Ohana question

texas200

Mouseketeer
Does your entire party need to be present to check in? It seems like a big complaint is the wait time once you have checked in. I have 2 impatient children and we are going with a large group. Is it possible for them to play outside or stay in the room while an adult checks in?

No your entire party doesn't have to be there. The hostess just confirmed ages at check in, 2 adults, 2 kids. We had breakfast at Ohana at our last trip, we checked in at 9am for a 9:05am res. We didn't sit until 9:40am. If you do the breakfast and kids want to see Stitch, the way it worked was we checked in, got a buzzer and stood in line to meet stitch. This day, Aug 15 this year, Stitch didn't come into the restaurant, he was posted out front. After we met him (it took us 10 min to get through the line) we walked around the lobby at the Poly a bit. Sometimes I think stitch comes inside the restaurant. I will say walking around the lobby or just outside is your best bet. If they are back at the room, that could be a haul.

Disney restaurants will not check you in unless everyone is present. At 'Ohana one person can check in at the podium, but everyone has to be nearby. You'll be given a pager and everyone will have to remain within its range which was the Poly lobby. It won't work outside and definitely not as far as the resort rooms.

Disney restaurants will not check you in unless everyone is present. At 'Ohana one person can check in at the podium, but everyone has to be nearby. You'll be given a pager and everyone will have to remain within its range which was the Poly lobby. It won't work outside and definitely not as far as the resort rooms.

They will never know if people are in the room or in the gift shop. as long as they can get there in a responsible amount of time I could not see how they would know

My experience at Ohana is that the full party does not need to be there at the check in podium however they will warn you that once your pager goes off your entire party does need to be present to be seated--this was both breakfast and dinner

They will never know if people are in the room or in the gift shop. as long as they can get there in a responsible amount of time I could not see how they would know
Considering how backed up 'Ohana gets, once the pager goes off, I doubt the hostess will stand there and wait for people from the resort room to show up. They will not seat partial parties. Most likely, if not everyone is at or near the restaurant they will move on to the next group and once all of your party has arrived, you'll be seated at the next available table for your group size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter