• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***OI Meetup***June 2-3, 2023

16 days till we fly out! I swear this last month has been sooo slow and super fast at the same time. Weird how that happens lol. My kids have 2 more days left of school thank goodness, because 4th quarter parenting is in full affect here. so is 4th qtr studenting apparently :rotfl2:But I got emails from 2 different teachers for my 6th grader yesterday that he is getting awards on Thursday for academic acheivement! This is really super exciting for me and made me tear up a bit. He's neuro-spicy at at 11, can still be a handful. I was really worried about him starting middle school and how he would handle it, as years past have often been a struggle. But he has done amazing this year and surprised us all. 1st semester his social studies teacher, who is notoriously difficult, sent an email about what a delight he is in class. I totally cried over that. So I am super proud and happy for him.

My boys still don't know about this trip and I am debating on if I should tell them. They know I was planning a surprise trip in June, but they think it is the Branson trip we have the weekend after the meetup. I am tempted to not say a word and make them go to daycare that day, then pack their stuff up and just pick them up and head to the airport. DH says I should tell them ahead of time and let them be excited as the buildup is part of the fun.

16 days till we fly out! I swear this last month has been sooo slow and super fast at the same time. Weird how that happens lol. My kids have 2 more days left of school thank goodness, because 4th quarter parenting is in full affect here. so is 4th qtr studenting apparently :rotfl2:But I got emails from 2 different teachers for my 6th grader yesterday that he is getting awards on Thursday for academic acheivement! This is really super exciting for me and made me tear up a bit. He's neuro-spicy at at 11, can still be a handful. I was really worried about him starting middle school and how he would handle it, as years past have often been a struggle. But he has done amazing this year and surprised us all. 1st semester his social studies teacher, who is notoriously difficult, sent an email about what a delight he is in class. I totally cried over that. So I am super proud and happy for him.

My boys still don't know about this trip and I am debating on if I should tell them. They know I was planning a surprise trip in June, but they think it is the Branson trip we have the weekend after the meetup. I am tempted to not say a word and make them go to daycare that day, then pack their stuff up and just pick them up and head to the airport. DH says I should tell them ahead of time and let them be excited as the buildup is part of the fun.
I agree, May is really Maycember. It's insanely busy and drags by at times and other times it's like there is not enough time. That is so awesome about your sons awards, congrats! I am just glad mine is going to graduate, grades were not great this year. I am like just graduate, please for the love at this point. So much other drama with it, but not getting into it.

We did a surprise Disney trip in 2009 and it was amazing. They thought we were going to their grandparents house in florida, which we did see them, but they came to us lol. They found out the morning we were going, so we drove a little more than halfway, the next morning they opened gift bags with clues to help them figure out where we were going. It was fun and I am glad we did it. I don't have advice lol

So excited for the June meetup. Arrival/checkin time is listed between 3pm to 8pm. Does anyone know around what time the check in line dies down? Last year I got there at 3pm and stood in line awhile. Thinking this year I want to wait for the line to open up and maybe explore the shops outside the parks before checking in. How’s the checkin line around 5pm or 6pm? Still long?

Got our meetup details email today! Once again, we're #TeamLighthouse!
Yes! Us too! I think we have been Lighthouse every meetup we have been too lol I mean I know it doesn’t matter but it’s always fun to see!
So excited for the June meetup. Arrival/checkin time is listed between 3pm to 8pm. Does anyone know around what time the check in line dies down? Last year I got there at 3pm and stood in line awhile. Thinking this year I want to wait for the line to open up and maybe explore the shops outside the parks before checking in. How’s the checkin line around 5pm or 6pm? Still long?
So we typically head over to the check in around 4:30, we have had Ap’s in the past, so we don’t feel the need to be in as soon as allowed. I think people start lining up around 2, sometimes 1:30, but we usually grab an early dinner to tide us over minus a snack until the line dies off lol So my suggestion is around 4:30 -5, the OI team has this down to a science and the lines move fairly fast one it starts going.

Gotta hand it to the OI team, emails were a day early! I think because they are releasing info tomorrow about the winter meetups.

Don’t forget to put your name in the hat for the P Flyers if you are interested. It’s a lottery! I figured what the heck, we have not got pulled yet, trying again lol Though my kids got to ride in Nov 2021 because we bought June 2022 tickets at the meetup table during the meetup and they gave us 2 tickets as a thank you. Neither really want to ride again, but hubby and I have not rode yet lol so fingers crossed!

You can also meetup Churro, the time schedule and location is listed on the brochure :) So excited and ready, 14 days til we leave and 15 to the meetup!

I'm also team Lighthouse. Laster winter was our first meetup and we were team Globe.

Is there only one check-in point? When we went during the winter, there was a check-in point to the right of the globe and another near the lighthouse. But on the email it looks like the check-in is to the left of the USO arches.

Gotta hand it to the OI team, emails were a day early! I think because they are releasing info tomorrow about the winter meetups.

Don’t forget to put your name in the hat for the P Flyers if you are interested. It’s a lottery! I figured what the heck, we have not got pulled yet, trying again lol Though my kids got to ride in Nov 2021 because we bought June 2022 tickets at the meetup table during the meetup and they gave us 2 tickets as a thank you. Neither really want to ride again, but hubby and I have not rode yet lol so fingers crossed!

You can also meetup Churro, the time schedule and location is listed on the brochure :) So excited and ready, 14 days til we leave and 15 to the meetup!
How do you put in for the drawing? I must have missed that.

Nvm, found it.

Team Globe!

Last edited:
I'm also team Lighthouse. Laster winter was our first meetup and we were team Globe.

Is there only one check-in point? When we went during the winter, there was a check-in point to the right of the globe and another near the lighthouse. But on the email it looks like the check-in is to the left of the USO arches.
When we have been there has been only 1 entrance, the one where you check in and you can choose either park to go in depending if you go left or right. We entered at the crossover path that is open after the parks close. So I assume it will be same.
How do you put in for the drawing? I must have missed that
There is a link in the email that says to sign up for lottery, you click and it will take you to a form :) it is under the photo of the girl that says have questions.

I’m so excited for the meetup and feel like we mostly have a handle on those days.

I’m also currently all-in researching Volcano Bay after my teens requested they would like to go ‘someday’. Since we are staying on-site June 1-6, it seems like the perfect time to try it and take advantage of early entry. So if you have any tips, please send them my way!

Also would love to hear what is on your to-do list outside of the meetup!

Last edited:
Team Globe here!! down the walkway next to RRR.
1st meetup we were Team Lighthouse. 2nd meetup we were Team Globe down the walkway next to RRR. 3rd meetup we were Team Globe but to the right at the end of the bridge. So, we've been all over the place..LOL
We have APs so, we don't line up until late. We normally don't go until 6:00 or 7:00.

In November, we got pictures with Churro........that was fun!!! The photo has a background saying "Orlando Informer Churro".

Last edited:
I’m so excited for the meetup and feel like we mostly have a handle on those days.

I’m also currently all-in researching Volcano Bay after my teens requested they would like to go ‘someday’. Since we are staying on-site June 1-6, it seems like the perfect time to try it and take advantage of early entry. So if you have any tips, please send them my way!

The longest line during the day is for the aquacoaster Krakatau. The tapu wait builds up to 3 hours in the afternoon. I ride this multiple times during the early entry when the line is short. Not everything is open during the early hours, lines for Honu and Ika Moana are usually short then also. I don't do the body plunge but I think that's open early too.

Interesting.....I always take the grand kids so, I don't think this will happen for me. but, I think this is a great idea!!

✨ Introducing the Orlando Informer Mini Meetup

On November 16 and December 7, we’ll be taking over your favorite Universal Islands of Adventure lands for a new experience just for the grown-ups. Inspired by your feedback, the Orlando Informer Mini Meetup is our first-ever adults-only offering, bringing you after-hours access to the park, little-to-no waits, and upgraded, unlimited food worthy of a refined palate. It’s your turn to enjoy no-stress, after-hours access.​

I like that the June attendees get 1st chance at spot in line for the Winter dates. But, I won't know if we can go this early. Sure wish I could do the mini one. Might have to talk some friend into going.

I did find out I'll be attending a work convention in Orlando the days leading up to the Nov meetup........MAYBE, I'll get lucky & it falls into place to just stay an extra day!!! Again, something I won't know this early..ugh.
Also, the date the tickets open, I will be in the parks. I'm just not going to worry about it & hope the mini one doesn't sell out.

We have a pretty good idea of what we want to do at meetups as well, we really kinda just go with the flow. Kids ride, we ride, kids ride, we eat, kids eat, we ride lol and so on 🤣

We want to catch some entertainment and character meets throughout the night. We are not waterpark people, so no advice there!

Team Globe here!! down the walkway next to RRR.
1st meetup we were Team Lighthouse. 2nd meetup we were Team Globe down the walkway next to RRR. 3rd meetup we were Team Globe but to the right at the end of the bridge. So, we've been all over the place..LOL
We have APs so, we don't line up until late. We normally don't go until 6:00 or 7:00.

In November, we got pictures with Churro........that was fun!!! The photo has a background saying "Orlando Informer Churro".
I think we are going to spring for the AP’s so we can go whenever while we visit and really hope for a Feb trip! I would love a Feb meetup but who knows if it will happen. Even if not I think we will take a long weekend to visit. I am for sure going to have to meet Churro!

We have just 13 days til the meetup, 12 til we leave! 🎉 So ready for this trip! I took my last final big test for teachers, but do not find out til mid June if I passed 😒 because it takes forever to grade open ended essay questions. Trying to not think about it too much! We have so much going on anyway.

I still need to swing by the shoe store. My younger dd needs more shorts. I need to stock up on sunscreen too!

Oh and the menus made me excited, Mels is going to have their apple pies again and milkshakes for the meetup. One of the meetups we went too, the pies were steaming hot and we made pie al a mode with the milkshakes- it was delicious! Last June they did not have them, I was so sad!

o ready for this trip! I took my last final big test for teachers, but do not find out til mid June if I passed 😒 because it takes forever to grade open ended essay questions. Trying to not think about it too much!
I know you did great!!! So, don't worry about it.......just have fun planning & then being there!!
Oh and the menus made me excited, Mels is going to have their apple pies again and milkshakes for the meetup.
I'm so bad at planning our food. We did try to not repeat from past times.
This a Mel's sounds great. I did see a taco bar at Cafe La Bamba that I want to try.

And I just saw coconut shrimp in Springfield fast food area.
Has anyone had the seafood at the Frying Dutchman????

Well, last week, I started remembering how hot it was last June. I don't do heat well. 🥵 We did plan on midday hotel breaks but, I did have times I just had to sit down and get out of the heat.
So, I ordered chargeable neck fans..........they came in today & I'm impressed!!! Can't wait to test them out at the parks.

Do any of you use these? These seem pretty light weight. And not the kind that looks like small fans. I wouldn't trust my hair around those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter