Ohana or Whispering Canyon better for 3 year old?

KCervasio

Mouseketeer
My son will be turning 3 when we go to WDW this August and this will be his first trip. Aside from character meals, I would like to take him to either Ohana or Whispering Canyon for something different, but still fun. I've been to Whispering Canyon several times before kids, but never to Ohana. Which is better for a 3 year old? Thanks!

I've never been to Whispering Canyon so can't comment, my son enjoyed 'Ohana very much and we all like the food there.

KCervasio said:
My son will be turning 3 when we go to WDW this August and this will be his first trip. Aside from character meals, I would like to take him to either Ohana or Whispering Canyon for something different, but still fun. I've been to Whispering Canyon several times before kids, but never to Ohana. Which is better for a 3 year old? Thanks!

I would choose ohana between those two. WCC could be over stimulating for a 3 year old, especially if you want him to eat! Also, my kuds just didn't care for the food there. Ohana is quieter at your table, so you can focus on eating, but they also call up the children to do fun activities. I also like the ukulele music that's played.

Thanks everyone! Since Ohana seems to have won this round, do you think I should do breakfast or dinner? Are games still played while LILO and stitch are there in the morning or is it best to do the dinner? I assume the characters aren't present for the dinner, right?

Great to hear!! We are taking our one year old to Ohana since he loves noodles and veggies. He also really likes bread. Hoping he will enjoy it as much as we think he will!

Ohana is a great meal.

That said my heart is crushed that I cant get an ADR for Feb 28-March 4.

We didn't like WCC so much. I know some people love it , but its just not our thing, having straws, napkins thrown onto the table and at you in some cases. We had no idea of the theme/style when we first went so we were quite surprised. Having said that he food was great so if you are less fussy than us and that doesn't bother you then you may well love it.

I just did a search for this same question, except I don't have a 3 year old, I have a DH who loves meat! Which would you recommend for dinner for a guy who loves to eat, especially meat? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter