Ohana timing for HEA

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
I have an Ohana reservation (party of 2) for 8:20 pm on a night when HEA is at 9:15 pm. Any chance, if I’m willing to wait, I might snag a window seat for a nice view?

All the window seats will most likely be taken by that time. To watch the show (very limited views, IMO) you would need a reservation for around 7:30 - 7:45. That's not to say you can't try, or arrive a little earlier and put in your request.
We've done it several times, but I never asked for a window seat because only a very few of them have views at all. Since we're usually a larger party of 6, we've gotten the bigger round tables near the windows, but the times we've been with 2 or 4 people we've gotten the middle of the restaurant tables.

The bad part of trying to see the MK fireworks from Ohana is that so many other guests dining there have the same Idea. So they linger at their table until after the show is over. About 9:30 there will be a massive exit by the guests. Guests who make dining reservations for closer to fireworks time will be sitting long after their reservation time. You'd be better off eating and then heading out to the pool/beach/ boat dock area to watch the fireworks.

Thanks for the info, all! We have visited Ohana on every one of our visits, and for those visits close to fireworks time, we have been lucky enough to get a window seat...Although I believe it was closer to the 7:45 mark. I’ve never had a reservation as late as 8:20 and I’ve also never traveled as a party of two, so I had a feeling that this might not be ideal. I was trying to remember the layout of the restaurant and it seemed that the window seats were mostly for parties of four & large rounds... But I can’t quite recall? We will see what happens...and we won’t be disappointed if it doesn't work out. It’s just lucky when it does work out 😊

I was trying to remember the layout of the restaurant and it seemed that the window seats were mostly for parties of four & large rounds... But I can’t quite recall?
Yep, that's how it is. I just checked some of our pictures from last visit and the rounds are near the windows, a few 4 tops, and the other tables are inwards. Those are the smaller tables that seat two and they put some together in other configurations between 2-8.
When hubby and I were there as a party of two, we were seated in the set of tables the next row (for lack of a better word) in from the window table. We weren't there during fireworks that time, but it's possible we could've seen some of the fireworks from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter