DH and I will refuse to go here next time. We love the atmosphere and food both at RR. I am a vegetarian and although they have added a veggie dish, I still have to have their mac and cheese. It is very good, its on the kids menu, but they will make an adult sized portion. Very good and I reccomend that if you have a kiddo. And their french fries are very yummy!

Edited to add:
I do not like RR bread pudding though. The only bread pudding I do like is Ohana, RR has whole fruit pieces in it and it is mushier. I like it without chunks and rather it overcooked. I get their way too chocolately dessert, it is too much to eat it all, but it is good. DH LOVES their creme brule.

'Ohana hands down :thumbsup2 I might be biased though since we have a Raglan Road locally that we can go to. When we're at Disney we only eat at places we can't at home.

Can you get to RR using the bus service? We are staying a CSR.

TIA!!:)

RR is located at Downtown Disney so you would just need to hop on the bus from your resort thats heading to Downtown Disney. I can't remember what side they call it but its nearish to Planet Hollywood

Another vote here for RR - we discovered it on our trip a few years back and make sure we book an ADR every time we go back.

Can't comment on Ohana as am afraid seem to have read more negative comments than positive ones and given the cost this has put us off trying it for ourselves.......

Would definitely recommend you try RR for yourselves...... if you are looking for QS we would also recommend Cookes of Dublin as their fish n' chips are incredible! :thumbsup2

I've been to both Ohana and Raglan Road and love both. That being said, my vote would have to go to Raglan Road. When I went in June 2010 I had the serious steak and it was the best meal of my trip by far! The dessert was also so good. I know a lot of people get the bread pudding, but I got a strawberry apple cobbler thing and it was AMAZING! My boyfriend and I went on a Sunday so there was no live music (which I was happy about, I don't like loud live music) so it was very pleasant and relaxing. Not only was the food awesome, but the we had the best service of our trip here as well. I was blown away not only with how well our waitress served us, but also how she dealt with the crazy children at the large table next to us. She was fabulous!

I love Ohana, but really only go for the sides and dessert since the meat doesn't thrill me there. If you want an all around amazing meal, go with Raglan Road. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter