• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana question

Soontobegoodsell

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We have a reservation for 6pm and will be hopping off the plane and basically running to the Poly to make it. Every time we've dined at Ohana, even when we've checked into the podium with a reservation, there was a wait to be seated for a while. We also scheduled a reservation for 7:15pm, but if we're going to be waiting for a while to be seated, should we just keep the 6pm reservation?

Also, if fireworks are at 8:00 PM that night at MK, with the 7:15 PM reservation we'd probably be watching it from the restaurant, right? What about the 6pm?

Do you have anything else you are rushing to that night after Ohana? If not, I would cancel the 6:00, and keep the 7:15. That way you aren't stressing yourself out about getting there. Also, it has the added benefit of watching the fireworks while you eat - which you wouldn't be able to do with the 6:00 unless you got there very late.

Do you have anything else you are rushing to that night after Ohana? If not, I would cancel the 6:00, and keep the 7:15. That way you aren't stressing yourself out about getting there. Also, it has the added benefit of watching the fireworks while you eat - which you wouldn't be able to do with the 6:00 unless you got there very late.

Do you know if they pipe the music into the restaurant? Can you see the fireworks from anywhere in the restaurant?

There are very few tables that you can see the fireworks from inside 'Ohana.

The music is not piped into the restaurant.

Okay, thank you everyone!

If we have the 6pm reservation, do you think we'll be able to get in and get out for the 8pm fireworks to watch at the beach?

I know it used to be, but wasn't done the last time I had dinner there during fireworks. Granted, this was 3 or 4 years ago, and may have been an exception.

We were t there during fireworks time last year, but two years ago they did.

You didn't mention what time your flight arrives, but please note that many folks here would advise you to allow a minimum of 3-4 hours between arrival time and ADR time (if you're using DME.) If you're grabbing a cab or Uber you could knock some time off of that. It'd certainly be a fun way to spend your first night at WDW provided that all the pieces fall into place.:)

Go with the later reservation. That way if your flight is delayed, you won't miss it.

Thank you to you all! We've gone with the later reservation even though we'll probably not see the fireworks, but that's okay! We're there for the food and drinks :)

That’s not true. If you’re at a window seat facing Seven Seas Lagoon you can see them. Saw them last time I ate there.
The op’s question was about anywhere in the restaurant. Yes if you get those window seats facing MK but the majority of the tables in the restaurant aren’t those tables. You aren’t going to see them from every table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter