• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

Based on texts I'm getting today, I'm not sure that's gonna happen. They very well may be going on sale today.
I agree that's what the texts are hinting at, but it's odd that the website says the virtual queue to buy tickets will open on June 6th.

ETA: I re-read the text... I think today is the announcement of when tickets will go on sale (which seems to be June 6th based on the website) and some other 'what will be new' stuff.

I agree that's what the texts are hinting at, but it's odd that the website says the virtual queue to buy tickets will open on June 6th.

ETA: I re-read the text... I think today is the announcement of when tickets will go on sale (which seems to be June 6th based on the website) and some other 'what will be new' stuff.
What? They already posted the on-sale date on their website. I thought the people gettiing texts were supposed to be the first to know!

Haha! Just got the text saying tickets will go on sale June 6th and discounted hotels the next day.

I was never able to find them saying virtual queue would open June 6th. Only the text. Where is that on their site? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

ETA: Found it! I was looking before they changed the posting.

I was never able to find them saying virtual queue would open June 6th. Only the text. Where is that on their site? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

ETA: Found it! I was looking before they changed the posting.
Yeah, I saw that button around 10:00 on my phone but wasn't sure it was new.

I was checking every 10 minutes all morning because I figured they'd have to have whatever was happening live on website before the text/emails went out. It definitely changed after the last time I checked just before 10am.

We're still hoping for Dec 2. We've got a room booked ( just in case) for Endless Summer for the weekend and then move to SS on Sunday for the rest of the week.

One quick note that might be important to new participants, if I recall last year the discounted hotel rooms went even faster than the Meetup event tix so if you're getting a room be sure all your ducks are in a row to jump on those when the window opens.

Great advice! That's kind of what I observed for the June dates so we went ahead and booked a room last month and can cancel if we find a better rate. Sharing a 2 bedroom with another couple so rate would have to be cheaper than $135/night for us to cancel. Really don't plan on being in the room much so we just want a clean bed and fluffy pillows. ;-)

I am encouraged that it looks like they will be sending a link for hotel reservations to those that actually purchase meetup tickets. I don’t know that it was an abuse but always thought it was odd that anyone could book - unless maybe they were checking against a guest list behind the scenes or after the fact.

Didn’t see anyone else mention it but I got an email yesterday that they are also doing an adults only meet up November 16 and December 7. I’m planning to take my 13 year old so doesn’t work for me but probably would for some.

I am very anxious about getting tickets! Unfortunately, the ticket drop will occur right when I am in the middle of a job interview; I'm the chair of a hiring committee at work. I'm going to have to rely on someone else to try to get us tickets and it is stressing me out! I have a friend who managed to get Taylor Swift tickets so I am likely going to ask her to try for us, but I'm going to need to know what information she'll need - card number, billing address, names of people going, etc. I really hope I can get tickets as my husband is planning to finally join us for a meetup.

I'm feeling really stressed about getting tickets too. We've never done and event at UO but have had to synchronize our watches to get some events at Disney.

If they sell out do they release more leading up to the event? I've seen the prices go up for June as it gets closer.

I'm feeling really stressed about getting tickets too. We've never done and event at UO but have had to synchronize our watches to get some events at Disney.

If they sell out do they release more leading up to the event? I've seen the prices go up for June as it gets closer.
The prices do go up later. I don’t think they release more tickets except when they have multiple ticket drop days, which it seems they’re not doing this time.

I am very anxious about getting tickets! Unfortunately, the ticket drop will occur right when I am in the middle of a job interview; I'm the chair of a hiring committee at work. I'm going to have to rely on someone else to try to get us tickets and it is stressing me out! I have a friend who managed to get Taylor Swift tickets so I am likely going to ask her to try for us, but I'm going to need to know what information she'll need - card number, billing address, names of people going, etc. I really hope I can get tickets as my husband is planning to finally join us for a meetup.
The tickets will only be under your name. They don’t ask for your guests names. When you check in you’ll need your photo ID (for the person who’s name it’s under) Good luck! I’ll be trying for the November dates, 6 of us. The regular Meetup only. Don’t plan to do the mini Meetup.

The tickets will only be under your name. They don’t ask for your guests names. When you check in you’ll need your photo ID (for the person who’s name it’s under) Good luck! I’ll be trying for the November dates, 6 of us. The regular Meetup only. Don’t plan to do the mini Meetup.
Thank you! We are trying for the same - good luck!

I wouldn't stress about it but if you have flexibility the fact that there's 3 weekends should help your chances.

I am encouraged that it looks like they will be sending a link for hotel reservations to those that actually purchase meetup tickets. I don’t know that it was an abuse but always thought it was odd that anyone could book - unless maybe they were checking against a guest list behind the scenes or after the fact.
Confirmed with Taylor, you have to have a link from them to book a hotel. I wish that had always been the case, or you had to put in your confirmation number from the meetup tickets to book the rate! I didn't like that anyone could book for the price, that should be a perk to those attending the meetup only.
I wouldn't stress about it but if you have flexibility the fact that there's 3 weekends should help your chances.
I agree, if you can go in Nov, you will probably have a better chance at getting tickets. Nov didn't sell out like that in 21 when we went. I think they still had 2 night tickets closer to the date, but did eventually sell those out. Good luck!

I don't remember this being an instant sellout last year. Tickets were available for a healthy amount of time so hopefully no need to stress. I remember the rooms going quicker than the tickets.
Agree, as I recall the first tranche of tickets sold out incredibly fast but the second one had some available for a while. As it sounds like they're going to do a single ticket drop this time I wouldn't expect the tickets to be gone immediately though it's possible a specific weekend and/or day may go fast so if one has the ability to go to more than one weekend they'll hopefully be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter