'Ohana Room Service

DISNEYWITHCHILDREN

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this should be in dining or resorts-anyone order 'Ohana for room service when staying at the Poly?

Would love to know how much food comes. We are staying Club Level. And the plan is to be at the resort all day-swimming, resting and relaxing and then go to MK for EMH in the evening.

I am thinking it might be a great way to have dinner. Would love any opinions/advice!

It's a lot of food.

There have an 'adult' portion and a 'child' portion. The adult portion is more than a typical adult would comfortably eat, but that may not apply to your family. The child's portion is about half the adult portion.

For DW and I we ordered 1 adult, 1 child. Way too much food. Had lots left over for the next day. For us, even sharing an adult meal we would've had some leftovers. When you order, ask the person taking your order. They can can help you figure out what you need to order.

Be aware that you will get some of everything that's on the 'Ohana menu EXCEPT the ice cream. No ice cream on the Twilight Feast.

Steve

Thank you-that is very helpful. It will be me and 2 10 year olds. The 10 year olds are not huge eaters. Plus we do have club level. I may order just 1 adult meal. I really appreciate your response.

We found over time that 1 adult and 1 child portion met our needs for 2 adults and children of 12 and 8. There were still some leftovers (mostly the 3 meats) but since the room has a fridge they made for fine midnight snacks and early morning pigouts. Want to see an actual portion for one?

Watch these videos.
First one is 1 child portion and the vlogger must have requested no shrimp so they gave more chicken. Her children are obviously quite young ( 3 y/o and less?) Despite what she says the dessert is much smaller and she might be wrong on the potsticker count. Think we got 4 with an adult portion but watch the next vid to be sure:

This video features an adult portion:

HTH

I saw a post on Tikimans Facebook page today that apparently word has gotten out about what a great deal the Twilight Feast is and they are raising the price by $10 and cutting way back on the amount of food.

I saw a post on Tikimans Facebook page today that apparently word has gotten out about what a great deal the Twilight Feast is and they are raising the price by $10 and cutting way back on the amount of food.

I saw that too. Its a shamed that anytime anyone comments what a great deal something is Disney seems to take that as "it must not be priced high enough". The thing is, in our case it was the room service CM that suggested how much we should get based on our party. We were 2 adults and 2 teen boys. My husband was a bit skeptical and told the CM that our boys can eat a lot and the CM insisted that and order for 1 adult and 1 child would be plenty. And he was correct. From the one picture I saw of the new portions, it looks like it's about half of what our one adult order was for $10 more. And an updated menu I saw stated $50 per person, no adult and child price like what was there before. When we ordered it the price was $40 adult/$20 child. Now looks like we will need 3 adult portions for our family of 4, so instead of the $80 (including tax and gratuity) it cost us last time it will now cost over $150 for the same thing, and possibly less food.

I saw that too. Its a shamed that anytime anyone comments what a great deal something is Disney seems to take that as "it must not be priced high enough". The thing is, in our case it was the room service CM that suggested how much we should get based on our party. We were 2 adults and 2 teen boys. My husband was a bit skeptical and told the CM that our boys can eat a lot and the CM insisted that and order for 1 adult and 1 child would be plenty. And he was correct. From the one picture I saw of the new portions, it looks like it's about half of what our one adult order was for $10 more. And an updated menu I saw stated $50 per person, no adult and child price like what was there before. When we ordered it the price was $40 adult/$20 child. Now looks like we will need 3 adult portions for our family of 4, so instead of the $80 (including tax and gratuity) it cost us last time it will now cost over $150 for the same thing, and possibly less food.

Where did you see a picture of the new portion?

I saw it on Tikimans Facebook post about it.
Found it and thanks!

New Portion Size

4 pot stickers
5 shrimp
3 or 4 steak pieces (definitely have gotten smaller)
2 chicken wings
3 thighs
The noodles and stir fried vegetables portion looks much the same

Picture doesn't show dessert or salad

Since you are staying CL, DISNEYWITHCHILDREN, I'd grab a plate or 2 of the lounge's appetizer offerings and I think you'll be fine with one room service portion.
Oh and I'd ask for more beef when I ordered just because I'm pushy that way and need my 50 bucks worth;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter