Ohana's dinner tonight

kandb

DIS Veteran
I was reluctant to go to dinner here since some have been gaving it a thumbs down. We have been numerous times and TBH, I think tonight was the best meal ever. Our waitress was a little slow, compared to the tables around us but then I reminded myself that we are on vacation and why should I want to be rushed??? The food was hot and fresh and the wings were 100X better then they have been in the past. They were more cooked and had a great tangy sauce on them. We loved one of the sauces they put on the table (not the peanut one) and used it on our dumplings and even for some of our meats. My husband, 9 year old son and myself went and it was around $124 before tip. It was a great dinner, even though I feel at least a pound heavier!

I was reluctant to go to dinner here since some have been gaving it a thumbs down. We have been numerous times and TBH, I think tonight was the best meal ever. Our waitress was a little slow, compared to the tables around us but then I reminded myself that we are on vacation and why should I want to be rushed??? The food was hot and fresh and the wings were 100X better then they have been in the past. They were more cooked and had a great tangy sauce on them. We loved one of the sauces they put on the table (not the peanut one) and used it on our dumplings and even for some of our meats. My husband, 9 year old son and myself went and it was around $124 before tip. It was a great dinner, even though I feel at least a pound heavier!

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

As an aside, were there walls up around the Tambu Lounge? Or just an empty bar? It was supposed to close yesterday for a refurbishment.

Yes, walls set up, you can't see any of the bar from before. Small bar set up in the waiting area right near the podium where you check in for dinner.

Ate here last Thursday, and it was better than I remember from my trip before! Not rushed, everything came in perfect timing actually.
My teens had never been, and they LOVED it.
Look forward to going again next summer!

We enjoyed both dinner and breakfast at 'Ohana in July. So yummy, especially the noodles and Szechuan steak! We are considering two dinners there next time along with our traditional breakfast.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal! We haven't been there in a few years and I'd like to return again! Some of the bad reviews have me worried.

We had breakfast on Monday and I was almost going to cancel it based on recent news here.

I’m so glad I didn’t. The service tops any I have had all week, including California Grill. The food was delicious. I have absolutely no complaints and would do it again.

Never EVER listen to the reviews and always go where you want and make your own judgement when it comes to food at Disney. It's just so subjective.

I like to read reviews outside of DIS Boards as well. On Trip Advisor, for instance, 'Ohana got 4.5 stars out of 5 from 4,669 reviews. That's a lot of excellent reviews compared to the much smaller number of negative reviews here.

I had the same issue with Narcoossee's. I wanted to book it for my 25th anniversary, but I was reading quite a few negative reviews on DIS Boards. So, I checked on Trip Advisor where Narcoossee's got 4.5 out of 5 stars from 1,550 reviews. Based on those excellent reviews, we dined there for our anniversary and had a wonderful experience, even more special than our excellent time at California Grill.

I think that some people on the boards can be very negative and may be exaggerating. I try not to be swayed too much by their complaints. I prefer to gather more information first then perhaps try restaurants out on my own before forming my opinion.

We've never had a bad meal or service at Ohana, for breakfast or dinner. Never had dried out, stringy or fatty meat; never had cold food or unpleasant servers. Ohana has been consistently good for us.

Thanks for your review! It used to be our favorite but we had a terrible meal there in June and had decided not to come back for a while, but we'll be at Poly next week and DD asked if we could try it again. May see if I can find a last minute reservation now! Or order the twilight feast if all else fails.

Just ate there a few days ago and I agree completely! It was fantastic! We had our family of 6, so it was quite pricey, but we all enjoyed it completely! So Good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter