Ohana, tonight like right now review

Robbie Cottam

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
I’m eating at Ohana right now.

I would love to give them a straight 100 A plus

I can’t.

The service was great. Anytime I thought I needed something the waiter showed up with it.

The drinks also great, I got the Backscratcher. Wow

The salad I love the dressing perfect balance, great flavor.

The Bread and honey …. Really good

The chicken wings tender juice great flavor.

The dumplings didn’t need a dipping sauce.

The chicken thigh also fall off the bone food the Curi sauce perfect.

Peel and eat shrimp are my favorite.

Desert. We have a coconut milk tapioca because of an allergy at the table….. was surprisingly good.

The only thing that wasn’t perfect but still good was the steak. I tasted great. It just needed to be cool a little longer, to be more tender.

Overall, still a solid A-

Can't get much more current than this! Thanks for sharing. I have been on the fence about OHana- as I suspect have others. This is helpful :-)

Thanks so much for the review. I have an upcoming reservation in March and am on the fence. It’s nice to read a positive review. Appreciate you taking the time to share with us

I was there in October and I have to say, the quality has definitely gone down from years past. Everything was super, super salty and I like salt. ALL our food was cold. The beef was sooooo tough that chewing it wouldn’t break it down, it would just turn into an inedible fibrous mass. They definitely have changed to a lower quality/cut of beef than they used to use. Made me sad to say it, but I won’t be back until there’s a major shake-up.

I was there in October and I have to say, the quality has definitely gone down from years past. Everything was super, super salty and I like salt. ALL our food was cold. The beef was sooooo tough that chewing it wouldn’t break it down, it would just turn into an inedible fibrous mass. They definitely have changed to a lower quality/cut of beef than they used to use. Made me sad to say it, but I won’t be back until there’s a major shake-up.
I hate salt and thought the food was seasoned to perfection.

Maybe quality control is an issue

I hate salt and thought the food was seasoned to perfection.

Maybe quality control is an issue
True. It was so bad, that I’d have to hear some real hype about O’hana improving before I’d go back. My experience before this one, a couple of years ago, wasn’t great either. The beef was super tough then too… too much $$$ for anything less than a good, not even great, experience.

True. It was so bad, that I’d have to hear some real hype about O’hana improving before I’d go back. My experience before this one, a couple of years ago, wasn’t great either. The beef was super tough then too… too much $$$ for anything less than a good, not even great, experience.
I have been going to Ohana for over 10 years. It’s always been inconsistent and the only solution is to ask for another serving. One time it wasn’t until the 3rd attempt before I got good quality beef.

At $60+ they finally priced me out after I had to fight with the server to get replacements of dishes I knew could be better. So now I go to Tambu Lounge.

That said, Ohana is still a lovely experience overall that Tambu Lounge can’t completely replicate and I would possibly go back with newbies.

I agree with you on the beef, almost inedible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter