• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ok check this math

luvmyfam444

DIS Veteran
for me...and tell me why it doesn't add up to what WDW quoted me....

this one's a long one....

ok here goes: we are FL residents so the new rate for us is $85 per adult per night----for the sty+play+dine. AND $35 for kids ages 3-9

OK there are 8 adults & 3 kids + 1 free kid (2yo)

1 room is 2 adults 1 kid (7yo) 1 Free (2yo)
1 room is 2 adults 2 kids (really "adults" ages 13 &11)
1 room is 2 adults 2 kids (8yo & 5yo)

so that should equal 12 people total.

WE are staying 3 days in the parks and have booked 3 nights (may add later)

SO NOW THE HARD PART!
so according to my math:
$85 x 3 days = $255 per adult
$255 x 8 adults = $2040

THEN $35 x 3 days = $105 per kid
$105 x 3 kids = $315

SO THE GRAND Total I have is $2355 BEFORE adding the 11.5% tax (270.83)which brings us to $2625.83.

IS this right!?!?!?!?!?!? WHERE IS MY MISTAKE I DONT" GET IT!?!? :confused3
the CM quoted over $4,000.00!!!! :earseek: I'd have to go get her exact amount - i just know it was around $2000.00 different & when I questioned it she said I'd have to call another # & they could explain it all to me.....
is there something hidden in the fine print??? (NO THER"E NOT_REALLY -unless it's in invisible ink! AAAAAAAAAGGGH I"M SO FRUSTRATED!!!)

Not sure how the Disney CM got their total. Sometimes it helps to simply call back. Also, there is a junior rate (Fl res) for ages 10-12 that is $129, so that saves even more money. I'd use MaBell again if I was you. Good luck!! :flower:

my math-
under $1000.00 that is with tax

you have 7 adults
1 junior
3 kids and 1 free

595 + 129 + 105= 829 11.5% tax 95.34 = 924.34 unless i am missing something?
that is with the juior rate that the previous poster mentioned

First, from Mousesavers: http://www.mousesavers.com/packages.html#flfreedining

Florida Resident Stay, Play and Dine Package
Florida residents can book a special version of the Magic Your Way with FREE Dining Plan package. For example, with the "Florida Resident Stay, Play and Dine Package," for $255 per adult:

Three nights at a select Walt Disney World Value resort.
Admission to a Walt Disney World theme park on each of three days.
The Disney Dining Plan, providing one counter-service meal, a select snack and one table-service meal per person, per night of the package.
Prices are based on adult double occupancy in a standard room in Value season. Guests on this package can add up to two children in the same room for only $105 per child (ages 3-9) or $129 per junior (ages 10-12).

and you said:

1 room is 2 adults 1 kid (7yo) 1 Free (2yo)
1 room is 2 adults 2 kids (really "adults" ages 13 &11)
1 room is 2 adults 2 kids (8yo & 5yo)

Now my math:

6 adults
2 juniors
3 children

6 x 255 = $1530
2 x 129 = $258
3 x 105 = $315

Total of $2103 x 11.5% tax = $2345.

(I am not sure where you got the $85 and $35 figures.... never mind, saw your math....but you didn't calculate the juniors correctly) I don't know how they got $4000+....

YES You're right! I DID miss the junior prices COMPLETELY! THat wasn't on the email I got - it just mentioned the kids up to 9yrs old (so I figured the others were adults!)

After all this work I talked to my dad last night & he doesn't want to go when I have the ressie!!!! :confused3 He thinks it wil be too crowded Labro Day (OF COURSE!) he would rather go Thanksgiving w/o the crowd & pay more $$!!!! SO I guess all this math work was USELESS!!!! - well not completely - ican probably double the $2000 & it will be what we pay in November!

BUT that's ok! WE're still going agin in Sept -just NOT with those people - we'll wait on them til NOvember!

luvmyfam444 said:
He thinks it wil be too crowded Labro Day (OF COURSE!) he would rather go Thanksgiving w/o the crowd & pay more $$!!!!
Why does he think that Thanksgiving will be LESS crowded than Labor day??????

I guess since last time we went it was Thanksgiving 2001---of COURSE there were no crowds since folks weren't flying yet & people were afraid to go to places like WDW - so it was almost empty---but you can't argue w/my dad--he will be right! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter