• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***OI Meetup***June 2-3, 2023

One month to go!
Is anyone else surprised that OI hasn’t released shirt orders or info if there will be dining gift cards included? Just because they haven’t said anything, I am almost expecting the dining cards to be a no-go.
From what I have heard/read, shirts are coming, I would assume anytime now. I did see where Taylor said they were offering shipping on shirts this year, which I am not sure why lol. I mean if they were just OI shirts sure, but I don't need a meetup specific shirt I am not attending lol Guess we'll find out soon enough! I am hoping we get the food cards too, but it is odd they have not announced it..but who knows! You never know what Taylor has up his sleeves lol

27 Days to GO!
We leave in 26, and I am so ready for vacation! I really wish Taylor would put out some more info and not make us wait until the 19th! I am being so impatient right now. I want to see and order t-shirts, I want to know food menus, I want to know if we are getting $15 food cards again lol I want it all as Sharpay Evans would say!

How is everyone doing? I need to get some summer clothing shopping done for me and the kids, hubby and I both need some new shoes asap so we can break them in before the trip! I won't start packing until the day before we leave.

We've been busy over here, dd is graduating in 19 days, so we are tying up all the loose ends for that. I am done with classes, got all A's, considering the amount of work, I am surprised but thrilled! The youngest dd's birthday is Monday, mine is the following Monday, and throw in Mothers Day, and our anniversary on the 27th, this is a crazy busy month!

What's your countdown to leaving?

wow....tshirts are sold out for sizes I need. Not a big deal. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get them anyways. The last meetup, I didn't get the email at all so, missed it completely.

Oh well...not worried about that............JUST GETTING EXCITED!! :banana:

wow....tshirts are sold out for sizes I need. Not a big deal. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get them anyways. The last meetup, I didn't get the email at all so, missed it completely.

love this. A post yesterday did confirm there will be additional OI merchandise at some point. Not sure what or if even for this meetup, but that is fun!
I agree - can’t wait. We leave 3 weeks from today.

I still need to nail down our hotel options. Just can’t decide if we will be fine with 4 in a regular room at Aventura or if we should spend and extra $60 per night for the deluxe room layout at Aventura. Heading to NYC later this summer and that will be even less space than Aventura…

Holy buckets you weren’t kidding. Popular sizes sold out in less than 2 days!
crazy! The first summer one we went to we did not get shirts because sizes were sold out in hours of release! So now when they come put we jump on it right away!

aww bummer! That happened to us a couple years ago. They are just a fun souiveneer for us def not a requirement. Though one less outfit I have to plan 🤣

We are getting so close! My dd graduates 2 weeks from today. I think we have decided on AP’s, and really try to come in Feb for mardi gras and fingers crossed a meetup.
I have one last big test coming up on the 19th and then freedom! I pass all 4 classes with A’s, so extra celebration coming lol

love this. A post yesterday did confirm there will be additional OI merchandise at some point. Not sure what or if even for this meetup, but that is fun!
I agree - can’t wait. We leave 3 weeks from today.

I still need to nail down our hotel options. Just can’t decide if we will be fine with 4 in a regular room at Aventura or if we should spend and extra $60 per night for the deluxe room layout at Aventura. Heading to NYC later this summer and that will be even less space than Aventura…
I am hoping they add some cool stuff, maybe general OI, not meetup. We shall see!
How much time do you think you will spend in the room? Thats always a deciding factor for us!

@Krisshay13 just to clarify - “love this” was comment on your fabulous attitude and focus on your excitement!

@RocketCityMama very good point. Probably very little time in the room outside of sleeping/getting ready. And we tend to get ready in shifts - husband and I get ready while kids still sleeping, the. We hang out in guest areas until kids are ready.

@Krisshay13 just to clarify - “love this” was comment on your fabulous attitude and focus on your excitement!
LOL....totally knew what you meant :-) well, actually thought you loved the dancing banana so, close enough...hehe

We are getting so close! My dd graduates 2 weeks from today. I think we have decided on AP’s, and really try to come in Feb for mardi gras and fingers crossed a meetup.
I have one last big test coming up on the 19th and then freedom! I pass all 4 classes with A’s, so extra celebration coming lol
You so deserve a big celebration. and good call on AP's. Mardi Gras was going on when we did the band trip and the little I got to really participate in, was great. Loved the parade and the crew walking around.

Good Morning and counting down to 20 days until night 1 of the meetup! Whoohoo! We have 19 until we leave, and I am so ready to be done. I worked the last two days and whew students behaviors are off the chain...I am hoping to not work anymore this school year LOL I am exhausted!

My to do list for this trip:
Pull out summer clothes
Check the kids summer clothes status, mainly shorts. The 13 yr old prob needs more.
Buy dh and I some new shoes to break in now lol
Start locating our lanyards and such from last summer
Put a hold on our mail
Survive the last 2 weeks of senior year for my kid lol - or maybe I should say she survive??!! ;)

Oh if you missed it, I heard there is going to be another run of meetup shirts, but not sure if they will ship in time....

I need to pull out clothes, too. I've actually been in New Orleans area this week. My brother had shoulder surgery last Monday & needed someone with him for a few days. I just drove back to Birmingham today. Next weekend, I need to head to Jackson, MS to check on my mom & get her stocked up on groceries & prescriptions. I'll have 1 weekend at home before we head to FL.

I really haven't thought about the tshirts anymore BUT....why do I remember picking past shirts up at the meetup? Do they mail them to you, now?

I need to pull out clothes, too. I've actually been in New Orleans area this week. My brother had shoulder surgery last Monday & needed someone with him for a few days. I just drove back to Birmingham today. Next weekend, I need to head to Jackson, MS to check on my mom & get her stocked up on groceries & prescriptions. I'll have 1 weekend at home before we head to FL.

I really haven't thought about the tshirts anymore BUT....why do I remember picking past shirts up at the meetup? Do they mail them to you, now?
You have been and will be busy!! You are correct, in the past they have made you pick up at the meetup! This time it was shipping only. I mean yay but I wish it had just been an option. I also kinda think people bought shirts who are not attending since they sold so fast.

I personally do not see why they cannot just do preorders for a time period and everyone can get the ones they want.

Yippee!! Got the OK for DGD#2 to leave on Thursday so, I jumped online & changed our flights. They have gone up in price a little but I'm using points so, still not costing me anything!!!
So, now, we'll be able to relax more before the Meetup starts. Can't believe how close we're getting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter