OK, Connecticut DISers, help me out here!

NHAnn

Survivor
DD and I are going to visit 2 colleges in CT on Thursday. We will be spending Wed night just south of Hartford off 91. Thurs morning we are going to Fairfield U and then Thurs afternoon to Quinnipiac in Hamden. As I understand the maps and directions, I can either go 91S to 95, or 91S to Merritt Pkwy to go to Fairfield from Hartford .
And then from Fairfield to Quinnipiac I can either go 95N to Rte 40 or the Merritt to Rte 10.
We'd be heading to Fairfield from Hartford first thing in the morning, and from Fairfield to Hamden mid-day.
Any tips or suggestions???

Hi Ann :wave:
hmmm...for Fairfield U I'd say either route...Merrit Parkway is a little longer mileage wise, it winds around and has hills...but traffic wise, it works out just about the same for time as I-95. I think it's a little closer to I-95, but not by much. From Fairfield to Hamden, I'd take the Merrit parkway :)

Thanks Donna !
DISers are so much more user-friendly than yahoo/maps LOL :teeth:

My DS goes to Sacred Heart in Fairfield. I vote for taking the Merritt whenever it's an option.

Yes the Merritt. BTW I'm 2 minutes from the Merritt....beep when you go by:D

Wait until you see the Derby exit....then beep:D

Just another confirming vote for the Merritt Parkway ... anytime you can avoid 95 in New Haven it's usually a good thing :D

We used to go from MA to Ft. Lee NJ by going Mass Pike to 84 to the Merritt, and then into Ft. Lee. I always enjoyed the drive. Not that it will be very pretty this time of year, but...

I live in Fairfield just minutes from Fairfield U and it's equi-distant from both highways for the most part. I agree with everyone that the Merritt is much better traffic-wise, scenery-wise and construction-wise. Let us know how you liked Fairfield U. It is a great school and a beautiful campus. My niece and nephew went to Quinnipiac and liked it very much.

Another vote for the Merritt. 95 is way too busy and full of huge trucks ( no trucks allowed on the Merritt), also there is a lot of constuction going on 95, and the ride thru Bridgeport into Stratford is AWFUL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter