Ohana

DisneyPhilliesFan

Earning My Ears
Did dinner at Ohana for the first time and enjoyed it. Well worth the money for the food you get. The only problem is it felt a little rushed since they keep bringing you the next thing before you are even done the previous item.

This is a frequent theme amongst reviewers.

We’ve had the best luck with later ADR times. If we’re the last seating for a table, they don’t rush as much.

It’s of DH’s favorite meals...so we’ve contributed to go back...and figured out what helps with the rushing.

Glad you enjoyed the food!

Will love to dine there with family members and quite excited about it. Is going for breakfast could also a smart choice regarding the best items to found there? Say all if you experienced it ever!

We eat dinner there twice every trip. Next trip is at The Poly and we have 2 dinners and 1 breakfast scheduled there. One time they did the rush thing on me. I have a simple solution I stood up and using my best Marine voice told them to slow it down. Now I have made junior Marines break down (and 2 cried) when I used it on them. Funny thing the waitresses listened,

Did dinner at Ohana for the first time and enjoyed it. Well worth the money for the food you get. The only problem is it felt a little rushed since they keep bringing you the next thing before you are even done the previous item.
Im glad you liked the food. Sadly, I didnt really care for it. Wings were slimy, potstickers dry, meat was dry. Service was ok though. I might give it another shot eventually, esp now that the lady with the ukulele is gone. She was awful!

Will love to dine there with family members and quite excited about it. Is going for breakfast could also a smart choice regarding the best items to found there? Say all if you experienced it ever!
I like Ohana breakfast. Its quite tasty. Keep in mind its family style and all-you-can eat. So the variety wont be as good as a buffet for example. Naturally. But I always thought the food was good. I love that you can sit and chill while the characters come to you. I love Stitch & Mickey. :)

We thought the breakfast food was just okay. Pretty much your standard scrambled eggs, sausages etc. I was hoping for more unique items themed to the resort. Also something about the lighting at breakfast made all of our photos turn out terrible (dark and can't see anything). Plus all the same issues as people report for dinner (long wait past reservation time, rushed vibe).

When they come, I tell them Im not ready and will catch them the next round. After a couple of time, they know to pace our table. I dont think they are purposely rushing us, just making the rounds and depending on how many are seated around us, we could get the food quicky or slowly. Im sure the table next to us thought service was slow, as my husband doesnt say no to anything! Ive seen tables refuse certain meats and the "carver" is at the next table much faster than if he actually served a party of 6 first.

We eat dinner there twice every trip. Next trip is at The Poly and we have 2 dinners and 1 breakfast scheduled there. One time they did the rush thing on me. I have a simple solution I stood up and using my best Marine voice told them to slow it down. Now I have made junior Marines break down (and 2 cried) when I used it on them. Funny thing the waitresses listened,

LOL! Semper FI Sir!!!!

My nephews are (I am told they will always be Marines) Marines and I imagine they made someone cry on an occasion or two. Not me though, Saturday night my big burley Paul Bunyan of a nephew tripped all over himself after he slipped up and used profanity in my presense. LOL! My hubby almost fell over, watching him remember his Auntie Nancy was listening. (7 tours in Iraq between the two, my brave young men)

Thanks Ken, for your service!

I notice people mentioning they have been rushed at ‘Ohana and when we are there we never felt rushed at all. In fact it was the most well-paced relaxing dinner I’ve had since our kids were born and it was all due to the service. It was incredible!

Are people talking about feeling rushed when they bring the skewers around? We just told them we didn’t want that round. It’s a churrascaria, that’s how it’s supposed to work. Maybe they should have those green/red discs you flip if you want the next round.

Anyway we loved it! The food was fine but the service was unreal. Normally our picky kids get antsy and bored but we were there for close to 2 hours with a large (12) group and everyone had a great time. I felt about ‘Ohana the way same way I feel about Disney. It’s not about the best, or most thrilling rides, it’s about the overall experience. I’m almost nervous to go again because our last (and only) time there was so remarkable.

I like Ohana breakfast. Its quite tasty. Keep in mind its family style and all-you-can eat. So the variety wont be as good as a buffet for example. Naturally. But I always thought the food was good. I love that you can sit and chill while the characters come to you. I love Stitch & Mickey. :)

Well, Will love to be there and now surely will love to take photos with Stitch & Mickey. Excited to go for fun with family members.

Im glad you liked the food. Sadly, I didnt really care for it. Wings were slimy, potstickers dry, meat was dry. Service was ok though.

Agreed. The beef served there was some of the toughest, most unseasoned meat I have ever had. Everything else is stuff you'd get from any supermarket freezer section. I can't understand what anyone sees in this place unless they prefer quantity over quality. Over 5 trips to Disney, this place was our least favorite meal by a large margin and we didn't think it was worth it at all. My wife did, however, really enjoy her drink that was served in a hollowed out pineapple.

Agreed. The beef served there was some of the toughest, most unseasoned meat I have ever had. Everything else is stuff you'd get from any supermarket freezer section. I can't understand what anyone sees in this place unless they prefer quantity over quality. Over 5 trips to Disney, this place was our least favorite meal by a large margin and we didn't think it was worth it at all. My wife did, however, really enjoy her drink that was served in a hollowed out pineapple.
I could have written this myself. I completely agree. The meat was by far the worst out of all of the items, very tough and dry. Awful. And i totally agree about quantity over quality. Im thinking this is why ohana is so popular. That coupled with the fact that the chosen food items they serve are a big hit due to its variety (wings, noodles, steak etc). I personally dont think it deserves the praise it gets. But hey, that's just my opinion. Oh btw, I do love their bread pudding though. So delish. :)

Im glad you liked the food. Sadly, I didnt really care for it. Wings were slimy, potstickers dry, meat was dry. Service was ok though. I might give it another shot eventually, esp now that the lady with the ukulele is gone. She was awful!

Lol...... love the ukulele comment

I so wanted to love Ohana but it wasn't very good. The atmosphere was very nice but the meat skewers were poor quality. The beef was too tough, the chicken was very grizzly, and it was all somewhat flavorless. I'm not rushing to go back. I will go back for breakfast.

Their profit is based on them being able to fill you up quickly, and get you to leave so they can turn the table over.

If you are able to sit and do a slow meal, you eat more, and they dont get to turn the table over.

You can set the pace by requesting more of whatever you want when you want it, and turning down what is being automatically brought to the table. I know we were there over two hours just last month. There is a fast pace feeling to the place, seeing most staff moving around kind of quickly.

We did see variability in the skewer foods. Two years ago the beef was the best of the three by far, and chicken the worst. But last month beef was the worst by far and chicken the best! And it was off multiple skewers over say an hour and a half period of time, so it just seemed that was the way it was those nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter