Ohana vs 1900 Park Fare Dinner

Goodbye$$$

Earning My Ears
Our original plan for arrival night was dinner at Ohana and fireworks from the beach. Of course there were no Ohana ADR available at day 180 so I picked up a 1900 for now with the hope of snagging Ohana later down the road.

I did pick up a late Ohana breakfast for departure day breakfast in case that was our only Ohana opportunity. Now that our plan is starting to come together a bit better it’s looking like ideally we’ll be doing MVMCP the night before departure which would make the late Ohana breakfast perfect.

So if we stick with Ohana for breakfast would you still try for Ohana dinner? Or stick with 1900 for dinner? I like the character dining that 1900 brings to the table, especially just hours off the plane. Fireworks post dinner would still be the plan.

Thanks!

Love 1900PF dinner character interaction, and strawberry soup! This would also be my choice. But as far as Ohana dinner and brft, you could do both as totally different experience. Brft has the characters, and dinner has skewers cooked over fire pit and coconut races for kids.

Just did Ohana breakfast Wednesday. Food was pretty terrible. Character greeting took over 90 minutes to get to us. We had great window view and nice character meet & greet. We cracked up when we asked for bacon & the sweet waitress said "Sure....I have to go next door for it." When she returned with it she had it hid under a black cloth so that no one else would see it and ask for it. During character parade our waitress led the parade and a nice gentlemen took over our table......when we asked for more waffles he brought a skillet of undercooked wet eggs (yuck) but it was then piled with about 15 waffles. :thumbsup2 Overall I will say it was a positive experience....but definately a one and done. I check it off my list. Mickey, Pluto, Stitch & Lilo were all there.

Our first night tradition is 1900 Park Fare. We absolutely love it! Ohana breakfast was pretty forgettable, we much preferred the food at dinner.

Personally I much prefer Kona Cafe to 'Ohana and on our trip in May we even ordered Bread Pudding and our wonderful waiter picked it up from Tambu Lounge. He was "Earning his Ears" and I officially pronounced that he had. :):)

IMO, I feel that speaking strictly about the food, 1900 Park Fare’s breakfast food is way better than Ohana’s breakfast food. Conversely, Ohana’s dinner food is way better than 1900 PF’s dinner.

But you can’t beat the character interaction at 1900 PF’s dinner. Cinderella and her family are a blast and very unique and fun. The breakfast characters are good too with the Mad Hatter, but nobody beats the Step-Mother. :)

Between these two dinner choices, I'd go with 1900 Park Fare. IMHO Ohana is not as good as it used to be, and it was the only meal on our trip this spring that we didn't like.

Our original plan for arrival night was dinner at Ohana and fireworks from the beach. Of course there were no Ohana ADR available at day 180 so I picked up a 1900 for now with the hope of snagging Ohana later down the road.

I did pick up a late Ohana breakfast for departure day breakfast in case that was our only Ohana opportunity. Now that our plan is starting to come together a bit better it’s looking like ideally we’ll be doing MVMCP the night before departure which would make the late Ohana breakfast perfect.

So if we stick with Ohana for breakfast would you still try for Ohana dinner? Or stick with 1900 for dinner? I like the character dining that 1900 brings to the table, especially just hours off the plane. Fireworks post dinner would still be the plan.

Thanks!

I think Ohana has the best breakfast at Disney! Stick with that and schedule 1900 or another restaurant for dinner! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter