Ohhhh boy~ here we go again! Anderson/VanDamme Vegas/California road trip vacation!

reyasmommy

DIS Veteran
Hello! :wave2:

Okay.... So I have a tendency to not finish projects that I started so I'm hoping that I will be able to complete this pre-trip/trip report to it's entirety. I started a trip report for my WDW trip last September and got about 9 days into it and got sidetracked and never finished. I promise that I will do all in my power to keep up and finish this one. I'm not much for words but I'm very camera happy and will take many, many pictures which I hope you will all enjoy.

That aside here's a little about me and my family, and our upcoming trip.......

First things first ~~

THE CAST

Me: (Deanna) princess: I live in Denver Colorado and I'm a stay at home mom to a beautiful little girl. I just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago and this trip is my BIG 3-0 birthday present/trip. ((We took an Alaska cruise for my husbands 30th, so I thought it only fair that we go to Disneyland for mine.))

Husband: (Will) :wizard: The best husband and father in the whole world. Works hard as an investment broker to pay for our many disney vacations.

Daughter: (Reya) :cutie: My sweet and amazing little bald baby girl. This will be her 2nd trip to Disneyland, her first time was when she was 6 months old.

Dad/Grandpa: (Gary) ::MickeyMo Will be meeting us in DL for a few days. Lives in Sacramento california. He's really looking forward to having some fun with the Grandkids in DL.

Dad's fiance': (Linda) ::MinnieMo Sweet and wonderful woman. Can't wait until the day she becomes my step-mom.

Brother: (Chad) :earboy2: First Vacation and trip to Disneyland. I'm hoping he takes it well. Disney doesn't seem like his cup of tea, but I think I can make him a believer.

Sister-in-law: (Lori) :earsgirl: Also a stay at home mom. Will be her very first vacation and trip to DL. Luckily we get along really well because we'll be spending pretty much the whole vacation together. She's just as excited as I am to leave, we talk about our plans everyday.

Neice: (Alyssa) :tink: Will be turning 4 while we're on our trip. Unfortunately do to timing we won't be in DL but vegas at the time. I'm really looking forward to seeing her face when she gets to meet a princess for the very first time.

Nephew: (Logan) :stitch2: Sweet and gentle little boy. Can't wait to see him enjoy all the sites and sounds of disney.

~ Well, I hate to leave you all hanging, but i got to go and figure out how to post pictures again. It's been awhile. Be back soon with trip info and pictures.

Wow, you've got a big group going! How fun. I can't wait to see the pics and read more about your plans. popcorn::

Wow, you've got a big group going! How fun. I can't wait to see the pics and read more about your plans. popcorn::

YAY! I have a reader. :cheer2: I get so scared that nobody is intrested in what I have to say.

Yes, we do have a big group and I'm sooo excited. Especially because 4 of them have never been and it's so fun to share the magic with people for the first time. Hope you stick around for more.

YAY! I have a reader. :cheer2: I get so scared that nobody is intrested in what I have to say.

Yes, we do have a big group and I'm sooo excited. Especially because 4 of them have never been and it's so fun to share the magic with people for the first time. Hope you stick around for more.
Well, no one is ever interested in what I have to say but I never let that stop me. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:
Besides, you've already had 11 views, so you've got more then just one reader. :thumbsup2

Better hurry up with those plans and pics! ;)

Okay.... So I thought I would share some pictures of the cast with you all. Please keep in mind that some of these pictures are up to a year old. Unfortunately they were all I could come up with at the moment. Anyways, thought it would be be nice for you all to put a face with a name if you'll be following along.

THE PRINCESS CAST

DISNEY.jpg

ME DEANNA(30)
CIMG2184.jpg

DD REYA (2)
IMG_2875.jpg

SM Linda (age unknown, lol)
Picturemarchgarylindasvisit040.jpg

SIL Lori (25) Don't have a picture, but will find one.

DN Alyssa (3)

2nddiscfromdad050.jpg

The Prince Cast

princes.jpg

DH Will (32)

IMG_3025.jpg

DD Gary (48)

CIMG2343.jpg

DB Chad (28)
2nddiscfromdad028.jpg

DN Logan (1)

2nddiscfromdad011.jpg

Well there you go!!

I'll be back with a quick itinerary of my trip and some disney pictures of past trips to tide you over if you'd like.

Well, no one is ever interested in what I have to say but I never let that stop me. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:
Besides, you've already had 11 views, so you've got more then just one reader. :thumbsup2

Better hurry up with those plans and pics! ;)

I read your pre-trip report. Your kids are adorable, looks like you have your hands full.

I read your pre-trip report. Your kids are adorable, looks like you have your hands full.
Thanks. Hands full? What ever do you mean? Just because I'm counting the seconds until school starts again....:rolleyes1
Nah, they're good kids. ;)

I was just looking at your pics!!! Your daughter Reya is simply adorable. I love that pic of her with your husband. Her expression in that one is priceless. :goodvibes
And your niece and nephew are just too cute.

The kids are all going to have a great time. Good thing there are so many adults to wrangle them all up! I can totally see them all taking off in different directions at the same time. Oh wait, maybe I see that because I lived it when mine were little! :rotfl2:
But those ages are really great. Especially the 2 and 3 year old. Definitely be prepared for misty eyes from you and your SIL when they see the Princesses or Mickey for the first time.

I hope your brother has a great time and that he does becomes a believer in the Disney magic. :wizard: And maybe while you are there you could convince your Dad and his fiance to do a Disney wedding. :rolleyes1 Then you'd have another excuse for another trip! Just sayin.....

BTW, Happy belated Birthday to you! Can't think of a better way to celebrate the big 3-0!
237417maf9c1nger.jpg

Looking forward to reading more, especially about your Vegas plans as you'll be in my neck of the woods.

Thanks. Hands full? What ever do you mean? Just because I'm counting the seconds until school starts again....:rolleyes1
Nah, they're good kids. ;)

I was just looking at your pics!!! Your daughter Reya is simply adorable. I love that pic of her with your husband. Her expression in that one is priceless. :goodvibes
And your niece and nephew are just too cute.

The kids are all going to have a great time. Good thing there are so many adults to wrangle them all up! I can totally see them all taking off in different directions at the same time. Oh wait, maybe I see that because I lived it when mine were little! :rotfl2:
But those ages are really great. Especially the 2 and 3 year old. Definitely be prepared for misty eyes from you and your SIL when they see the Princesses or Mickey for the first time.

I hope your brother has a great time and that he does becomes a believer in the Disney magic. :wizard: And maybe while you are there you could convince your Dad and his fiance to do a Disney wedding. :rolleyes1 Then you'd have another excuse for another trip! Just sayin.....

BTW, Happy belated Birthday to you! Can't think of a better way to celebrate the big 3-0!
237417maf9c1nger.jpg

Looking forward to reading more, especially about your Vegas plans as you'll be in my neck of the woods.

Thank you for the photo comments. :flower3:

I'm prepared for the water works. Everytime I go to Disney I cry like a little baby. Especially during the fireworks. I know it's going to be really bad this year because I'll be sharing the magic of Disney with the rest of my family.

I went and bought a monkey backpack/leash thingy for my daughter last year when we went to WDW and it worked wonders. Didn't have to worry about her running off.
IMG_3360.jpg

Ohhhh, it would be so wonderful if my Dad and Linda got married at Disney. Nothing would make me happier. My husband and I were married at the Polynesian at WDW in July of 2001. (( I'll try to scan some pictures and post them later))

My husband went to go see a movie tonight, so it's taking me some time to post everything I want to tonight because my daughter is running "amuck".

Thanks for posting... You're the only one. :)

So here's a quick/simple itinerary of where we will be on each day of our trip. I will have much more detailed planning information as it becomes available and I'll throw in a few of our old pictures of DL or DW everyday until our trip. :woohoo:

Day1 ~ September 21st

* Drive to St. George Utah ( 647 mile drive) Will be interesting with a 2 year old. Thank goodness for dvd players. :banana:

* Stay at the La Quinta Hotel

Day 2 ~ September 22nd

* Drive to Anaheim (384 miles) Will seem like cake compared to previous days drive.
* Staying at the Anabella Hotel across from Disney for 5 nights
* Go to DTD for shopping and dinner
* Take kids to Build a bear

Day 3 ~ September 23rd

* Spend all day at Disney Land

Day 4 ~ September 24th

* Spend all day at California Adventure

Day 5 ~ September 25th

* Spend all day at Universal Studios

Day 6 ~ September 26th

* Park hop between Disneyland and California Adventure

Day 7 ~ September 27th

* Drive to San Diego/Del-mar
* Staying at Marriott Del-mar for 2 nights
* Going to the beach ((any suggestions??))

Day 8 ~ September 28th

* Spend all day at Sea World

Day 9 ~ September 29th

* Drive to Vegas
* Staying at TI for 2 nights

Day 10 ~ September 30th

* Alyssa's 4th birthday
* Maybe take kids to the Adventure Dome of Alyssa's b-day

Day 11 ~ October 1st

* Drive back home/ we'll stop somewhere on the way but not sure where yet?

Day 12 ~ October 2nd

* Arrive home :( And start planning for next trip.

BE BACK WITH MORE DETAILED PLANNING LATER

Thank you for the photo comments. :flower3:

I'm prepared for the water works. Everytime I go to Disney I cry like a little baby. Especially during the fireworks. I know it's going to be really bad this year because I'll be sharing the magic of Disney with the rest of my family.

I went and bought a monkey backpack/leash thingy for my daughter last year when we went to WDW and it worked wonders. Didn't have to worry about her running off.

Ohhhh, it would be so wonderful if my Dad and Linda got married at Disney. Nothing would make me happier. My husband and I were married at the Polynesian at WDW in July of 2001. (( I'll try to scan some pictures and post them later))

My husband went to go see a movie tonight, so it's taking me some time to post everything I want to tonight because my daughter is running "amuck".

Thanks for posting... You're the only one. :)
That little monkey backpack thing is so cute. I've never seen those. All they had when mine were little were regular "leashes" which weren't that great, so we never bothered with them. Thankfully they never ran off, but I had to keep an eagle eye on them just in case!

I don't cry at the fireworks, but I do at Fantasmic. :confused3 So weird. LOL

That's so cool that you got married at the Poly in WDW! I'd love to see pics if you feel like sharing. :goodvibes

So here's a quick/simple itinerary of where we will be on each day of our trip. I will have much more detailed planning information as it becomes available and I'll throw in a few of our old pictures of DL or DW everyday until our trip. :woohoo:

Sounds like a good schedule! I didn't realize you were doing so much. Wow, Universal and Sea World too! How fun. :yay:

We used to have APs to U.S. but it's been awhile since we've been there. Maybe 2 years. Your plan makes me want to go back. :)

That little monkey backpack thing is so cute. I've never seen those. All they had when mine were little were regular "leashes" which weren't that great, so we never bothered with them. Thankfully they never ran off, but I had to keep an eagle eye on them just in case!

I don't cry at the fireworks, but I do at Fantasmic. :confused3 So weird. LOL

That's so cool that you got married at the Poly in WDW! I'd love to see pics if you feel like sharing. :goodvibes

Once I can figure out how to post my scanned pictures I'll share my wedding photos.

I can't believe that I've been to Disney World 6 times and DL twice and have never seen Fantasmic! CRAZY!! I don't think it's going to be running when we go on our trip, so I'm really bummed.

Sounds like a good schedule! I didn't realize you were doing so much. Wow, Universal and Sea World too! How fun. :yay:

We used to have APs to U.S. but it's been awhile since we've been there. Maybe 2 years. Your plan makes me want to go back. :)

Yep, it's going to be a very busy and exciting trip. Universal is mostly for us adults, but I know the kids will love Sea World.

Once I can figure out how to post my scanned pictures I'll share my wedding photos.

I can't believe that I've been to Disney World 6 times and DL twice and have never seen Fantasmic! CRAZY!! I don't think it's going to be running when we go on our trip, so I'm really bummed.

Yep, it's going to be a very busy and exciting trip. Universal is mostly for us adults, but I know the kids will love Sea World.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You have never seen Fantasmic in all that time??? :faint: I just don't know how to take this news.....:sad2:

Seriously it is such an awesome show. I am one of those people who you see sitting there saving a spot like 3 HOURS before the show starts so I can get the perfect spot. :rotfl:

I'm bummed it won't be playing when we are there either. Not that I haven't seen it tons of times, but it's just sort of tradition to see it at least once while we are there, so it's going to feel weird. Oh well.

I hope one day you'll finally be able to see it. It's so worth the wait. :thumbsup2

Universal is mainly for adults but they do have the water play area that I'm sure the kids will like.

It sounds like its going to be a great trip! We did something similar last year, 5 days in Disneyland and then 6 in San Diego.

I wish I'd done it earlier, but we went to Coronado Island on our last day and the kids had the BEST time at the beach there! Plus the wonderful photo ops for the Hotel del Coronado in the background

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You have never seen Fantasmic in all that time??? :faint: I just don't know how to take this news.....:sad2:

Seriously it is such an awesome show. I am one of those people who you see sitting there saving a spot like 3 HOURS before the show starts so I can get the perfect spot. :rotfl:

I'm bummed it won't be playing when we are there either. Not that I haven't seen it tons of times, but it's just sort of tradition to see it at least once while we are there, so it's going to feel weird. Oh well.

I hope one day you'll finally be able to see it. It's so worth the wait. :thumbsup2

Universal is mainly for adults but they do have the water play area that I'm sure the kids will like.

I know, I know, I know .... I'm soooo ashamed !! :sad:
I've just always been too tired to stay around to watch it. But it will be something for me to look forward to on my next visit.

I know the kids will love the water play area at Universal. My DD is such a water baby. ((except when it comes to baths))And I'm so happy that she's still free to get into everywhere.

It sounds like its going to be a great trip! We did something similar last year, 5 days in Disneyland and then 6 in San Diego.

I wish I'd done it earlier, but we went to Coronado Island on our last day and the kids had the BEST time at the beach there! Plus the wonderful photo ops for the Hotel del Coronado in the background

I'm sooooo excited!! It's going to be so much fun, I can hardly wait!

Do you have any other beach suggestions for San Diego? Especially for kids? :flower3:

I know, I know, I know .... I'm soooo ashamed !! :sad:
I've just always been too tired to stay around to watch it. But it will be something for me to look forward to on my next visit.

I know the kids will love the water play area at Universal. My DD is such a water baby. ((except when it comes to baths))And I'm so happy that she's still free to get into everywhere.
Well, as long as you promise to see it at some point. Then you'll probably be hooked like I am. LOL

It's nice when they still get in free. According to Disney (and their pricing), my older two are already adults at the age of 11 and 13. :rolleyes:

I'm sooooo excited!! It's going to be so much fun, I can hardly wait!

Do you have any other beach suggestions for San Diego? Especially for kids? :flower3:
Okay I know you weren't asking me but I going to throw my two cents in anyway. :rolleyes1
It's not really for just for kids or just for adults, more for the whole family, but are you planning to visit Seaport Village?
http://www.seaportvillage.com/

It's just a cute area near the water that has different shops and restaurants. They used to have a carousel and horse drawn buggy rides. Not sure if they still do. When I lived in SoCal, and DH and I were dating, we'd go to San Diego all the time and this was always a place we'd stop and walk around and grab some lunch.

Just a thought. :)

Well, as long as you promise to see it at some point. Then you'll probably be hooked like I am. LOL

It's nice when they still get in free. According to Disney (and their pricing), my older two are already adults at the age of 11 and 13. :rolleyes:

Okay I know you weren't asking me but I going to throw my two cents in anyway. :rolleyes1
It's not really for just for kids or just for adults, more for the whole family, but are you planning to visit Seaport Village?
http://www.seaportvillage.com/

It's just a cute area near the water that has different shops and restaurants. They used to have a carousel and horse drawn buggy rides. Not sure if they still do. When I lived in SoCal, and DH and I were dating, we'd go to San Diego all the time and this was always a place we'd stop and walk around and grab some lunch.

Just a thought. :)

Thank you!! That's very helpful. We'll probably check it out. :yay:

Do you have any suggestions on any good BEACHES :beach: to check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter