Ohana vs Kona

Dinner! Which do you prefer?

• Kona

• 'Ohana

Results are only viewable after voting.

celaena

Earning My Ears
I currently have dinner ADRs for both, but I must cancel one of them. I know Ohana is a tough one to snag, so I am loathe to give it up. My DH and I are visiting WDW for the first time ever and want a set of memorable dining experiences. However, looking at the menus, I am more drawn to Kona. Which would you pick, if given a choice?

I like both but prefer ohana. It has a nicer athmospere and is more of a sit down meal for us than the Kona Cafe, which really is more like a Cafe, more casual.
The food is great at both places.

my wife wants to try KONA for breakfast but Ohana is a must do for us, we are celebratign our 20th wedding anniversary there this year (next month to be exact):cool1:

We've done Ohana twice and it's just not one of our favorites. The food as just OK and nothing that we are in a rush to try again. We've decided to try Kona lunch on our next trip. That being said...I think that Ohana is more of an "experience" than Kona. Most people on these boards like Ohana and I think it is worth a visit if you've never been.

My family and I all love Ohana and make sure to visit almost every trip! I agree that Ohana is more of an experience than Kona. Both have very good food though.

We have eaten at both.... Ohana's just did not do it for us. We really did not care for the menu at dinner, and was served really rushed and the service was not there. I know that most people would not agree, I am just saying this was our experience here. We enjoy Kona's and have had breakfast, lunch and dinner here. It remains on our list. This is not a experience it just good food, served well. It does have a more relaxed feel to it.

I voted for Kona. I didn't dislike Ohana, I just found it to be a bit of a circus. It was so crowded when we went(we waited 40 minutes for our table even though we arrived early), and the food, while fine, is not the type thing our kids will eat, and dh and I don't have the kind of appetites to consume such an abundance of food. A lot of it went to waste. We ate at kona the very next night. I loved the sushi and potstickers, and the whole atmosphere was just a lot more relaxed.

I love Ohanas, but have read good things about Kona Cafe. We have both scheduled for March! We are going to try Kona breakfast (Tonga Toast), and then do either a lunch or dinner at Kona (probably dinner I want to try their bread). We have it all spaced out though Ohana at the first of the stay, Kona breakfast middle, and Kona dinner or lunch at the end of our trip. We can not wait to try it, but my husband would never leave Ohanas off our list.

I currently have dinner ADRs for both, but I must cancel one of them. I know Ohana is a tough one to snag, so I am loathe to give it up. My DH and I are visiting WDW for the first time ever and want a set of memorable dining experiences. However, looking at the menus, I am more drawn to Kona. Which would you pick, if given a choice?

Ohana for dinner & Kona for breakfast! Both are wonderful. Ohana is better for dinner though and Kona is better for breakfast so maybe you could do both? Kona is super easy on the wallet too.

I voted for Kona.

I've eaten at both places a number of times, and honestly prefer Kona for the food and especially the service.

Neither? Although if I were forced to choose, I would say Kona, just because there is nothing special about O'hana.

At least Kona offers sushi, which we have yet to try (only been to Kona for lunch prior to when they started offering sushi at lunch).

We did both on our last trip. Everyone loved ohana and Kona was just ok. Ohana was easily out favorite meal if the trip.
Our February trip we did not even consider returning to Kona but have Ohana booked twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter